Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 12-10-2022, 03:25 PM   #1
Nate76

Drives: 2022 2SS Convertible
Bose rear speakers on convertible upgrade.

The system on the convertible sounds good but I’m not a huge fan of the “front sound stage” sound. I wish that I could have a more surround sound with more coming from the two rear speaker. When I fade to the back, I would barely even call them speakers because the sound is so quiet and mono. Is it possible to add decent speakers in the space allotted or what would be needed to improve the setup. Also, I wouldn’t want to mess with the Bose system too much. I thinking of taking it to a shop but wanted to throw it out the the experts in this site first as we know our Camaros better than anyone.
Thanks!
Nate76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 09:27 PM   #2
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
It's not too bad to add to the Bose system. First, you'll need a 2016-2023 Camaro With BOSE Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit from Sub Thump. This neatly taps into the necessary wiring (instead of having to do all of the splicing yourself), as well as canceling the ANC (active noise canceling). You wire that up to a LOC (line out converter), then wire the LOC to an amp. I went with a JL Audio LoC-22
2-channel LOC, because I'm only adding a subwoofer. Others go with an AudioControl LC2i or LC2i PRO, LC6i for 6 channels, or even LC8i for 8 channels. There are a couple of threads here with more info as well.

There are other ways to do it of course, but this is the route I'm taking. It's more of a budget route.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 09:31 PM   #3
DamonZ28

Really good info in this thread:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611406

More variety of suggestions in this thread:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=604004

Great info in this thread, but some of the info is from the early 6th gen days so it doesn't all apply still today:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563270
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
Old 12-10-2022, 09:39 PM   #4
DamonZ28

I'm currently in the middle of my build. Today I wired up the LOC and my amp. I'm building my own sub enclosure (wish me luck), and the sub thump harness kit should arrive Monday or Tuesday. Having a convertible, you'll have to do something a little different than I'm doing, of course, since you have less space to work with.

Here are the pics of the LOC and the amp. (Don't worry, that big wad of speaker wire won't stay there, will cut it down when I get the sub enclosure installed).
Attached Images

My Camaro Journal
Old 12-12-2022, 10:36 AM   #5
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate76 View Post
Is it possible to add decent speakers in the space allotted or what would be needed to improve the setup. Also, I wouldn’t want to mess with the Bose system too much.
as others have said, you need to take what's coming out of the Bose amp, convert it, then feed the signal to another amp. Changing speakers alone will not help.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 09:43 PM   #6
Nate76

Drives: 2022 2SS Convertible
Thanks for your insights guys.
Nate76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bose, convertible, rear speakers, upgrade