#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 02-12-2016, 08:31 AM   #15
Cuda7050

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Oh, I'm well aware. I was making a statement...as I do autocross and drag race, so it may help there too. I did the same with my C5 Z06...for 10 years.

Its as if you even mention drag racing in the 1LE forum your gonna get your hand slapped. Some of us want a do it all car that is good at HPDE's, autocross and decent at the drag strip.
Buttonwillow 2:23.736
Sacramento Raceway 12.89 at 112 mph
Thunderhill 2:22.242
Cuda7050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:36 AM   #16
chetly

Drives: 2004 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian 1LE SS View Post
I wonder how well it will hold up under the strain of some sticky Hoosiers.
Who the hell still drives on Hoosiers?! Time to step over to the dark side and come play in the CAM classes Brian.
chetly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:48 AM   #17
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda7050 View Post
Its as if you even mention drag racing in the 1LE forum your gonna get your hand slapped. Some of us want a do it all car that is good at HPDE's, autocross and decent at the drag strip.
Haha, yup...I am a drag racer at heart. Since I was 17...now almost 40. But over the past few years I have been getting into autocross as well. I find both fun, just in different ways. I plan on doing both with this car as well.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:52 AM   #18
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Yeah, the e-diff on BMW's is crap. From the info above, it sounds like this is a true LSD that is electronically controlled. The "e-diff" on BMW's non-M cars is basically an open diff and the car can apply one rear brake to keep it from slipping. It's total garbage. I like how the GM one sounds though!!
This was my understanding too, but I've heard that the mini cooper works comes with the BMW e-diff aka front brakes NOT an LSD of the mini cooper S.

Same deal with the Focus ST. There are overheating issues with brake based e-diffs. I race a Type R and a 2015 supercharged SI, both with true Torsen diffs.

My family owns several farms and the GM e-diff in trucks is very very weak. A Eaton unit AFAIK.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:35 AM   #19
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffInDFW View Post
I have driven a new Z51 Corvette with the new Electronic Limited Slip Diff (eLSD) on track, and it is game changing technology IMO.

To explain it in very simplified term, it is usually best to exaggerate both extremes. If you have a completely OPEN differential, the car is easy to rotate (or turn) in a corner. If you have a LOCKED rear differential, it is easy to put down power because both rear tires are spinning at the exact same speed, but the car will only go straight. The eLSD that GM developed in house uses ALL of the information brought in by the stability control system, the AMAZING Performance Traction Management system (best in the business IMO), yaw sensors, throttle sensor, tire temperature, etc etc etc, then uses an electronically controlled clutch inside the rear diff which can switch between FULL OPEN and FULLY LOCKED (and everything in between) in fractions of a second. So, the car is able to infinitely vary the amount of "rotate" the rear end has at every single moment of the corner. That is MY understanding of how it works. What I can tell you first hand is, it does work. It almost feels like there is a hand of God back there tidying up my racing line. When I am expecting the car to understeer or oversteer, it somehow does not happen. I think this is why GM was able to put such a narrow tire on the C7 Z51, add 250 pounds of weight and remove 45 horsepower and have it lap very close to the C6 Z06.

AND GM HAS PUT THIS PIECE OF MAGIC IN THE NEW 1LE. You guys who take your car onto a track/autocross will love it.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:42 AM   #20
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
This car is going to be EPIC!!! I can't wait to get my hands on one and hit Road Atlanta, Sebring, Daytona, VIR, and The Glen!!!!
Old 02-12-2016, 10:51 AM   #21
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Yeah, the e-diff on BMW's is crap. From the info above, it sounds like this is a true LSD that is electronically controlled. The "e-diff" on BMW's non-M cars is basically an open diff and the car can apply one rear brake to keep it from slipping. It's total garbage. I like how the GM one sounds though!!
Corvette's chief engineer said something along the lines of "A lot of other manufacturer's electronic differentials include using the brakes. But the whole point of this is to make the car faster, so why would we use the brakes and slow it down?"

