Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-21-2020, 08:34 AM   #1
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Pocono track day yesterday! VIDEO ADDED

What a blast! Finally got to see what this car can do and it certainly did not disappoint. The car is amazingly balanced, brakes and tires outstanding. Just tons of fun.

Here's a few pics. Someone blew up on track and dropped a ton of oil down the backstretch between Tri-oval T2 and T1 so we had to sit on pitroad for about 20 minutes so I decided to take a few pics. This was the Ferrari that I chased in the final session, holy crap that thing could go!He would pull me by a few cars on each straight and then if I really nailed the infield I'd be closed back up on him by the straights again. But I think that's an 812 Superfast? 788HP, crazy

I also had my first experience with speedy dry all over the backstretch at 120mph It was coming out of my brake calipers after I got back after the session.

Met some good people, saw some amazing cars, had tons of fun. A fantastic day in all

3rd session video : https://youtu.be/D0VqrUQARqI
Attached Images

Last edited by Kmeleon; 08-24-2020 at 07:46 PM.
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 08:12 PM   #2
andy3213

Drives: 2019 1SS
There was a Ferrari just like that (probably same car) at NJMP last week. I'm signed up for Pocono on 9/14. Looking forward to it.
andy3213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 07:00 AM   #3
Kmeleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy3213 View Post
There was a Ferrari just like that (probably same car) at NJMP last week. I'm signed up for Pocono on 9/14. Looking forward to it.
He's going to be at NJMP next week he was saying,myself as well. I'll be at Pocono 9/14 too!
Old 08-23-2020, 08:50 PM   #4
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmeleon View Post
What a blast! Finally got to see what this car can do and it certainly did not disappoint. The car is amazingly balanced, brakes and tires outstanding. Just tons of fun.

Here's a few pics. Someone blew up on track and dropped a ton of oil down the backstretch between Tri-oval T2 and T1 so we had to sit on pitroad for about 20 minutes so I decided to take a few pics. This was the Ferrari that I chased in the final session, holy crap that thing could go!He would pull me by a few cars on each straight and then if I really nailed the infield I'd be closed back up on him by the straights again. But I think that's an 812 Superfast? 788HP, crazy

I also had my first experience with speedy dry all over the backstretch at 120mph It was coming out of my brake calipers after I got back after the session.

Met some good people, saw some amazing cars, had tons of fun. A fantastic day in all

I've got some good Go Pro in car footage as well, I have to figure that all out yet but I'll post them up on youtube with the Track addict overlays once complete.
Conditions were awesome! I was the guy in the white 1LE, ran novice as well. Was surprised I didn't run across you in any of the sessions. I'll be there on the 14th, will attempt to go Intermediate this time.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:54 PM   #5
Kmeleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
Conditions were awesome! I was the guy in the white 1LE, ran novice as well. Was surprised I didn't run across you in any of the sessions. I'll be there on the 14th, will attempt to go Intermediate this time.

Yes, I gave you a nod one time but we never crossed paths on or off track. We'll have to change that next month! You mention intermediate.... How long do they make you wait before moving up groups?
Old 08-24-2020, 10:54 AM   #6
metros11

Quote:
Yes, I gave you a nod one time but we never crossed paths on or off track. We'll have to change that next month! You mention intermediate.... How long do they make you wait before moving up groups?
I believe that choice is really up to you, depending on your comfort level and experience. I ran novice both last year and now this past week, and I have Lemons/ChampCar/AER experience. I think Intermediate will likely have less traffic than Novice and more options to pass as well. Plus, there were several folks with no experience who ran Advanced and Intermediate this past week, simply because Novice was booked and it was the only option. See you on the 14th, let's chat then.
Old 08-24-2020, 01:53 PM   #7
Kmeleon

Quote:
I believe that choice is really up to you, depending on your comfort level and experience. I ran novice both last year and now this past week, and I have Lemons/ChampCar/AER experience. I think Intermediate will likely have less traffic than Novice and more options to pass as well. Plus, there were several folks with no experience who ran Advanced and Intermediate this past week, simply because Novice was booked and it was the only option. See you on the 14th, let's chat then.
Thanks for the info. I emailed TNIA last night and got this response.

We ask drivers to self-identify for their level but there is a cheat sheet here: https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/pages/ways-to-play

Also, since tracks vary a lot - some drivers will step into Novice for a new track - even if they are comfortable Intermediates at their home track.

Thanks for much for your nice comments - I will pass them to the staff.

That's the facts,
- Jack

So I will stick with Novice this weekend at NJMP and then see if I can switch to Intermediate for Pocono on 9/14 because I'm pretty comfortable on track there now.

I'll have my first video ready and up on youtube tonight I believe. I've been playing with RaceRender for a few days now and have my telemetry gauges, etc pretty well figured out. We'll see what you guys think. I'll post a link later.

Yes let's chat, I'll be there as long as there's no threat of rain.

Mark
Old 08-24-2020, 07:44 PM   #8
Kmeleon

Now with video https://youtu.be/D0VqrUQARqI
Old 08-24-2020, 09:09 PM   #9
metros11

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I emailed TNIA last night and got this response.

We ask drivers to self-identify for their level but there is a cheat sheet here: https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/pages/ways-to-play

Also, since tracks vary a lot - some drivers will step into Novice for a new track - even if they are comfortable Intermediates at their home track.

Thanks for much for your nice comments - I will pass them to the staff.

That's the facts,
- Jack

So I will stick with Novice this weekend at NJMP and then see if I can switch to Intermediate for Pocono on 9/14 because I'm pretty comfortable on track there now.

I'll have my first video ready and up on youtube tonight I believe. I've been playing with RaceRender for a few days now and have my telemetry gauges, etc pretty well figured out. We'll see what you guys think. I'll post a link later.

Yes let's chat, I'll be there as long as there's no threat of rain.

Mark
I registered today, only Advanced available. Not sure how much difference between Advanced and Intermediate, but I guess I'm running advanced. Will have to post my videos later, even the one of my spin as well
Old 08-24-2020, 09:35 PM   #10
Kmeleon

Quote:
I registered today, only Advanced available. Not sure how much difference between Advanced and Intermediate, but I guess I'm running advanced. Will have to post my videos later, even the one of my spin as well
Oh shit.... You spun? I didn't know that! Where?
Old 08-25-2020, 08:07 AM   #11
andy3213

Drives: 2019 1SS
Quote:
What I learned a few weeks ago at NJMP is that advanced allows point-bys anywhere on the track, not just the passing zones. So watch your mirrors.
andy3213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 10:04 AM   #12
Kmeleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy3213 View Post
What I learned a few weeks ago at NJMP is that advanced allows point-bys anywhere on the track, not just the passing zones. So watch your mirrors.
I was reading that as well.

I just got moved into intermediate for Pocono 9/14! That'll be a good fit for me for awhile. I definitely want a lot more time before allowing people to pass in turns.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:12 PM   #13
metros11

Quote:
Oh shit.... You spun? I didn't know that! Where?
Yeah, too much throttle through the apex.
https://youtu.be/WN_rzesmtNM
Old 08-27-2020, 10:14 PM   #14
metros11

Quote:
I was reading that as well.

I just got moved into intermediate for Pocono 9/14! That'll be a good fit for me for awhile. I definitely want a lot more time before allowing people to pass in turns.
How.did you do that? Did you call them?