Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:04 PM   #58
race2win

Drives: 1LT 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian SS View Post
Looks like I'll miss you at match tour, I'm scheduled the whole weekend :/
Sorry to hear that Ian :(

If I have the time I will stop by on my way south to say hi...we should get some photos of both our cars in front of the dealership
SCCA D-Street #49/149
stranoparts.com
Bridgestone Tires
race2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:14 PM   #59
race2win

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertAvitia View Post
I'm not sure if you've said this in the thread but can you tell me what tire size your running on the c4 rims?? I really like the look of them!
On the TR Motorsports C4 18x8.5" wheels I am using a 275/35-18 Bridgestone RE-71R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit53
What would you say was the largest change you felt with the wheel and tire size?
The 18's definitely felt quicker out of the corners, and at the start. Otherwise once loaded grip felt very similar between both sizes (and backed up by data).

Keep in mind though that the 275-18s were brand new...as in not even ONE street mile. RE-71R's need at least one good scrub/heat cycle before performing at their best, so I expect this set to get quicker next event
SCCA D-Street #49/149
stranoparts.com
Bridgestone Tires
Old 02-18-2017, 08:06 AM   #60
Midnightmoon

Drives: 1987 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by race2win View Post
On the TR Motorsports C4 18x8.5" wheels I am using a 275/35-18 Bridgestone RE-71R.
Those are 30mm offset front and rear correct?
Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:13 AM   #61
race2win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
Those are 30mm offset front and rear correct?
Yep

These are in-expensive wheels and only weigh 21 lbs, however they would only be D-Street legal on LT Camaros without the RS package or Brake and Cooling Package.
SCCA D-Street #49/149
stranoparts.com
Bridgestone Tires
Old 02-20-2017, 08:48 AM   #62
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
Quote:

The 18's definitely felt quicker out of the corners, and at the start. Otherwise once loaded grip felt very similar between both sizes (and backed up by data).

Keep in mind though that the 275-18s were brand new...as in not even ONE street mile. RE-71R's need at least one good scrub/heat cycle before performing at their best, so I expect this set to get quicker next event

I always felt the re71 was fast right out of the box, then kinda leveled off for a bit. Good to know that, and having that data helps for sure.
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:21 PM   #63
race2win

Quote:
And quicker they were

Detailed update coming soon when I have more time, but the 2.0T Camaro took a commanding D-Street win Sunday in the San Francisco Region SCCA opener against 9-10 other cars consisting of BRZs, FR-S's, M3s, etc.
SCCA D-Street #49/149
stranoparts.com
Bridgestone Tires
Old 02-21-2017, 06:11 AM   #64
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:14 AM   #65
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:

Detailed update coming soon when I have more time, but the 2.0T Camaro took a commanding D-Street win Sunday in the San Francisco Region SCCA opener against 9-10 other cars consisting of BRZs, FR-S's, M3s, etc.
Nice!!
Old 02-22-2017, 09:38 PM   #66
race2win

As I mentioned earlier, I had a much more successful outing on Sunday with the 2.0T Here is a recap...

It was the San Francisco Region SCCA 2017 opener at the Marina Airpark (same location as the last event I attended). The difference was weather...as in cold, overcast, and showers. D-Street ran in the 3rd run group, rain had come during the 2nd group but stopped before we took runs. This meant drying conditions where each run would get faster.

Long-story-short, I ran a 40.994 which was a 1+ second D-Street win against some well driven BRZs, FR-S's and E36 M3s. The big difference from the last event was alignment...I made some "adjustments" in the garage to optimize the factory alignment settings, and the result was much better turn-in response. A more detailed post of what I did coming soon, in the meantime here is the video of my class winning run...

I also attached pics of the car loaded up mid-corner, considering it has stock shocks and sway bars it's an amazing lack of body roll!

I also got a chance to drive a friend's Cadillac ATS Premium Coupe 6-Speed that was on RE-71Rs as well. They might be the "same" chassis, but they both drove like different cars. I will be doing a more in-depth comparison between the 2 "Alpha" chassis cars later, but I can say the ATS is no slouch, and actually might prove to be quite competitive in D-Street!

Oh, and BTW...I took fun runs in the afternoon and pulled off a 40.1xx run I'm not quite sure how yet (need to go over the data still), but needless to say this chassis is amazing, and I'm excited for the season to come!
Attached Images

SCCA D-Street #49/149
stranoparts.com
Bridgestone Tires
Old 02-23-2017, 08:09 AM   #67
apexit53

you know my heart is set on a 1ss or 1le, i just want to own a V8 before people stop making them lol.. but seeing this do well already gets a guys thinking! Ill be watching at nats for sure! Keep it up! Going to spring nats at all?

I always go faster in fun runs thats why i stopped doing them! lol. Pressure is off you go faster it seems :P
Old 02-23-2017, 09:50 AM   #68
race2win

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit53 View Post
you know my heart is set on a 1ss or 1le, i just want to own a V8 before people stop making them lol.. but seeing this do well already gets a guys thinking! Ill be watching at nats for sure! Keep it up! Going to spring nats at all?

I always go faster in fun runs thats why i stopped doing them! lol. Pressure is off you go faster it seems :P
Which is why I didn't post the video of the fun run Actually, at this point in my career I rarely pick up tons of time in fun runs...I'm usually very consistent from run #2 on. In this case the course had a little more grip later in the day, and remember I'm still learning the car so some of the improvement can be attributed to my comfort level pushing it.

I will definitely be at Nationals, but Spring Nats is not in the cards this year unfortunately. Doing all 4 CA events, plus at least one Packwood event and Nats is about all the travel I can squeeze in
SCCA D-Street #49/149
stranoparts.com
Bridgestone Tires
Old 02-23-2017, 10:06 AM   #69
apexit53

Quote:
Which is why I didn't post the video of the fun run Actually, at this point in my career I rarely pick up tons of time in fun runs...I'm usually very consistent from run #2 on. In this case the course had a little more grip later in the day, and remember I'm still learning the car so some of the improvement can be attributed to my comfort level pushing it.

I will definitely be at Nationals, but Spring Nats is not in the cards this year unfortunately. Doing all 4 CA events, plus at least one Packwood event and Nats is about all the travel I can squeeze in
Good point, more time in the car more adjustments more time for sure.. or less time hah.

ahh I forget out there you get more tour events.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:35 PM   #70
conemark

Drives: Boost Coupe Stewie formerly '01 Z28
I'm coming to this thread a little bit on the late side, but am definitely interested in the developments of the DS ride.

Certainly hearing about the comparison to the ATS coupe will be interesting!
conemark is offline   Reply With Quote