I loved that.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:54 AM   #22
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Corvette's chief engineer said something along the lines of "A lot of other manufacturer's electronic differentials include using the brakes. But the whole point of this is to make the car faster, so why would we use the brakes and slow it down?"

I loved that.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:19 AM   #23
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker128 View Post
Tire temperature? Are you sure mate? Is there an actual heat sensor in your wheels or is it a best guess from outside temp+other factors?
I can't speak for the 1LE 6th Gens, but the C7 Corvettes do have a DIC screen for tire temperature. I assume they have a sensor that is either integrated in TPMS or an additional one in each wheel.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:07 PM   #24
JeffInDFW
Camaro owner for 29 years

Drives: 96 Viper GTS/09 Sky Redline/95 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker128 View Post
Tire temperature? Are you sure mate? Is there an actual heat sensor in your wheels or is it a best guess from outside temp+other factors?
Here you go my friend----

http://driving.ca/chevrolet/corvette...t-corvette-z06

"How sophisticated is the Corvette’s Performance Traction Management system? Well it even, in a first says GM, accounts for tire temperature. Every seasoned track addict knows that, for maximum traction, tires have to be warmed up. Typically, this requires judicious throttle management and restrained driving from the often keyed up driver; more than a few have unceremoniously crashed on their “out” lap. Not with the 2015 Z06, you won’t. When the ‘Vette senses that its tires are below 45 degrees Fahrenheit, it assumes only 70% of maximum traction is available and adjusts the ABS and electronic rear locking differential to prevent tire lockup/spin. Between 45 and 115 degrees, it assumes 90% of peak grip is available and goes into standard ABS and eLSD modes. Only once the tires reach 115 degrees does PTM assume maximum traction is available, allowing progressive eLSD locking on corner exits and lenient ABS operation on corner entry. "

"Chevy uses the tire temperature data available through the 2014 C7 Corvette Tire Pressure Sensors to more carefully control its ABS and electronic differential. Because the 2014 C7 Corvette Tire Pressure Sensors don't measure tire temperature directly (they actually measure the temperature of the TPMS sensor's microprocessor), it's not a perfect science, but it is one that data modeling can largely overcome. And it's one more piece of information that can be utilized to enhance the driving experience.

Tire temps are split into three categories: cold (below 45 degrees), warm (45-115 degrees) and hot (above 115 degrees). In "cold" mode ABS intervenes sooner and more progressively, while the differential is more aggressive to limit inside wheelspin. As temps increase, ABS control intervenes later and becomes more lenient, while differential locking ramps up more slowly.

These 2014 C7 Corvette Tire Pressure Sensors with built-in valve stem, delivers real time tire pressure information to the driver. When a tire is losing pressure, the 2014 C7 Corvette Tire Pressure Sensors provide an early warning, buying time to find a suitable place to stop. "
JeffInDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:22 PM   #25
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Nice. So will the 1LE have this capability?
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:46 PM   #26
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Nice. So will the 1LE have this capability?
I don't think so. The car doesn't use Performance Traction Management, which is the software magic behind that dynamic ability. ...perhaps the Z models?
Old 02-13-2016, 08:10 AM   #27
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Question, and I apologize if this is in one of the many 1LE posts (haven't had time to go through them all), but does the 6th gen have the DIC screen to show you how the torque vectoring is applied? The C7 has a screen that shows % between the two wheels, but it would be nice if it had imaginary lines for predicted angle. I think that would help refine your turn in points.
Yes, but it was hidden and someone went snooping through the code. This was found last month along with a couple other things. This was a big hint that there was going to be *a* model with the eLSD in the near future.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 08:39 AM   #28
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I don't know why it wouldn't be there, that is a big reason for even having the eLSD. Maybe it will be for the Zs and we haven't seen anything about it yet. GM likely would be bragging about it not hiding it.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote