Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 09-13-2018, 10:07 PM   #1
SkipNWis

Drives: 2016/SS Has had 4 Gen 5's
Cracked windshield GRR Rock hit :(

Anybody had to replace their windshield yet? I have HUD I think that calls for a different kind of glass? Rock hit right at the top of the windshield and then put a nick in my roof :( Of course it's really small but my eye goes right to it as I walk up to the car :(((((( GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

SnoWhite
SkipNWis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:15 PM   #2
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Yea mines been replaced after a rock hit it and caused a crack. Just make sure you tell whoevers replacing it that it has a HUD so they can get the right windshield.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:49 PM   #3
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipNWis View Post
Anybody had to replace their windshield yet? I have HUD I think that calls for a different kind of glass? Rock hit right at the top of the windshield and then put a nick in my roof :( Of course it's really small but my eye goes right to it as I walk up to the car :(((((( GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Safelite employee here, if the crack is under 6 inches and is out of the frit band (outer black border) you can get it repaired without replacing the glass. If not, then you ordering off Safelite.com should ask if you have HUD or not for your vehicle
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:03 PM   #4
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Yep had mine cracked by a gravel truck last year. I had Safelite come out to my job and do it on site. It ended up costing me a little over $500 to replace it cause mine too has the HUD.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:28 PM   #5
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
I've had both my v6 and v8 window crack in virtually the same exact spot in the middle of the windshield, like almost smack dab in the middle top to bottom left to right. So strange that it happened exact spot on both. didn't replace either though just so it'll happen again.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:40 PM   #6
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
yup gonna be mucho $$$