Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-11-2018, 08:59 PM   #1
musaic_design

Drives: 2017 Chevy Callaway Camaro ZL1
Best Audio System in a Callaway Camaro ZL1???? *Build Log Inside*

This job was a massive undertaking. A complete Musaic Audiophile Conversion combined with our custom Radar and Laser Integration. We engineered our equipment to blend into the factory DNA of the vehicles OEM design.

Starting with the audio, we completely gutted the interior and sound dampin the car with Soundskins Pro. This ensures that we will have a much quieter environment to enjoy the subtle nuances of our audio system. The front stage consists of a Focal Utopia No.7 3 way speaker set run fully active. We used a simple set of Focal Integration speakers to replace the rear speakers. The OEM interior plastic panels were also treated with Soundskins Pro to eliminate any potential panel rattle. The inner doors were treated with Blackhole Tile to greatly reduce the back wave reflection from the door speakers. Hand fabricated PVC speaker adapters were made to mount our Focal drivers right to the existing bolt holes of the OEM door skin.
A Nav-TV M650-GM interface was used to take the OEM audio signal, ensuring we have a clean, unclipped, full range signal directly to our Mosconi 8to12 Aerospace DSP. An AMAS2 was added to connect our HI-Res Fiio DAP to a separate preset giving us a clean digital source directly into our processor. That signal then fed into three Mosconi ZERO amplifiers. A Mosconi ZERO1 powered two Focal Utopia 21wx Subwoofers and two Mosconi Zero4's were used to run our front 3 way Focal Utopia and rear coax fully active. The mid and tweeter of the Focal Utopia No.7 Kit was housed in a hand fabricated custom A-Pillar which was wrapped with an exact match OEM vinyl.
A new Stinger AGM battery was used to replace the OEM battery and a AGM trickle charger was permanently installed next to it. A flush mount marine 120v plug was mounted under the car for an easy, hassle free, charging solution. A Stinger 10 Farad Cap was added to dampin the high voltage spikes of the factory alternator.
The subwoofers were housed in a baltic birch subwoofer enclosure with an acrylic window, which gives you sight to view the beautiful magnets. The rear of the enclosure can be viewed if you pull down the rear seat.
The amp rack was completely fabricated using multiple layers of acrylic and PVC. We made mostly everything by creating organic shapes using multiple router techniques and heat to bend and manipulate the materials. The materials used in the trunk were to bring focus onto what was used in the interior. Black Alcantara suede, brushed aluminum, matte black, matching black vinyl, and red and white accent lighting were used to layer the trunk. All panels are securely mounted used 1/4-20 Stainless hardware. Everything can be removed and put into the very same position as if the panels were OEM.

For the Radar and Laser we used a K40 Electronics RL360i Expert utilizing a front and rear radar sensor and 4 separate laser diffusers. The front laser diffusers were fabricated to ghost into the front bumper openings. Molex plugs were used to terminate each harness going to the front and rear bumper for OEM like servicing. A static touch maser power kill switch was mounted behind the suede panel to the right of the factory radio over the Callaway emblem. Hit this once with your finger and you can easily kill power to the entire radar and laser system.

musaic_design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:00 PM   #2
musaic_design

Old 03-11-2018, 09:00 PM   #3
musaic_design

Old 03-11-2018, 09:19 PM   #4
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Nice system, nice install. What...about $20k?
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:29 PM   #5
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
That's amazing. Super clean setup
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:40 PM   #6
soceur77

Drives: 17 NFG ZL1 17 GTR 22 RS6
being someone that can really appreciate something like this and at the same time get offended by nice system?! nice install?! I'm completely speechless on both accounts.....lol Probably the cleanest and well thought out system I've seen in a Camaro....ever! I cant even think about the cost for something like this, but my curiosity wont let it be. PM for something like this minus the laser features (I like it, but damn sure don't need it...lol)
soceur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:29 AM   #7
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by soceur77 View Post
being someone that can really appreciate something like this and at the same time get offended by nice system?! nice install?! I'm completely speechless on both accounts.....lol Probably the cleanest and well thought out system I've seen in a Camaro....ever! I cant even think about the cost for something like this, but my curiosity wont let it be. PM for something like this minus the laser features (I like it, but damn sure don't need it...lol)
Agree on multiple accounts.

