Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Phastek Performance


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2019, 06:18 PM   #15
snowolf_rs
 
Drives: 2017 Summit White Camaro RS 1LT
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Alabama
Posts: 9
I went back by today and kept asking if they could tell me what exactly failed, but they kept saying they couldnt tell me without taking the engine out and charging me for it. The first engine was bone stock and i had it less than 2 months. This time around i had ZZP catted downpipe, ZZP intake tube, jacfab valve, and was tuned by danytech. Running 93 octane and dexos 5w30 oil
snowolf_rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:06 PM   #16
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros
 
Evil-Bee-NH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 6,302
Ask for the original engine replacements invoice if they ask why say insurance purposes. It should list what failed not saying it's gonna be the same thing but will give you a good idea atleast.
__________________


MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 301RWHP - 371 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.751s @ 106MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:10 PM   #17
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros
 
Evil-Bee-NH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 6,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
I know right. Who gets the oil wrong? Thank you for the laughs. I like how you give him credit for the correct can Lol.
Well their cans are really nice i had one on my 5th gen thing worked flawlessly. For some reason they just think the LTG is the same as a Turbo V6 build. Worse is they have free R&D videos from Mishimoto and they can't be helped to admit they need to adjust things.
__________________


MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 301RWHP - 371 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.751s @ 106MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:26 PM   #18
snowolf_rs
 
Drives: 2017 Summit White Camaro RS 1LT
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Alabama
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Ask for the original engine replacements invoice if they ask why say insurance purposes. It should list what failed not saying it's gonna be the same thing but will give you a good idea atleast.
I have the original invoice, thats how i know its the same thing. I showed it to the service manager, and thats when he told me it was the exact same thing and that my tune didnt cause it.
snowolf_rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:30 AM   #19
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros
 
Evil-Bee-NH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 6,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowolf_rs View Post
I have the original invoice, thats how i know its the same thing. I showed it to the service manager, and thats when he told me it was the exact same thing and that my tune didnt cause it.
So why did they decide not to warranty it this time? it's a pre-existing condition and it's been verified it has nothing to do with your tune. I do understand that by tuning you voided the warranty but clearly your dealership is one of those you touch anything it's all on you types.
__________________


MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 301RWHP - 371 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.751s @ 106MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:37 AM   #20
snowolf_rs
 
Drives: 2017 Summit White Camaro RS 1LT
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Alabama
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
So why did they decide not to warranty it this time? it's a pre-existing condition and it's been verified it has nothing to do with your tune. I do understand that by tuning you voided the warranty but clearly your dealership is one of those you touch anything it's all on you types.
They claim that they sent GM the logs from my ECM, and that GM said my warranty is automatically voided because i modified the stock files. Doesnt matter that the same thing happened when stock, theyre trying to say i caused it this time by putting more stress on the engine than stock, and that GM wouldnt let them cover it if they wanted to
snowolf_rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 02:09 AM   #21
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros
 
Evil-Bee-NH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 6,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowolf_rs View Post
They claim that they sent GM the logs from my ECM, and that GM said my warranty is automatically voided because i modified the stock files. Doesnt matter that the same thing happened when stock, theyre trying to say i caused it this time by putting more stress on the engine than stock, and that GM wouldnt let them cover it if they wanted to
Lawl not sure which to believe but if it's a 2nd engine repair i imagine GM requested the ECM logs this time around. Just them saying those simple bolt-ons and an ecm tune put to much stress on the engine is pathetic unless they're admitting there's a manufacturer qc issue lol. We already know the QC on the LTGs is piss poor tons of missing clips and bolts on 60% of them.
__________________


MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 301RWHP - 371 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.751s @ 106MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM   #22
snowolf_rs
 
Drives: 2017 Summit White Camaro RS 1LT
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Alabama
Posts: 9
Well, contacted GM and explained everything, and they also refused to cover the car. So looks like im gonna bite the bullet and go forged internals, then continue the build from there.
snowolf_rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM   #23
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros
 
Evil-Bee-NH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 6,302
That sucks man. Atleast with forged internals your safe for the long haul.
__________________


MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 301RWHP - 371 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.751s @ 106MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM   #24
Vtor_ZL1
 
Vtor_ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: Tire Eater
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Left Side of the Moon
Posts: 513
Don't forget to have injectors flow tested.
__________________
ing for grip.
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.