Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 04-07-2023, 07:47 PM   #85
SCCAForums

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro, Ford Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivid_1LE View Post
Thanks! That seems like its probably the best route to go for carbon ceramics then. Nice car haha
lol, nice color choice yourself!
Old 04-09-2023, 11:11 PM   #86
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71bb View Post
To add to what DAVE mentioned, I had a ZL1 1LE for 3 months PRIOR to replacing that car with a highly modified SS 1LE variant that I have NOW.

The differences between Dave's set up and mine is I have more power because I am running a LME 416 NA engine (roughly 580 RWHP). I certainly DONT have the AERO he has though so no doubt his car is more capable on the track. So for ME , I MUCH prefer the SS !LE in the modified state that it is now over my ZL1 1LE for several reasons.

1. The WEIGHT difference is SIGNIFICANT as Dave mentions. All other things being equal this results in the car having a more neutral handling posture which DEFINITELY can result in better lap times capability. The SMOOTHER and easier the car can transition its body weight mass while transitioning thru corners, the FASTER the car will be.

2. POWER curve on an NA engine is MUCH smoother and LESS unsettling when compared to my ZL1 1LE. OBVIOUSLY a supercharged engine will have more torque and will make it earlier when compared to an NA engine. This is NOT as desirable though on a road course as it is for purposes of straight line acceleration as in roll racing or drag racing.

3. My SS 1LE NEVER goes into REDUCED POWER mode even in a 30 minute track session when compared to my ZL1 1LE. Compressed Boosted air makes for higher IAT's (Intake Air Temperature). This of course results in the ECU pulling timing from the engine with corresponding loss of power and torque.

4. My ZL1 1LE suspension was MUCH too harsh in general even on a road course with the 1400 pound rear spring rating. So at high speed and on anything that wasnt super smooth the car would become unsettled even to extent of becoming airborne on one particular connector. Of course it has been said my numerous people, for a daily driver my ZL1 1LE suspension was completely UNACCEPTABLE.

The biggest drawback I see on my current SS 1LE to my ZL1 1LE is fuel economy, A BIG POWER NA engine will do 10-12 MPG . I typically got 14-16 MPG on my ZL1 1LE.

Also I think there is a misconception that a BIG POWER NA car is less expensive to build than a supercharged car. I can tell you though that it is NOT. Dave will tell you the same thing I am sure!!!
Well written! I like hearing stories like these when people go from top of the line back down to the SS 1LE in modified form. It's like a hidden gem thats not talked about

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 11:37 AM   #87
eimarshall

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE Hyperblue
Are you still running the wheel well liners? did you cut out an area for the fender vent?
eimarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 12:12 PM   #88
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Thanks very much for sharing your build!
Old 09-15-2023, 04:04 PM   #89
BSV-CamaroSS
US Army Retired

Drives: 2002 WS6, 2023 2SS 1LE
Awesome build dude! Love everything you have done to your ride. Great write up!
2002 WS6 #3392 SOM, 645 hp, 507 tq.

2023 2SS 1LE Shadow Gray Metallic delivered 6/2/23
BSV-CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 12:43 AM   #90
SCCAForums

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro, Ford Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by eimarshall View Post
Are you still running the wheel well liners? did you cut out an area for the fender vent?
Still running the fender liners, just cut out the portion where fender vents are now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Thanks very much for sharing your build!
Much appreciated! I’ve been doing a few more minor revisions/improvements, I’ll be sure to update the thread after SEMA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSV-CamaroSS View Post
Awesome build dude! Love everything you have done to your ride. Great write up!
Thank you BSV!

Best regards,
Dave
Old 10-08-2023, 09:42 AM   #91
Crushed 1LE

Drives: 2022 ZL1(FEA suspension) Rapid Blue
Dave, can I ask where you purchased the fender vents?
Crushed 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anderson composites, forgeline wheels, katech, msd atomic airforce manifold