Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 06-03-2021, 06:16 PM   #1
beedo

Drives: 18 2SS 1LE NFG
Messed up day, 1LE got hit

Got into a hit and run today, dude hit me spun me around and he took off. I slammed the curb hard and wheel is about 45 degrees off but I saw where he tried to pull off and hide and found him. Got out and he was speaking Spanish, I was pretty pussed and demanded insurance and he said no... Said I'm calling the police and he took off on foot! Rear wheel is bent, leaning over and all stability track and lights are on. Tried to limp it home 2 miles away but the rear was all over the place going 10, dont know how I drove it after he hit me. Just sucks I park a mile away, 3 years old no dents or scratches and now this.
Attached Images

beedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:21 PM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i didnt post any photos but i got hit by a semi truck a few weeks ago almost in the same place as you

quarter panel bumper and diffuser had to be replaced

with paint and parts and labor came out to about $7k but only took about 2 weeks for repairs

diode dynamics was nice enough to send me a replacement sidermarker at no cost!
Old 06-03-2021, 06:27 PM   #3
beedo

Damn! Something is messed up with the diff I think, service stabilitytrackit up as well as service suspension. Damn an 18 wheeler! Mine was a mid 90 lifted truck, paper tags that were for a 1973 chevy, beer cans falling out of it. Glad your ok, mine wasn't at a high speed but still sucks. I was thinking 10k or so.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:30 PM   #4
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
yea we were only going 5-10mph on a side street i was going straight he slowed down and i went around him and he turned into me good thing is insurance will take care of it for you bad thing you is may have to get a lawyer if he doesnt have insurance and was drunk
Old 06-03-2021, 06:35 PM   #5
beedo

Don't think they caught him yet, he literally left his shit and took off on foot when I found him. I have uninsured motorists insurance, in Texas you need it. Aholes come up here and start driving with no license or insurance and I have to pay 250 deductible to fix my car
Old 06-03-2021, 07:11 PM   #6
sandm

Drives: no more camaro :(
sucks man. sorry to hear.

glad it wasn't worse and your ok. I'd say glad the dude that hit ya was ok but once they run, I cease to care.
sandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:00 PM   #7
JK001

Drives: ZHP, Alfa 4C, RAM, X5, 17SS1LE-sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedo View Post
Damn! Something is messed up with the diff I think, service stabilitytrackit up as well as service suspension. Damn an 18 wheeler! Mine was a mid 90 lifted truck, paper tags that were for a 1973 chevy, beer cans falling out of it. Glad your ok, mine wasn't at a high speed but still sucks. I was thinking 10k or so.
Sorry for the bad luck. The stabilitrack light is the yaw sensor, it goes out of calibration when spun "involuntarily ". The other light I am hoping is another sensor rather than a hard suspension component, but as I said I'm hoping/ guessing for you. Sorry bud
JK001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:13 PM   #8
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Wish you the best of luck.
Mine got rear ended after only seven months ownership by un-insured driver.

Old 06-03-2021, 08:57 PM   #9
beedo

Pic looking back. Wheel definitely sticking out in the front too far. Pulled the wheel and nothing looks bent, ill let them figure it out Monday. Storms coming and my luck it would get hailed on sitting at the body chop lol
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2021, 09:04 PM   #10
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
That sucks man :-( I hate pieces of shit like that. I'm nuts, I woulda chased him down.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 09:05 PM   #11
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

Sounds like Larry the Cable Health Inspector truck lol.

For the Spanish speaking driver who fled not much you can do. Probably doesn't have coverage and I gotta wonder if the car was stolen as well then. Your insurance will have to eat the cost of repairs.

If by some miracle he does have insurance demand a diminished value check as well.

My 2012 5.0 I got into two accidents on it and didn't get no checks for it. They were not bad ones though but they still dinged a little off my trade in for it.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 09:08 PM   #12
beedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
That sucks man :-( I hate pieces of shit like that. I'm nuts, I woulda chased him down.
Well......I would have but didn't want to go to jail. I had my fist drawn back and was close but he was old and I had a moment of weakness, if I started it would have been an ambulance and a wrecker. They impounded the truck and Arlington was looking for him, they were camped out hidden waiting. Ask how I know lol
Old 06-03-2021, 09:12 PM   #13
beedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Sounds like Larry the Cable Health Inspector truck lol.

For the Spanish speaking driver who fled not much you can do. Probably doesn't have coverage and I gotta wonder if the car was stolen as well then. Your insurance will have to eat the cost of repairs.

If by some miracle he does have insurance demand a diminished value check as well.

My 2012 5.0 I got into two accidents on it and didn't get no checks for it. They were not bad ones though but they still dinged a little off my trade in for it.
Police said stolen more than likely, im sure an illegal alien as well. Not to get political but Bidens border stance we in DFW have seen a massive increase Hispanics. Not saying anything bad, my wife is Hispanic but there has been an increase.
Didn't know about diminished value. Thanks
Old 06-03-2021, 09:48 PM   #14
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Police said stolen more than likely, im sure an illegal alien as well. Not to get political but Bidens border stance we in DFW have seen a massive increase Hispanics. Not saying anything bad, my wife is Hispanic but there has been an increase.
Didn't know about diminished value. Thanks

Floriduh is terrible is uninsured drivers, illegal aliens driving, stolen cars, etc.

The old 90 year old who hit me had progressive and the claims adjusted was a pr*ck when I finally was able to get a hold of him. basically a pia process to ask for the check. For a check that would have probably been just a couple hundred bucks it would have cost more in lawyer fees to get them to get a check for me. If it was something like 3 grand in damages hell yes I would go for a check then.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote