Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 08-29-2020, 08:39 PM   #1
NowaChevyGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 RS Black on Black
Back seat out, speakers in

I have the Bose system in my 16 RS and have hated it for a long time. Bose has this thing with front staging I'm trying to provide a feeling of being at a concert where you're standing in front of the stage. I've been into car audio pretty much most of my life I think this is just a stupid approach. I couldn't even hear the rear speakers in my car which was irritating. I want a back seat delete kit off of one of my Facebook groups a while back and even though the quality was a little bit cheesy it was actually an expensive kit. Finally donning on me one day I could take that rear seat to leak it and use it as a beginning template for the pieces that I would need I decided to commit and build my own rear speaker system that would provide the bass and rear fill these cars really deserve. I had a lot of fun doing this since I haven't built any really hardcore car audio systems in the last few years. One note that I'd like to add is that there isn't one damn flat straight edge in these cars, lol. Just try to find a place on the dash to mount your cell phone holder unless you get a pro clip. Same thing with the back seat, every edge is curved or rounded so it took a little bit of time to do some sanding and test fitting to make sure everything fit. I'm really happy with the outcome of this and plan to do a little bit of upgrading on the speakers later when I could afford some better quality ones. Because this was rear fill I didn't really need anything super high power for the mids and highs and I had most of the equipment on hand.
Here's what is installed equipment wise:
Massive audio nanoblock N2 amp - 1600 watts x 1@1ohm
JL Audio 400/4v2 - 100 watts x4@2ohm
2 12" Kicker Pro CompR
2 Pyle Driver 8"
2 Hifonics 5.25"
2 Blaupunkt 4x6"
Attached Images

2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
NowaChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 03:43 PM   #2
ThirdGenNut

Drives: 2020 LT1
God that makes me feel 16 again.
ThirdGenNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 09:37 PM   #3
NowaChevyGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 RS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdGenNut View Post
God that makes me feel 16 again.
Me to
2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
NowaChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 05:33 PM   #4
Thrashed1LE

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Damn, that is hardcore!
GM Spectrum Lighting
Alpine component speakers, JBL amp, Magnum Subs
3M tinted windows
ZL1 Add Ons front and rear rock guards
Stainless Works headers and x-pipe
Borla ATAK axleback exhaust
Dyno tuned at National Speed, 464rwhp, 493ft lbs
Next up, MSD intake manifold and another set of dyno tunes
Thrashed1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 07:52 PM   #5
Corky

Drives: 2019 1SS M6
Great set-up... Tell me about your blower motor...Is it thermostat activated ?