1st, every aspect of sound deadening was used correctly. CLD, CCF, MLV.
It may have added 200-300 lbs to the weight of the car, but this is the right way to do it. The drivers (Focal) and amplifiers are top of the line. The attention to detail in every aspect of the build is amazing. For a custome, The is easily a $20k+ job.

Most guys on this forum are more about performance than audio, but hopefully they can appreciate what a nice job you did here! Perfect
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:32 AM   #8
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
I saw the YouTube video for this a few weeks ago. Let's just say I didn't want to think how much it cost.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:44 AM   #9
soceur77

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
I saw the YouTube video for this a few weeks ago. Let's just say I didn't want to think how much it cost.
u got a link?
Old 03-12-2018, 02:30 AM   #10
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
u got a link?
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:58 AM   #11
JB'sZL1

Quote:
being someone that can really appreciate something like this and at the same time get offended by nice system?! nice install?! I'm completely speechless on both accounts.....lol
Offended? Offended on something you have not done, pics that are not yours, and a post that is not yours?

Here's an idea: you post all my thoughts from now on...in your words. You seem to have a lot of them. I was simply short and concise.

BTW: here is the other post I submitted in the other thread by the op: "Wow. Just Wow. Looks like you lined everything but the roof."

Speechless? Hardly.

Last edited by JB'sZL1; 03-12-2018 at 05:09 AM.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:56 AM   #12
soceur77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
Offended? Offended on something you have not done, pics that are not yours, and a post that is not yours?

Here's an idea: you post all my thoughts from now on...in your words. You seem to have a lot of them. I was simply short and concise.

BTW: here is the other post I submitted in the other thread by the op: "Wow. Just Wow. Looks like you lined everything but the roof."

Speechless? Hardly.
Here we go!!! Maybe I should have added some sissy lol behind it so you wouldnt wake up with your panties in a bunch. I thought I was simply overstating in my own way that "nice pics" "nice instal"l didnt do those pics justice. It WAS NOT an attack on you..... How and why would I know you commented else where? Why do you need to prove other wise? Why does it matter if the pics are mine? Why does it matter if Ive done this build? You say a bunch of pointless things here.....not even entertaining posting your thoughts Take a drive in your beautiful car, and come to the realization that it really wasn't that bad of a comment....lol
Old 03-12-2018, 07:25 AM   #13
JB'sZL1

Yes, here we go. If you weren't "entertaining"...why did you quote me?

Your ad hominems say it all.

As the consummate audiophile (as you are someone that can appreciate), how have you upgraded your audio system? Have you even replaced a speaker, amp, soundproofing? I have done all.

I'm just sayin', perhaps you could use your words and quotes more carefully. Know that I am not remotely offended by whatever you have to say here. I'm just here to learn and post my thoughts.

Final thought: You ever say what you just posted about me to someone's face...in person? Or is it just on the internet the bravado comes out?
Old 03-12-2018, 11:38 AM   #14
soceur77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
Yes, here we go. If you weren't "entertaining"...why did you quote me?

Your ad hominems say it all.

As the consummate audiophile (as you are someone that can appreciate), how have you upgraded your audio system? Have you even replaced a speaker, amp, soundproofing? I have done all.

I'm just sayin', perhaps you could use your words and quotes more carefully. Know that I am not remotely offended by whatever you have to say here. I'm just here to learn and post my thoughts.

Final thought: You ever say what you just posted about me to someone's face...in person? Or is it just on the internet the bravado comes out?
Your final thought made me chuckle...if only you knew bro....if you need to go through my post and see if Im that type go right ahead, but I find it funny you took it there......

Tags
audio, matt schaeffer, musaic, system, upgrade