Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-20-2021, 11:16 AM   #1
CamarosRCool

Drives: Chevy LTE 2.0 Turbo
Hearing an odd clunk and gears are a little sticky

Wondering if anyone has experienced some funky issues with the 2017 manual 2.0 Turbo Camaro. Im currently only at 48k miles and hearing some odd clunk when I let go of the gas and press the gas. It also seems to get sticky when moving my gears around now, doesn't want to get into 2nd or 3rd. The clutch seems to be fine, there's no noise when pressing it or releasing. Its once it engages that the noise can become apparent sometimes.
CamarosRCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 01:19 PM   #2
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Get under the car and look for slack on the drive train. When I bought my new LT1, I test drove 2 of them, the one I purchased was flawless, the one I didn't buy made all kinds of clunks and differential groans. Transmission and clutch were fine though. I have heard of loose drive train hardware from the factory as well as bolts loosening over time from vibration. Did you ever change your differential fluid?
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 06:05 PM   #3
CamarosRCool

Drives: Chevy LTE 2.0 Turbo
I ended up changing the differential fluids and truly did feel a bit better. Noise appeared to go away for a bit - however right back just not as loud. Going to get under it and check the drivetrain out. I came to a conclusion it is not anything to do with the clutch per say, given when engaging or disengaging it does not make any noise. Rather when giving it gas while in gear or releasing the gas while in gear
CamarosRCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 06:37 PM   #4
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
I have seen several post where the driveshaft pivot bearing has gone out. Might check that out.
dpevans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 08:03 AM   #5
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
The powertrain limited warranty applies to the certain engine, transmission, and other covered parts. Chevrolet’s powertrain warranty covers certain mechanical parts or systems on your new vehicle. The new powertrain limited warranty covers any Chevrolet vehicle built on or after the 2016 model year. It spans 5 years or 60,000 miles, again, whichever comes first. The powertrain limited warranty is the best part of buying a new vehicle because it covers so much of the important stuff. The systems covered are the engine, transmission or transaxle, transfer case, and drive systems.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 09:20 AM   #6
Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
Could be a broken engine or transmission mount
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 09:43 AM   #7
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamarosRCool View Post
I ended up changing the differential fluids and truly did feel a bit better. Noise appeared to go away for a bit - however right back just not as loud. Going to get under it and check the drivetrain out. I came to a conclusion it is not anything to do with the clutch per say, given when engaging or disengaging it does not make any noise. Rather when giving it gas while in gear or releasing the gas while in gear
This is the same exact experience I had with the new LT1 that I did not purchase at the dealer. I assumed excess slack/play in the drivetrain most likely due to something loose.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clunk, clutch, manual, upshift