Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-23-2019, 09:07 PM   #15
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
I have the MPD 4 inch functional cowl induction hood but I don't think they can be had anymore. Eric who built them passed away last year and I don't know if the family still has the business, but it is a very well made hood and gets a lot of attention.

Attachment 1013979
That hood is quality like the rest of your ride! Functional cowl with the CAI is a nice feature. I have a Vararam but looking to do something a little different that won't be that style of CAI either. Again really nice hood though maybe someone will eventually pick up where Eric left off.

I like the VFN the others have but kind of wanting a carbon fiber and haven't got with them yet to see if they do those. Don't see any on their site. Decisions, decisions
Old 12-24-2019, 06:04 AM   #16
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_SS10 View Post
Sweet. Is the cowl functional? It simply bolted on without anything extra? Thanks man. BTW, sweet ride!!!
Thanks! Cowl is functional and nothing was needed. I bought a steel hood strut from phasetek but that was only because we couldn't get the original strut to go on.
Old 12-24-2019, 09:29 AM   #17
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajefe Couple View Post
That hood is quality like the rest of your ride! Functional cowl with the CAI is a nice feature. I have a Vararam but looking to do something a little different that won't be that style of CAI either. Again really nice hood though maybe someone will eventually pick up where Eric left off.

I like the VFN the others have but kind of wanting a carbon fiber and haven't got with them yet to see if they do those. Don't see any on their site. Decisions, decisions
Thank you sir for the fine compliments ! Yea this hood was a very nice constructed piece, Eric did his homework when he designed it. Up under the rear of the hood are 2 large vents that connect to a tunnel on the underside of the hood that has an opening that drops out right over the CAI, at idle you can put your hand back there on the vents and actually feel some suction from the intake, kinda cool!! And yea I hope someone picks up Eric's molds and continues building his legacy, and with the same quality. Thanks again and Merry Christmas !! RIP Eric..
Old 01-08-2020, 10:17 PM   #18
Ashn4it

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray LS3 M6 (SOLD)
I have the MPD1 cowl hood also. It works in conjunction with the C.A.I. Intake and is 3 3/4 inches tall. Such an amazing hood hand crafted. Unfortunately Eric passed away in March of last year so no more will be made unfortunately, he will be missed

1997 C5 LS1 Corvette (SOLD)
1985 C4 L98 Corvette (SOLD)
1967 Camaro RS/SS 383 sb (STOLEN)
Ashn4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:37 AM   #19
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashn4it View Post
I have the MPD1 cowl hood also. It works in conjunction with the C.A.I. Intake and is 3 3/4 inches tall. Such an amazing hood hand crafted. Unfortunately Eric passed away in March of last year so no more will be made unfortunately, he will be missed

Yes sir, he will be MISSED for sure!! I had the opportunity to go down to his shop and him and I installed the hood on my Camaro, very awesome guy!!! RIP Eric !!