Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-24-2018, 08:44 PM   #15
HyperBlue16

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
Looks like multiple swipes, about 4. Had to be concurrent because of the pattern.
More like some one toweling off the car and something dragged in the towel,
front to back at center roof, back to front - midway, front to back - midway, back to front - door edge.
HyperBlue16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:25 PM   #16
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollaMo View Post
What evidence do you have that shows he did this,
Other than your word against his?
Subpoena their dash-cam for one, if they have a dash-cam. That would probably do it.

If he is sure about this, as in he heard him set it on the top of the car/move it around, he is 100% sure it wasn't there before and 100% it was there right after, he should absolutely do something about it.

Here's how it works, you gather your evidence, your pictures, your signed statement, any witness statements if you have them (people who may have seen it right before), and you send them a letter stating what happened, what the cost is to fix it (and where the estimate is from), and that they need to respond to you within ten (10) business days to arrange for repair. You send this certified and regular mail. If the regular mail doesn't get returned, even if the certified gets returned, you can presume they got the letter, but most likely they'll have someone sign the certified.

Now, if they have good lawyers, they'll look at their own dash-cam, realize they screwed up, and agree to pay for it. If they don't, you have served them notice. You have the most important parts already done and at that point, you have a few options, you could pursue the legal option and try to sue them and subpoena the dash-cam. You could contact your insurance, tell them what happened, tell them what you did, tell them what officer it was, and file a claim. The insurance company doesn't want to swallow the fix-it costs either and might subpoena the dash-cam themselves. It might be worth talking over with the insurance company anyway, maybe a manager or adjuster.

Shouldn't even have to subpoena the dash-cam, should be able to FOIA it, making a FOIA request. Hell, make a FOIA request at the same time you send them the letter notifying/serving them.

To me, it looks like it could be a clipboard/can that was dragged across the top, given the parallel lines, it would have had to be fairly large, but it's plausible. I can't imagine he wouldn't have heard/felt it happening.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:17 AM   #17
NowaChevyGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 RS Black on Black
Thanks all. I know it was him.bwe took pics after the door install and I inspected the whole car. I am sure it wasn't intentional and it will buff out. My detail shop is going to take care of it Friday. Long story but the new me has learned from the old me that going app shit over it won't do anything but cause a bunch of un needed stress and waisted time. Thanks for letting me vent all, moving on
2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
NowaChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:21 AM   #18
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowaChevyGuy View Post
Thanks all. I know it was him.bwe took pics after the door install and I inspected the whole car. I am sure it wasn't intentional and it will buff out. My detail shop is going to take care of it Friday. Long story but the new me has learned from the old me that going app shit over it won't do anything but cause a bunch of un needed stress and waisted time. Thanks for letting me vent all, moving on
i could buff it out for u. cost ya a beer.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:30 AM   #19
ljc

Drives: 2ss Nightfall Grey
Quote:
You beat me to it...I'm glad that you decided to take this route. Gathering pictures, standing in lines to send certified letters, court appearances, and most of all CONSTANTLY having these thoughts in your mind will do more harm to you unnecessarily...especially if you don't win your case. That would have turned out a waste of time and headache. Smart man!!!
ljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:24 AM   #20
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Why was he on your passenger side, and what was he carrying to put those scratches all over your roof? You are a better person than me. I wouldntlet that go if I was sure he did it.

Just becuae the are the law doesnt give them the right to destroy someone's stuff.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:51 AM   #21
CAGVF84

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty 2SS
Clear coat got and not deep into the paint like many have said here. Good thing detail shop will take care it. So good on you for keeping your cool and not making things worse. For all we know this cop was already having a bad day and your paths crossed.
CAGVF84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:58 AM   #22
sdmcss

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE, 1985 MCSS
Based on how the scratches go from the middle of the car to the outside edge in a round motion, this is more consistent with debris in a towel during wipe down. I do not believe the cop did this unless he was hugging your car with his notebook in his hand. I cant see how they could get scratches in the middle of the roof.

I would report and ask for the video. See if it was caused by the cop. I would just take it to a detail shop for some buffing.

Past/Current:
2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible, M6, Silver Ice Metallic, Inferno Orange Interior and Stripes - SOLD
2007 Monte Carlo SS, LS4, Summit White, Silver Rally Stripes - SOLD
2006 Impala SS, LS4, Black on Black - SOLD
1985 Monte Carlo SS
sdmcss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:59 AM   #23
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBlueCamaro View Post
Easy fix follow this video!
https://youtu.be/2nYF46P7B2c

ChrisFix is the man! Very good DIY stuff. I watch his vids just to watch for educational purposes. lol
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:21 PM   #24
R.C. Collins

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
my constant anti Authority complex.
Sounds like you have a CHiP on your shoulder. Sorry, couldn't resist. When i'm in my car i can hear every bit of debris that hits it, so i think someone scratching it, especially as much as you claim, would be very loud. Have someone run their fingernails along the side of your car. You can hear it from inside. Anyways, CHP units have video and audio records of traffic stops. Have a look-see.
R.C. Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:26 PM   #25
R.C. Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Why was he on your passenger side
CHP normally makes their approaches and contacts on the passenger side, especially when parked near a busy traffic lane.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:45 PM   #26
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.C. Collins View Post
CHP normally makes their approaches and contacts on the passenger side, especially when parked near a busy traffic lane.
It would certainly be safer for them to do that. I however have never experienced a cop coming up on my right side. The scratches are towards the back and the middle back part of the roof. The cop would have to be up farther to be able to communicate with a driver from that side of the car. If he laid something up there you would think that it would be up more towards the front part of the roof. It sucks for the OP either way.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:08 PM   #27
R.C. Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
It would certainly be safer for them to do that. I however have never experienced a cop coming up on my right side.
Yes, it's a safety policy. I know because i was incarcerated for six months by the CHP at their West Sacramento facility back in the late 80's. The torture that went on there...
Old 01-25-2018, 03:38 PM   #28
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.C. Collins View Post
Unless it was this guy.
Attached Images

JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote