#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-24-2024, 10:51 PM   #365
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
Oh that is interesting that you hate the 3.1. It's my favorite lap in Texas. I love the wild ride of the 1.3 section. I was planning on doing NASA ECR put my new coilover setup won't be done in time. I'm doing testing with Adam on April 6 on the 1.7.
Well ADAM is the best!!!
https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 05:29 AM   #366
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
MORE STUPID SHIT!!!!

Well a couple of weeks ago I was looking forward to a NASA Time Trial Event at my favorite track which is EAGLES CANYON 2.7 CCW.

My car threw a DTC code almost immediately and I could NOT clear it with my AEROSPACE gauge.

The codes were PO700 and PO340. Those are basically a transmission controller code and a camshaft position error code.

WTF??? The result was the car was hard to start and wouldnt go over 80MPH and would not shift to the next gear.

OK this SEEMED like a new one but to my surprise I found that the AC belt had broken and apparently damaged the wiring harness that is located on the front of the engine. This wiring harness amongst other things connects to the CAMSHAFT position sensor.

If you look MUCH earlier in this thread , the EXACT same thing happened. So the WTF question was WHAT CAUSED THIS???

Well as you guys are aware, the AC compressor automatically shuts off under SUDDEN acceleration and at certain RPM levels. SO...............if you forget to turn off the damn AC switch prior to making a track run , then that can make the belt flex in effect jumping it away from its pulley. The AC belt runs VERY close to the aforementioned front engine harness so it can wrap around the harness fairly easily under these conditions and damage it or the sensor or BOTH.

When you start the car it will remember what the last state was on the AC system. So if you drive to the track with the AC on then it will automatically comes on when you restart the car. If the AC switch is OFF when you turn the car off than it will be off when you first restart the car.

TURN THE DAMN AC switch off when you arrive at the track!!! This belt FLEXING is not so much an issue with daily driving because you arent constantly on and off the throttle like when you are at the track.
https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10

Last edited by sr71bb; 04-19-2024 at 11:12 AM.
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 12:24 PM   #367
Eric10905
Geezer_loves_Camaros

Drives: 2018 2SS, Black, A8
As always, good stuff & info Greg. I lost a belt at a track day as well, but luckily it didn't take out the harness. I had not thought about this.... I probably turn on the AC while sitting in staging during our brutal TX summers. Guess I'm going to have to tough it out, since I don't trust myself to remember to turn it off when released. lol
Curious, if you did a different balancer, what belt size are you using as well?
Keep it on the black stuff!
Eric10905 is offline   Reply With Quote