Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-01-2022, 01:52 PM   #1
6.4nomore

Drives: 2022 2SS Shock and Steel
Question Stock 2SS tires and track day

Hey everyone! I'm coming from a '19 Scat Pack, and setup and handling is MASSIVELY different. Because of that, I don't know what to put on for tires or wheels. I'm planning to do way more autocross and more track days (maybe 2 or so a year) with a splash of drag here and there. But with the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 RUNONFLAT Summer Only tires, do they handle well in those situations? Or should I start looking for new tires, and if so, what are some good recommendations for the stock wheel?
6.4nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 06:59 PM   #2
andy3213

Drives: 2019 1SS
I actually did 8 track days on the Asymmetric tires, including some time trials. I'm a total novice but I think they did fine. They warmed up quick and got super sticky, also very predictable with no particular over/understeer. I ended up buying a set of 1LE take-offs just to get the wider sizes. If you're doing just a couple track days per year, go ahead and give them a try.
andy3213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 07:07 AM   #3
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.4nomore View Post
Hey everyone! I'm coming from a '19 Scat Pack, and setup and handling is MASSIVELY different. Because of that, I don't know what to put on for tires or wheels. I'm planning to do way more autocross and more track days (maybe 2 or so a year) with a splash of drag here and there. But with the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 RUNONFLAT Summer Only tires, do they handle well in those situations? Or should I start looking for new tires, and if so, what are some good recommendations for the stock wheel?
You might as well use up the stock tires, they're supposed to be great for track usage, not as much for street. I went with Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 as my summer street tire.