Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-21-2021, 02:37 PM   #85
MR2Aaron

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS, 2012 Scion iQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSully View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by the last one about colors, though.
That was just my tongue-in-cheek way of saying that I had trouble choosing between "red hot" red and "shock" yellow. I've always wanted a red car, so I went with that, but that yellow was super cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Yeah, I think splitting the taillights and mounting half of them onto a (larger) trunk lid would've been an option.

BTW the driving mode is preserved for tour and sport, while track and snow/ice are reset to tour when you restart the car. Must be some safety thing with track mode, and I'm baffled as to why snow/ice isn't preserved or why they couldn't give us mode presets.
Does track mode automatically disable some portion of the traction control, maybe?

Maybe I've only ever tried leaving the car in track mode, but it still underscores the core of my complaint that I wish it would just stay how I left it all the time, regardless of what mode that is. My Scion iQ has a switch for the traction control, and that stays off until you turn it back on.

The Camaro's automatic rev matching has to be turned back on every time, too. I don't rely on it, but if I did, it would be super irritating to have to remember to turn it on every time. I actually might use it if I didn't have to remember to turn it on.
MR2Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 02:49 PM   #86
JKSully

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS, 20 Subaru Crosstrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMaro View Post
I ordered my Camaro and specifically went with a 2SS so I could get a choice of interior color. This was also my issue with the 1LE package, how they force the black interior and exterior parts. I would have loved to have had the mechanical upgrades without the black color forced on me.

Go into any dealer lot and the vast majority of pre-ordered lot cars are all black interior. I know this is the easy way out, less likely to notice dirt/grime, more likely to move a lot vehicle... but it is annoying to only see black (or dark grey) interiors. I am with you, find some way to add some interior color.
Whole heartedly agree on this, and not just for Camaros. I held out for the "grey leather" interior on my DD just so it wasn't all black (below). When ordering the Camaro, I went with the Adrenaline Red on the 2SS - not sure I'd be happy trying to keep the Ceramic White clean...

2022 | 2SS | M6 | NPP | Summit White | Carbon Flash Wheels | Black Lugs | Red Calipers | Adrenaline Red | Red Knee Pads | Nav |
- 1100 - 8/16/21
- 3000 - 9/21/21 - TPW 10/18/21
- 3400 - 10/1/21
- 3800 - 10/20/21 - built 10/19/21
- 5000 - 11/12/21
- 6000 - 11/13/21
JKSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 02:54 PM   #87
z28deuce

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroChriSS View Post
Not sure if it feels different in the A8/10, but in the M6 it feels like you're fighting something just a tiny bit when you go with the brake on. Yes, it disengages, but it also feels like unnecessary stress on the clutch from the extra resistance. Minor - if any - real wear for sure, but mentally it's unnerving.
I don't disagree, and that's one of the reasons I said it's hard to do, but it was designed to release that way so I find it hard to believe it's actually hurting anything. Especially compared to a few "launch-controlled" 3000 rpm starts...

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2021, 07:21 AM   #88
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28deuce View Post
I don't disagree, and that's one of the reasons I said it's hard to do, but it was designed to release that way so I find it hard to believe it's actually hurting anything. Especially compared to a few "launch-controlled" 3000 rpm starts...
I'd say the clutch is designed with enough margin to simply tolerate it for an acceptable (to GM) length of time, like it has to be designed for drivers who aren't quite as skilled at clutch use.

Norm
Old 09-22-2021, 12:42 PM   #89
IceGoaliePaul

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
I have been waiting for someone else to post this. It is down right scary when coming across this specific type of intersection/turn. You literally can’t see anything to your right. This isn’t a mirror adjustment thing for anyone that thinks it is. I am honestly shocked the car passed safety tests because of this specific turn. Only fix is to turn right instead of left or avoid those intersections. If I have to make that left turn, I will keep creeping forward (as long as no cars are coming from my left) until I can see to my right. Something I want to try next time I come across this type of turn is to stop a couple feet back instead of pulling all the way to the spot behind the white line. Im thinking from that angle we might be able to see to our right better.
There are a couple of roads like that near me with one that I drive daily. I've found I just hug the left of the lane and then turn quick right before I get to the threshold of the intersection so that I'm 30 degrees across my lane but perpendicular to the flow of traffic then I can see out the side window. I do agree not great for safety.
IceGoaliePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 03:27 AM   #90
IntimidatorZ

