Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 01-10-2019, 11:27 PM   #1
NowaChevyGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 RS Black on Black
Help with RS suspension upgrade choices

Hi all, sorry if this has already been covered, if so please link me.

I have a 16 RS. 3.27 gears, Trifecta tune, BMR sway bars, lower trailing arms and rear brace going in soon.

I am thinking of doing springs or coilovers. The wife has been driving it and pretty much killed my front struts not paying attention to hard bumps on San Bernardino crappy roads. I'm not looking to slam it but a little lower I wouldn't mind. I've been looking at the Megan EZ coilovers but not sure if I should just stick with springs and struts. It's a daily driver. I hwy race but no track time as of yet.

Any info would be great. Pics are a little old but stance is the same.

Thanks all.
Attached Images

2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
NowaChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:48 AM   #2
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
I'd stick with OEM suspension; that way you won't need to race on the highway!
1100 - 5/08/2018 | 3800 - 6/18/2018
2000 - 5/09/2018 | 4200 - 6/21/2018
3000 - 5/28/2018 | 5000 - 6/27/2018
6000 - 6/29/2018
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 03:48 PM   #3
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
eibach springs on mine. no change to the rest of the suspension though. Been on it for almost 2 years and no issues. Still clears speed bumps without having to drive on eggshells.

Though, if you're destroying your suspension with stock springs and struts/shocks then why in the world would you think about going lower? That makes no sense.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:15 AM   #4
NowaChevyGuy

The wife is the destroyer of struts, all Hale the Queen, lol. I've run Eibach on a lot of cars (Mustangs, Challengers, etc) but always wind up swapping it out for something firmer. First Camaro for me though. How is the firmness of your Eibachs? Or do you fuel the progressive springs could be a little firmer?
2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
Old 01-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #5
NowaChevyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_QC View Post
I'd stick with OEM suspension; that way you won't need to race on the highway!
Just wanted to throw a quick follow-up on this one. trust me at 47 and growing up in San Diego I've done my fair share of freeway as well as legal and illegal racing in this state and others. Though I don't think I'll ever outgrow my addiction to performances speed and power, with age comes quite a bit of wisdom and responsibility. The recent laws in California I know are a direct result of an out-of-control generation helping hands on there 3 Minutes of Fame on YouTube, no matter what the cost or who gets hurt along the way. Even so I have always been a driver I was raised by drivers I respect the power and speed that comes along with this hobby / addiction. And our day they came down with laws about window tint other small infractions that gave them cause to pull over suspicious vehicles to deter the ones that needed a little pulling back. Watching the videos of what's happening in today's age I can tell you it saddens me for our hobby to see that responsibility disrespected so easily and thrown away are those who don't I have the first clue of what a true relationship between man (person) and machine can be. I wish everyone the utmost safety out there on the roads just remind us all to take that have second breath before committing just think of all the possible outcomes. Sacrificing safety to blow off some dumb-ass kid in a WRX it's something I think we all can agree is it worth it much less worth the time it seems these days.

Keep the rubber side down and the panted side up my friends.