Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-27-2019, 12:54 PM   #71
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
The interesting thing here, though, is that the automakers, through the auto alliance, have sent letters to the president and to Congress asking that the regulations NOT be frozen at 2020 levels thru 2025. I think the reasoning behind it is that some have already started spending towards achieving the expected targets for 2025. Without the currently planned regulations in place, a lot of that spending is just money burned. Also, they may realize that even if the US (whose targets are already more lax than the rest of the world) doesn’t set strict targets, international automakers that are already engineering to even stricter standards for Europe, China, and Japan / Korea can still bring their “more advanced” product to the US and square them up against domestic product that is not as up to date. And finally, just kicking the can down the road and raising the standards later could result in MORE spending later to buy into technologies that get stalled today. Basically, a share the pain strategy.
I saw that recently in the news. To me it says that the industry is ready to meet the new challenges, despite all the doomsdayer's. AND, it means that the industry would like more stability, and not dramatic regulation changes every time the adminstration changes. It also means that, as you said, it would me much better if most countries with lots of vehicle sales to have pretty similar regulations. When you have several sets of regulations, you have to take the high water approach. Make the vehicle meet the most strict standards, and it will pass everywhere else. So, it really won't have much effect if any (current or future) administrations reduce regulations with regards to FE, safety, and emissions.

BTW, aren't you supposed to be on TV soon? Good luck, and I will try to watch!
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 01:04 PM   #72
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
One thing we didn't see when this was announced, was a bunch of people declaring the Mustang was dead...

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/thr...o-2022.104738/
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 02:05 PM   #73
VQ35DE

Drives: 2013 / 2SS / RS / L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
I saw that recently in the news. To me it says that the industry is ready to meet the new challenges, despite all the doomsdayer's. AND, it means that the industry would like more stability, and not dramatic regulation changes every time the adminstration changes. It also means that, as you said, it would me much better if most countries with lots of vehicle sales to have pretty similar regulations. When you have several sets of regulations, you have to take the high water approach. Make the vehicle meet the most strict standards, and it will pass everywhere else. So, it really won't have much effect if any (current or future) administrations reduce regulations with regards to FE, safety, and emissions.

BTW, aren't you supposed to be on TV soon? Good luck, and I will try to watch!

HE IS ON AUTOLINE AS WE SPEAK !!!!!!!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/6QBzIddYVJ0

I sent in the question that John read about your car.

Last edited by VQ35DE; 06-27-2019 at 07:35 PM.
VQ35DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 02:12 PM   #74
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by VQ35DE View Post
HE IS ON AUTOLINE AS WE SPEAK !!!!!!!!!!!!
He's doing a great job! I started just a bit ago, so I missed the beginning, I will go back and watch the whole thing sometime soon.

WAY TO GO Martin!
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 02:16 PM   #75
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
He's doing a great job! I started just a bit ago, so I missed the beginning, I will go back and watch the whole thing sometime soon.

WAY TO GO Martin!
Old 06-27-2019, 03:05 PM   #76
whitelightning011

Drives: '16 1SS A8 w/ NPP
But... but... the JD Power awards!
whitelightning011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:06 PM   #77
VQ35DE

Drives: 2013 / 2SS / RS / L99
You did great James !

Last edited by VQ35DE; 06-27-2019 at 08:38 PM.
VQ35DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:10 PM   #78
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
One thing we didn't see when this was announced, was a bunch of people declaring the Mustang was dead...

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/thr...o-2022.104738/
Because people want sensational headlines. So these "news outlets" report whatever sounds sensational. And people, instead of using their reasoning and logic, start posting these doomsday reports. It happens all the time here.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:25 PM   #79
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VQ35DE View Post
You did great James !
Yes he did an excellent job with some great insight. Well done.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:45 PM   #80
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Anyone care to share the notes??!! Please?!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 09:25 PM   #81
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Just watched the whole show.

James Martin is not only the most interesting man on Camaro6, he’s also the most interesting man on Autoline After Hours.

Blaq. So many gear head topics. Must watch.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 09:28 PM   #82
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Link to the show.
Autoline After Hours
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 09:59 PM   #83
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
The interesting thing here, though, is that the automakers, through the auto alliance, have sent letters to the president and to Congress asking that the regulations NOT be frozen at 2020 levels thru 2025. I think the reasoning behind it is that some have already started spending towards achieving the expected targets for 2025. Without the currently planned regulations in place, a lot of that spending is just money burned. Also, they may realize that even if the US (whose targets are already more lax than the rest of the world) doesn’t set strict targets, international automakers that are already engineering to even stricter standards for Europe, China, and Japan / Korea can still bring their “more advanced” product to the US and square them up against domestic product that is not as up to date. And finally, just kicking the can down the road and raising the standards later could result in MORE spending later to buy into technologies that get stalled today. Basically, a share the pain strategy.
You know as well as I do that budgets are being set for 2020 to work on products for 2024. It's more than some have started spending.

When I was there, almost eight years ago now, they had the first discussions on a big 4 cylinder turbo for the Full Size Trucks...….and that just launched. So the product plan for 2020, 21 and 22 is pretty much locked. Production tooling is underway for 2022 models I'm sure.

There is a reason Mary B went to DC. I'm pretty sure GM has gone all in and cutting or freezing the requirement could leave GM holding the bag so to speak.

And here is a major tip, the Chinese market will eventually drive our market. The Chinese market is DOUBLE the US market. And if you guys watch the want ads for engineers, the Chinese have been over HERE developing EV technology for their home market. I have been told by a trusted studier of such things that the Chinese sent 10 or more companies over here with a Billion or so each of seed money to duke it out...…..with our engineers....to see who would win for the Chinese market. This person was actually offered a pretty well paying job with one of them, which gladly he declined. Pollution is so bad over there they have to do something and EVs are their answer.

Keep in mind, Buick still builds the Lacrosse and the Verano in China. And they have a mini van too. Buick outsells Chevrolet 2 to 1 in China and has 1,000,000 sales per year.

But back to the Camaro.

GM does not comment on future products. Period.

They would not come out and say they are delaying or canceling a model 4 years in the future. They may come out in say it's a last model year, but they aren't going to come out and say the cancelled they the 2023 Camaro any more than they would announce a 2023 Colorado replacement.
Old 06-27-2019, 10:18 PM   #84
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
You know as well as I do that budgets are being set for 2020 to work on products for 2024. It's more than some have started spending.

When I was there, almost eight years ago now, they had the first discussions on a big 4 cylinder turbo for the Full Size Trucks...….and that just launched. So the product plan for 2020, 21 and 22 is pretty much locked. Production tooling is underway for 2022 models I'm sure.

There is a reason Mary B went to DC. I'm pretty sure GM has gone all in and cutting or freezing the requirement could leave GM holding the bag so to speak.

And here is a major tip, the Chinese market will eventually drive our market. The Chinese market is DOUBLE the US market. And if you guys watch the want ads for engineers, the Chinese have been over HERE developing EV technology for their home market. I have been told by a trusted studier of such things that the Chinese sent 10 or more companies over here with a Billion or so each of seed money to duke it out...…..with our engineers....to see who would win for the Chinese market. This person was actually offered a pretty well paying job with one of them, which gladly he declined. Pollution is so bad over there they have to do something and EVs are their answer.

Keep in mind, Buick still builds the Lacrosse and the Verano in China. And they have a mini van too. Buick outsells Chevrolet 2 to 1 in China and has 1,000,000 sales per year.

But back to the Camaro.

GM does not comment on future products. Period.

They would not come out and say they are delaying or canceling a model 4 years in the future. They may come out in say it's a last model year, but they aren't going to come out and say the cancelled they the 2023 Camaro any more than they would announce a 2023 Colorado replacement.[

Colorado - Replacement..?
I just bought this ...last Week...

Name:  Colorado & Trailer.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  218.4 KB

Name:  Colorado & Trailer2.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  194.5 KB

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote