Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-03-2021, 10:19 PM   #1
taghaboom23

Drives: 2021 LT1
Question Fuse Pull on Non-NPP Camaro Possible?

I have a 2021 LT1 Camaro with the stock single tip exhausts (non-NPP exhaust). I am thinking about installing a Borla Axleback setup eventually down the line, but because money is a bit tight, I wanted to find a way to make the car sound better.

Everyone claims this is somewhat achievable by pulling the #51 fuse in their SS models with the NPP exhaust. My curiosity led me to the fusebox under the hood of my car. I noticed that there was a fuse in the #51 spot and using the manual I identified it as "Exhaust Valve PTSQ". Will pulling this fuse have any effect on the sound of my car considering it does not have the NPP option.

Genuinely curious, as I have not seen anyone make a post about it anywhere. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
taghaboom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:48 PM   #2
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Without npp, no difference.
Old 06-03-2021, 11:12 PM   #3
Kyrac0103
Kyrac

Drives: 2018 2SS A8
Just like Jaxcam02 said, no difference without the NPP... I did the fuse pull almost immediately after I bought car cause it wasn't loud enough, still wasn't loud enough so I straight piped mine back with a MBRP system and now it's loud and proud!!!
Kyrac0103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 11:15 PM   #4
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by taghaboom23 View Post
I have a 2021 LT1 Camaro with the stock single tip exhausts (non-NPP exhaust). I am thinking about installing a Borla Axleback setup eventually down the line, but because money is a bit tight, I wanted to find a way to make the car sound better.

Everyone claims this is somewhat achievable by pulling the #51 fuse in their SS models with the NPP exhaust. My curiosity led me to the fusebox under the hood of my car. I noticed that there was a fuse in the #51 spot and using the manual I identified it as "Exhaust Valve PTSQ". Will pulling this fuse have any effect on the sound of my car considering it does not have the NPP option.

Genuinely curious, as I have not seen anyone make a post about it anywhere. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Fuse 51 will have no effect if your car does not have NPP...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 01:03 AM   #5
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrac0103 View Post
Just like Jaxcam02 said, no difference without the NPP... I did the fuse pull almost immediately after I bought car cause it wasn't loud enough, still wasn't loud enough so I straight piped mine back with a MBRP system and now it's loud and proud!!!

Straight pipe might be the way to go. I live in a sub division so that's a no go. Thinking about Borla though.

Mine was used to it came with the NPP. Personlly if I were ordering a Camaro I would not spend the extra cash on NPP because I'd just put my own aftermarket on anyway.

I mean others with Mustangs sound much louder than me and drive by at night. If they don't like the sound of my SS then tough sh**. They don't pay my car payment!
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 07:42 AM   #6
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
I went with a Corsa axle back, sounds mean - very much musclecar-ish. The Non-NPP version would be the Corsa xtreme. Borla ATAK ro Corsa Xtreme will likely scratch your itch.

the Stainless Works versions and MBRP make fine sounding products as well.
Old 06-04-2021, 07:45 AM   #7
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Quote:

WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 08:04 AM   #8
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
After I installed a Rotofab intake, I found that my 2017 SS had a better, deeper exhaust note. Its not huge but it is definitely noticeable.

My car has the NPP exhaust which I love.

Maybe there is a way you could retrofit a used NPP to your car?
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 10:18 AM   #9
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:

Hey there! Also have a 2020 LT1 with single exhaust tips. Like you, I was looking for a louder exhaust, as we both know, the stock non npp muffler makes things way too quiet. After a year, I couldn't handle how quiet the car was. I did plenty of exhaust research and came to the conclusion that EVERY axleback and catback sold for our camaros are ridiculously over priced and taxed. After listening to hundreds of exhaust clips, I decided on a $100 muffler delete.

I have zero regrets, the car sounds perfect to me now. I was told by many people it would drone all the time and sound like crap or like an old truck with open headers, it does not. The car is quiet at idle, cruising, and part throttle, however, cold start and wide open throttle are "wake the dead" loud. Also, a nice side effect of the muffler delete was about 35 lbs in weight reduction. I will say, my car is manual, so I probably don't hear drone as my camaro barely spends any time in the rpm range where the automatic guys say they hear drone. I love the muffler delete and I will probably keep it till the warranty runs out when I can do longtube headers, offroad mid pipes and throw the stock non npp muffler back on.

Whatever you decide, good luck, there are plenty of used axlebacks and catbacks out there, just know they are priced aggressively. Staying with a single tip exhaust will also save you some money.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 10:34 AM   #10
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
Hey there! Also have a 2020 LT1 with single exhaust tips. Like you, I was looking for a louder exhaust, as we both know, the stock non npp muffler makes things way too quiet. After a year, I couldn't handle how quiet the car was. I did plenty of exhaust research and came to the conclusion that EVERY axleback and catback sold for our camaros are ridiculously over priced and taxed. After listening to hundreds of exhaust clips, I decided on a $100 muffler delete.

I have zero regrets, the car sounds perfect to me now. I was told by many people it would drone all the time and sound like crap or like an old truck with open headers, it does not. The car is quiet at idle, cruising, and part throttle, however, cold start and wide open throttle are "wake the dead" loud. Also, a nice side effect of the muffler delete was about 35 lbs in weight reduction. I will say, my car is manual, so I probably don't hear drone as my camaro barely spends any time in the rpm range where the automatic guys say they hear drone. I love the muffler delete and I will probably keep it till the warranty runs out when I can do longtube headers, offroad mid pipes and throw the stock non npp muffler back on.

Whatever you decide, good luck, there are plenty of used axlebacks and catbacks out there, just know they are priced aggressively. Staying with a single tip exhaust will also save you some money.
Lol the term muffler delete needs to go and die
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 10:43 AM   #11
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr8000 View Post
Lol the term muffler delete needs to go and die
Sure, as soon as outlandish mark ups on axlebacks and catbacks for the camaro go and die first. Till then, the "muffler removal" is here to stay, does the new term sparkle with you now?
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 11:49 AM   #12
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
An efficient way to make the car sound louder is to pull the trunk liner and fold down or remove the rear seatback. I was driving like that mid stereo install and it was quite throaty.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6.2 v8, exhaust, lt1, npp fuse pull guide exhaust, super sport