Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-30-2017, 04:12 PM   #15
lgx6113

Drives: 2016 Camaro LGX
Any update? My car just started hard shifting today, and also at speed the rpms will jump up about 500 for a second or two
lgx6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:39 AM   #16
Ontech

Drives: 6th Gen Camaro LT Automatic
It is still shifting pretty harsh. My dealer fixed the clunking noise (THE DRIVETRAIN WAS LOOSE WHAT THE F**K IS WRONG WITH THESE CARS??)
Ontech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:02 PM   #17
cwoodard91

Drives: 2016 2SS
So I have already witnessed the "shuddering problem while cruising" from the transmission so I took to the car to the dealer and they replaced the transmission fluid which seemed to fixed the shuddering issue. But now I have a problem where, if I have the car in sport or track mode and I'm cruising around 60mph then floor it, the car will downshift fast as normal but when it upshifts it will shift really hard then pause for a second or 2 and the traction control light will flash. Now I know the car is not spinning the tires because I'm going about 60mph on a bone dry freeway and I can easily replicate this issues. Wondering if its the trans or the diff slipping.

Any ideas?
cwoodard91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 05:33 PM   #18
SixgenSix

Drives: 2020 SHOCK SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontech View Post
It is still shifting pretty harsh. My dealer fixed the clunking noise (THE DRIVETRAIN WAS LOOSE WHAT THE F**K IS WRONG WITH THESE CARS??)

I have the issue of the clunk/pop sound when coming to a stop. Did they specify exactly what part of the drive train was/came loose? I have an appointment with my dealer.
SixgenSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 01:45 PM   #19
awrj2000

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoodard91 View Post
So I have already witnessed the "shuddering problem while cruising" from the transmission so I took to the car to the dealer and they replaced the transmission fluid which seemed to fixed the shuddering issue. But now I have a problem where, if I have the car in sport or track mode and I'm cruising around 60mph then floor it, the car will downshift fast as normal but when it upshifts it will shift really hard then pause for a second or 2 and the traction control light will flash. Now I know the car is not spinning the tires because I'm going about 60mph on a bone dry freeway and I can easily replicate this issues. Wondering if its the trans or the diff slipping.

Any ideas?

I have the SS and seen this issue in tour mode only.

Bottom line is you account for driveline play from motor to wheels and it's just enough to setoff traction control.

Traction control is all 4 wheel sensors and a transmission sensor. So the shift is allowing the transmission sensor to trigger this.

I haven't found or heard of any traction control tuning for end users yet.

Best bet is when moving press traction control button and shut off wheel spin monitor.
awrj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote