Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-10-2016, 10:23 AM   #8107
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I think you have at least 4 more years before you have to worry about that. And with some potential SCOTUS restructuring, maybe even longer.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:31 AM   #8108
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenring View Post
The XDM threaded barrel model is cool and Springer Precision makes a red dot mount that fits into the rear sight-dovetail.

If I would have gone that rout though I would have just got the competition model, the mount looked a little more solid with the recess in the slide after removing the adjustable sight, not to mention would probably sit a little lower.

As you mentioned, all the mods start adding up, but what the heck they are fun to work on and as you say solid shooting pistols.
Yeah I see your point if going strictly red dot. Might as well just get the xd(m) osp and change out to the threaded barrell. That has been my debate really. I like iron sights and never used a red dot on a handgun so not sure yet which way to lean. Could buy both and tell me wife one is for her and change the slides out like you did to test it. haha

Although the ultimate for me would be the competition xd(m) .45 5.25" with a threaded barrel. Although not as cheep to plink with as a 9mm. follow up shots a little more accurate due to less recoil.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:34 AM   #8109
drivingagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
I already have a Colt LE6920 AR but wondering if I should add another one before gun laws may kick in...
Must not be paying attention to the rest of this thread or what is going on now. Only law looking to change is with the suppressor bill trying to change from nfa to atf. Hopefully soon no trust or tax stamp.

Any one have a projection when this will come into effect?
Old 11-10-2016, 12:29 PM   #8110
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
http://www.fightthenoise.org/
Choose the "take action" link and scroll down. Self explanatory from there.

Go there and sign the petition. You can have form letters sent to your Reps/Senators asking them to support the HPA.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 12:34 PM   #8111
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post

Go there and sign the petition. You can have form letters sent to your Reps/Senators asking them to support the HPA.
That's a long row to hoe here in NY. Speaking of hos, Senator Chuck Schumer is the 2nd cousin of Amy Schumer. A-hole just got another 6 years. Nuff said.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 12:48 PM   #8112
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
California voters on Tuesday expanded some of the nation's toughest gun control measures.
Voters approved Proposition 63, banning large-capacity ammunition magazines, requiring background checks for ammunition sales and speeding the seizure of firearms from owners who are no longer allowed to own them.

Sucks to be in Komi.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:20 PM   #8113
drivingagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post

Already signed up got this email yesterday:

My fellow Americans,

Tuesday’s Republican election victory was a tremendous win for our Second Amendment rights and it also marked a significant increase in the potential for the Hearing Protection Act to become law and remove silencers from the NFA registry. SilencerCo has been and will continue to be a vocal supporter of the HPA and advocate for it to become a priority in the legislative agenda for 2017.

As a member of The Suppressed™, you’ve likely thought to yourself, “Why are silencers still an NFA item?” SilencerCo has not only wondered this ourselves, but along with partners such as the American Suppressor Association, we’ve taken steps to support the introduction of legislation to remove silencers from the list of NFA items.

On October 22, 2015 the Hearing Protection Act was introduced. This piece of legislation is aimed at removing silencers from the NFA and instead having their transfer go through a traditional ATF Form 4473 – the same way you would purchase a standard rifle or pistol.

What does this mean for you?

No $200 tax stamp
No excessive wait times
No NFA trusts
No fingerprint cards, passport photos, or Chief Law Enforcement Officer notification
A simple process, just like when you purchase most firearms through your dealer
Even though the House, Senate, and Presidency will be controlled by like-minded advocates for the Second Amendment, bills take time to become laws and citizens should not be taxed for trying to protect their hearing while exercising their Second Amendment rights. Between now and the passage of this bill, we encourage our customers to continue to support the industry and to take advantage of the following provision: The Hearing Protection Act also includes a provision for all people who purchase a silencer between the time the bill is introduced (October 22, 2015) until the day it passes – should you purchase a silencer during that time, you will receive a $200 tax credit to cover the cost of any new silencer tax stamps you pay for.

This bill was initially championed by Rep. Matt Salmon (R-AZ) as its primary sponsor and since then has had multiple co-sponsors. SilencerCo, Rep. Salmon, and all supporters of the bill realize that this is a long-term effort and will not be something that happens overnight. With the help of people like you – The Suppressed – we will gain momentum and educate both the general public and lawmakers as to the true nature of silencers.

If you haven’t already joined The Suppressed, click HERE to add your voice to the cause and write to your Congressmen and women and Senators to voice your support for the HPA as a legislative priority for 2017.

Sincerely,

Josh Waldron
CEO, SilencerCo

Copyright Đ 2016 SilencerCo. All Rights Reserved
UNSUBSCRIBE | VIEW THIS EMAIL IN YOUR
Old 11-10-2016, 01:33 PM   #8114
drivingagain

Obviously as was pointed out in the post above mine most of California probably will not be sponsoring this. haha

Maybe all the movie stars that threatened to move to Canada did though.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:37 PM   #8115
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroIOM12 View Post
Looking at getting a PRP trigger group for my XDs 9. How is the install??
The XDs trigger is more difficult to install than the XDM for sure. But it is worth it, watch their instructional videos a few times and then follow along, the dam grip safety spring is the only real difficult part, took me about 1.5 hrs, just kept fighting with that spring.

Also and this is big.......the spring opening on the end that the fame pin goes through is almost too small. Once you get to that point use a pointed object to open the end of the spring up so the pin slides through easily. If you fit it together outside the gun frame, you will see how tight it is. But if I can do it pretty much anyone can.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:42 PM   #8116
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
Could buy both and tell me wife one is for her and change the slides out like you did to test it. haha

Almost forgot to mention, I picked up an HK VP6 for my daughter the other day. I dont think she likes it too much, so I will probably be stuck with it and have to get her something else.............

Last edited by Tenring; 11-10-2016 at 06:55 PM.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:51 PM   #8117
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
I'm just hoping ammo prices come back down.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:33 AM   #8118
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
I'm just hoping ammo prices come back down.
For reals, I have been telling people for a while that Obama was the gun industries' greatest ally ever...nothing changed in terms of gun ownership (actually things got better as the AWB concluded) but they got to charge some people more than double what they used to pay for ammo.

Now there's no excuse to charge us $80 for a brick of .22LR. If the prices don't come down, I am calling BULLSHIT on all these guys talking about the end of days for gun enthusiasts.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 08:47 AM   #8119
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
Now there's no excuse to charge us $80 for a brick of .22LR. If the prices don't come down, I am calling BULLSHIT on all these guys talking about the end of days for gun enthusiasts.
Where the hell are you seeing $80 a brick? I just bought 4 bricks of Winchester for $25 apiece. Whomever is selling it that high is most definitely price gouging.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 09:32 AM   #8120
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
If that's $80/500, even Bass can do better.

Update.

A17

Mini-14

I just finished a major garage re-lighting and clean-up effort. That's about as clean and as clear as my workbench area can get, and brighter than it's ever been.

Norm

Tags
camaro gun