Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 07-28-2020, 09:17 PM   #1
ToxicJon

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
Lt2 intake results/what’s needed to fit

Alright I know everyone has been chomping at the bits to see if this intake fits and what all it takes to make it fit and how much you gain. Well I’ve done it lol and have the graph to back it up.
First picture shows the difference in size vs the lt1 intake. It’s a good bit bigger to say the least.
Now I went ahead and shaved pretty much all the ribs on the bottom of the intake where the hpfp sits and also went ahead and shaved the ribs down the side where the outlet pipe for the hpfp that sits on top of the fuel rail just incase it was too close. Then I noticed that the aligning stub didn’t line up just right so I shaved it off and it lined up perfect then.
Also the stock lt1 intake bolts fit but they aren’t what this intake is designed for I don’t believe. So I’m going to order the correct bolts if they are different. I’ll keep y’all updated on that.
You will need to order a map extension harness I ordered mine on amazon for $30 https://www.amazon.com/Extension-Man...9-b698e0b800f6
For the brake booster you will need the shave down one of the ribs on the back of the intake and get a 90 degree 3/8 barb or fuel line fitting https://www.amazon.com/9-52MM-Fittin...3%2F8+&sr=8-15. I then just cut the end off the stock brake booster hose and connected them with some 3/8 hose I had.
For the pcv hose I just took the fittings off the stock hose and attached them using the same 3/8 hose. All super easy stuff.

Now I ported my intake my self and I’d like to think I’m pretty decent at it I picked up 12rwhp from porting my stock intake/Tb so I took my time and really got this thing how I wanted it. The throttle body opening is where you can really open this thing up. I went in about 3-4inches into the intake runner and took out the ridges and shaped it a little better.

Now for the results I dyno’d the car earlier in the day with stock Ported intake and don’t mind the dip after 5900 on the lt1 run. I forgot to bump the shifter out of tutd before 5900 with these 10 speeds it will drop a clutch to anticipate the shift you can see it grab back after I bumped it over.

So I strapped the car back down on the dyno got it all back up to temp and low and behold 20RWHP!!!!! and It peaked about 100 rpm later than the stock intake and a 12rwtq gain. Took it out for a drive and it pulls past 6,000 way harder. Pretty much this intake is the real deal and for the price you can’t beat it especially if you port it. So this thing should pick up about 30rwhp over a unported stock intake.
Attached Images

Last edited by ToxicJon; 08-16-2020 at 12:31 PM.
ToxicJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 09:25 PM   #2
thescreensavers

Drives: SW 1SS 1LE / Jeep XJ
You the man! Great results, thanks for posting this up!
thescreensavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 09:53 PM   #3
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Damn that is awesome!
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 09:56 PM   #4
appleman22

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
Any tuning necessary for this mod on an otherwise stock setup?
appleman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 10:10 PM   #5
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Hey ToxicJon, thanks for taking the time to document and illustrate your LT2 project. This is straight forward and should be an easy task for any of us to achieve. This IM looks like it doesn’t have any problems clearing the cowl and the CAI doesn’t look stressed either. Damn nice job sir!

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 10:38 PM   #6
ToxicJon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
You the man! Great results, thanks for posting this up!
No problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Damn that is awesome!
Yea it’s impressive for a stock intake
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleman22 View Post
Any tuning necessary for this mod on an otherwise stock setup?
Nope you can just throw it on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Hey ToxicJon, thanks for taking the time to document and illustrate your LT2 project. This is straight forward and should be an easy task for any of us to achieve. This IM looks like it doesn’t have any problems clearing the cowl and the CAI doesn’t look stressed either. Damn nice job sir!
Yea man no problem it fits surprisingly well.
Old 07-28-2020, 11:46 PM   #7
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
$10 bucks per horse is a great deal...

Nice job!

Did you thread the booster elbow? Or epoxy it?
Old 07-29-2020, 04:48 AM   #8
Purplt1

Drives: 2020 ss
I wonder if it will fit a 95mm throttle body after porting .
Purplt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:59 AM   #9
Xaxas

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
RIP MSD? Unless someone is going for crazy high hp, this looks way better.

Now, if someone were to make an entire kit with the ported manifold, extra required hardware, and a Vette like cover but for the Camaro for around $450-$500 then they would have one hell of a business going on.

Previous: 2017 2LT aka "Noire"
Mods: Chevrolet Performance Suspension || K&N Cold Air Intake || Borla ATAK Mufflers + Catback system || MRR 650 ZL1 replicas with squared 285/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S || ZZP 4 piston brake kit + braided brake lines || BMR everything (Solid/Lockout cradle bushing are a MUST in Camaros)
Xaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:48 AM   #10
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
As soon as someone makes this as a one shot purchase I will be buying one myself and see how my Procharger D1SC setup likes it.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 01:44 PM   #11
jorgesvlog

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet SS
Do you have a link to the map extension harness? is it the 3 pin or 4 pin?
jorgesvlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 02:09 PM   #12
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
But wait, won't it be month and months and maybe years until this is available to everyone? I don't know the specific economic of this, but you have basically a common stock part, that has an enormous hidden demand right? I mean unless GM knows people are going to be swapping their LT1 intake for this one?
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:09 PM   #13
ToxicJon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
$10 bucks per horse is a great deal...

Nice job!

Did you thread the booster elbow? Or epoxy it?
I threaded it in and then put some rtv around it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplt1 View Post
I wonder if it will fit a 95mm throttle body after porting .
Yea it will fit a 95mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaxas View Post
RIP MSD? Unless someone is going for crazy high hp, this looks way better.

Now, if someone were to make an entire kit with the ported manifold, extra required hardware, and a Vette like cover but for the Camaro for around $450-$500 then they would have one hell of a business going on.
Oh yea man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesvlog View Post
Do you have a link to the map extension harness? is it the 3 pin or 4 pin?
I just ordered ls3 map extension harness it’s a 3 pin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
But wait, won't it be month and months and maybe years until this is available to everyone? I don't know the specific economic of this, but you have basically a common stock part, that has an enormous hidden demand right? I mean unless GM knows people are going to be swapping their LT1 intake for this one?
Yea it will be a while before they will really be available.
Old 07-30-2020, 09:55 AM   #14
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
Let us know if you find out it needs other hardware ie bolts/etc. Thanks for your awesome work and post!
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote