Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-23-2019, 01:55 PM   #15
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
They're going to need a new name when they drop the LT5 in the ZL1 1LE... and ZL2 1LE just doesn't sound right. Why not Z/28? Sticking to the heritage didn't help move the 5th gen Z/28s off dealer lots.
Don't get me wrong I'd love a high revving naturally aspirated engine in a track focused car called Z/28. I just don't see that formula happening any time soon. Plus I'd love to see Chevy fire back at the GT500 when those specs are released. Similar to the way Ford announced their GT500 numbers right after Chevy introduced the ZL1.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:03 PM   #16
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Problem is that a naturally aspirated engine is not enough to compete with the top track cars and the SS 1LE already fills the mid level niche.

The Z/28 needs to be forced induction ...or replace the SS 1LE in the NA V8 segment ...or be retired.
This pretty much sums it up.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:03 PM   #17
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
They're going to need a new name when they drop the LT5 in the ZL1 1LE... and ZL2 1LE just doesn't sound right. Why not Z/28? Sticking to the heritage didn't help move the 5th gen Z/28s off dealer lots.
Don't get me wrong I'd love a high revving naturally aspirated engine in a track focused car called Z/28. I just don't see that formula happening any time soon. Plus I'd love to see Chevy fire back at the GT500 when those specs are released. Similar to the way Ford announced their GT500 numbers right after Chevy introduced the ZL1.
The only way we see another Z/28 is if they make the decision to rename the SS 1LE to Z/28...which would be a truly accurate decision. There is no need nor any chance that they're going to drop an LT5 into the current gen Camaro.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:05 AM   #18
shaffe

The main reason I don't see the LT5 going into the Camaro is I think it's the gran send off for the front engine vette.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 05-24-2019, 08:36 AM   #19
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
The only way we see another Z/28 is if they make the decision to rename the SS 1LE to Z/28...which would be a truly accurate decision. There is no need nor any chance that they're going to drop an LT5 into the current gen Camaro.
I agree with your logic on the naming structure but GM has stuck with the 1LE monniker leaving no space for the Z/28.... unless an engine comes along that is suitable. I remain hopeful we see the LT5 in a Camaro.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:39 AM   #20
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettmess24 View Post
Because GM and Ford have flipped the script on the single purpose Camaro and Mustang. Camaro no longer plays the little brother to the Corvette with restricted engines and lesser tech.

The GT500 is no longer a straight line car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Give me an example of something where the Camaro exceeds the Corvette, not including the A10 because that transmission doesn’t fit the C7 chassis. I know people like to say the Camaro isn’t limited anymore but the fact is the Camaro still doesn’t have an engine option that makes more power than the Corvette version and it doesn’t have a performance engine option that the Corvette never got.

The manual Camaro LT1 still has the AFM valve train, even though it can’t use it. The ZL1 LT4 still has the 1.7 liter blower, even though it didn’t need the low hood profile. The Camaro won’t get the LT5. The big n/a V8 for the C7 Z06 was scrapped, never mind that it could have been used for the Camaro.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:07 AM   #21
Brettmess24

Drives: 17 C7 GS WGG
LT2 vs LT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Give me an example of something where the Camaro exceeds the Corvette, not including the A10 because that transmission doesn’t fit the C7 chassis. I know people like to say the Camaro isn’t limited anymore but the fact is the Camaro still doesn’t have an engine option that makes more power than the Corvette version and it doesn’t have a performance engine option that the Corvette never got.

The manual Camaro LT1 still has the AFM valve train, even though it can’t use it. The ZL1 LT4 still has the 1.7 liter blower, even though it didn’t need the low hood profile. The Camaro won’t get the LT5. The big n/a V8 for the C7 Z06 was scrapped, never mind that it could have been used for the Camaro.

I do not understand what your argument is here.

By nature the Camaro is heavier and has four seats. It’s not meant to “exceed” the two seat, smaller and lighter Corvette.

They share the same engines and the A10 doesn’t count because it doesn’t fit in the lighter smaller Corvette?.....The Camaro hood is better suited for a larger blower? Did you just confirm my point of the LT5? Or are you saying that because they had the room same as the A10 GM should have added a larger blower? Or are you simply saying because GM doesn’t make a Camaro only motor? Financially it makes sense the cars would share the same engines and to continue to do so.

The manual in the ZLE is also better than the one in the ZO6. Would that make two areas the Camaro is better? Camaro seats more people does that count?

Furthermore the LT5 will fit and is already in use, why wouldn’t GM use a motor already in use to spread the costs of making said car/motor.....? The larger NA motor likely did not pass emissions.

Like it or not right now FI is the present.

Im happy with the direction the Camaro has gone as I traded my C7GS for the ZLE and no way I could have done that with the Gen5 Camaro had they continued to keep it back with lesser engines etc.

Last edited by Brettmess24; 05-24-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Brettmess24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:26 AM   #22
shaffe

His point is basically that Camaro still doesn't get the top things Corvette does.

LS6 never went into the Camaro
LS9 never went into the Camaro
LS7 only went into the Camaro when Corvette was not using it.
LT5 most likely not going into Camaro.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:32 AM   #23
Brettmess24

LT2 vs LT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
His point is basically that Camaro still doesn't get the top things Corvette does.

LS6 never went into the Camaro
LS9 never went into the Camaro
LS7 only went into the Camaro when Corvette was not using it.
LT5 most likely not going into Camaro.

I completely understand that but that is also my point that that IS THE PAST! Let’s not relive it and move forward.

Old 05-24-2019, 11:34 AM   #24
Bhobbs

Quote:
I do not understand what your argument is here.

By nature the Camaro is heavier and has four seats. It’s not meant to “exceed” the two seat, smaller and lighter Corvette.

They share the same engines and the A10 doesn’t count because it doesn’t fit in the lighter smaller Corvette?.....The Camaro hood is better suited for a larger blower? Did you just confirm my point of the LT5? Or are you saying that because they had the room same as the A10 GM should have added a larger blower? Or are you simply saying because GM doesn’t make a Camaro only motor? Financially it makes sense the cars would share the same engines and to continue to do so.

The manual in the ZLE is also better than the one in the ZO6. Would that make two areas the Camaro is better? Camaro seats more people does that count?

Furthermore the LT5 will fit and is already in use, why wouldn’t GM use a motor already in use to spread the costs of making said car/motor.....? The larger NA motor likely did not pass emissions.

Like it or not right now FI is the present.

Im happy with the direction the Camaro has gone as I traded my C7GS for the ZLE and no way I could have done that with the Gen5 Camaro had they continued to keep it back with lesser engines etc.

You claim the Camaro is no longer restricted, despite the fact that nothing has changed. The Camaro is still restricted to the lesser performance engines and does not get any performance engines of its own.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:36 AM   #25
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
How does it make sense? The Z/28 was never the most powerful Camaro and never competed with the GT500.
That doesn't mean that it can't now. It's just a name. If it's still attached to a Camaro, I couldn't care less about the heritage of the name.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:38 AM   #26
Bhobbs

Quote:
I completely understand that but that is also my point that that IS THE PAST! Let’s not relive it and move forward.

Based on what? Nothing with the 6th generation is different than previous generations. The difference is GM simplified engine production by combining multiple engines into one or two. The LT1 replaced the LS3 and L99. The LT4 replaced the LS7 and L99. The end result is Corvette still dictates what engines are built and the Camaro still doesn’t get the best GM has to offer.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:42 AM   #27
Brettmess24

Quote:
Based on what? Nothing with the 6th generation is different than previous generations. The difference is GM simplified engine production by combining multiple engines into one or two. The LT1 replaced the LS3 and L99. The LT4 replaced the LS7 and L99. The end result is Corvette still dictates what engines are built and the Camaro still doesn’t get the best GM has to offer.

What else does GM have to offer right now?

Old 05-24-2019, 11:43 AM   #28
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
That doesn't mean that it can't now. It's just a name. If it's still attached to a Camaro, I couldn't care less about the heritage of the name.
If you don’t care either way, then there’s no reason to call it Z/28.

If the 7th generation Camaro turned out to be a front wheel drive econo box, people would say it’s not a Camaro.

Tags
concept, lt2, lt5, z/28