Drives: 14 Silvy 1500 Z71; 20 Camaro ZLE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
The only thing I hate is the electronic park brake. That damn thing is so ****ing annoying and slow. If I'm ever being chased by Jason through the woods, I'm definitely going to die waiting for the parking brake to release.
LMAO!!! ^This 1000%
IntimidatorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 11:09 AM   #91
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
I have been waiting for someone else to post this. It is down right scary when coming across this specific type of intersection/turn. You literally can’t see anything to your right. This isn’t a mirror adjustment thing for anyone that thinks it is. I am honestly shocked the car passed safety tests because of this specific turn. Only fix is to turn right instead of left or avoid those intersections. If I have to make that left turn, I will keep creeping forward (as long as no cars are coming from my left) until I can see to my right. Something I want to try next time I come across this type of turn is to stop a couple feet back instead of pulling all the way to the spot behind the white line. Im thinking from that angle we might be able to see to our right better.
Do you want exotic looks or this? I know what problem you are talking about, a downhill switchback is very hard to see, but exotic looks mean some compromises. I didn't hit any cones on Sunday AutoX with 8 passes, although I hit a couple on Saturday with 6 passes.
Attached Images

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 11:32 AM   #92
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
I posted about it in some of the visibility threads (not all the 145675 of them though), this is the only real visibility issue; although the view isn't completely blocked, the blind "swath" is sure larger than with other cars. The Challenger is almost the same, by the way, and many other coupes and sporty cars that have wider C pillars. It's a good looking coupe compromise not unique to the Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
The only thing I hate is the electronic park brake. That damn thing is so ****ing annoying and slow. If I'm ever being chased by Jason through the woods, I'm definitely going to die waiting for the parking brake to release.
...but you can always stick your piece out through the window and keep pumping lead into Jason while the parking brake releases. Good thing the window is so short, he'll hardly be able to hit you or drag you out through it

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 01:11 PM   #93
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Do you want exotic looks or this? I know what problem you are talking about, a downhill switchback is very hard to see, but exotic looks mean some compromises. I didn't hit any cones on Sunday AutoX with 8 passes, although I hit a couple on Saturday with 6 passes.
I think that’s a bit extreme of an example haha. But I wouldn’t mind at all if the roof went a little higher and did not start to slope down until a little later than it currently does. I saw a rendering of one with a slightly higher roof line and thought the car still looked great. I’ve owned other coupes and none of them had that blind spot (at least to the extent of the camaro). Personally I think the view out of the camaro is great except for when coming across that one specific type of turn. When I say the view outside of the camaro is great I am also implying that mirrors have to be adjusted correctly which I have no issue with as this was something I was taught to do whenever I hop into the drivers seat of any vehicle.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 02:04 PM   #94
KenMaro

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS manual
Quote:
I think that’s a bit extreme of an example haha. But I wouldn’t mind at all if the roof went a little higher and did not start to slope down until a little later than it currently does. I saw a rendering of one with a slightly higher roof line and thought the car still looked great. I’ve owned other coupes and none of them had that blind spot (at least to the extent of the camaro). Personally I think the view out of the camaro is great except for when coming across that one specific type of turn. When I say the view outside of the camaro is great I am also implying that mirrors have to be adjusted correctly which I have no issue with as this was something I was taught to do whenever I hop into the drivers seat of any vehicle.
I'm with you on that. The thread starts with "What do you dislike about the 6th Gen?" I love my Camaro, but I dislike that one blind spot. I've already stated my work arounds for it (I just won't go that way with the Camaro anymore, plenty of other ways to get from point A to point B).
KenMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 02:38 PM   #95
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMaro View Post
I'm with you on that. The thread starts with "What do you dislike about the 6th Gen?" I love my Camaro, but I dislike that one blind spot. I've already stated my work arounds for it (I just won't go that way with the Camaro anymore, plenty of other ways to get from point A to point B).
Yeah I’ve been avoiding them too since you literally can’t see a thing in those situations. That being said someone in this thread posted a way to see when approaching this type of turn. Just letting you know in case you missed his solution. I’m looking forward to trying it actually haha.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 08:00 AM   #96
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
While I love my 2018 ZL1 and have no plans of EVER parting with her, there are 3 things that disappointed me...

No. 1: the only interior color choice was black with red piping... Really? At this price point, why could they not offer tan or something.

No. 2: I hate the electronic parking brake. My 2013 2SS 1LE had an old school lever for the emergency brake... I miss that.

No. 3: The trunk opening. While the trunk has good space in it, the opening is so small, it is hard to get my golf bag in there. I did NOT have this issue with my 2013.

However, NONE of this small complaints would have stopped me from purchasing this gem.
Old 09-25-2021, 05:21 PM   #97
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
My only dislike, even with NPP, it’s not loud enough! Other than that this is bad ass car all the way around, this is my 4th Camaro, I’ve owned a 4th Gen, 2 5th Gen, and this my 6th Gen. Which is by far better than all the other previous Gens, minus loudness! GM
Old 09-25-2021, 05:34 PM   #98
10mm
Account Suspended

Drives: My wife nuts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntimidatorZ View Post
LMAO!!! ^This 1000%
From a tactical standpoint this could be a problem
Antifa, blm, pink p*ssy hats, etc anything can happen
10mm is offline   Reply With Quote