Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-13-2020, 08:51 PM   #29
WAM

Drives: Pending
Seems like a major issue with putting a V8 spec'd suspension on a 2.0T is the front of the car would sit higher. And that was referenced above.

The B14 coilovers are adjustable height. Put the nose where you want it.

Confirmed here at 50 seconds:

WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 07:59 AM   #30
Bomicino

Drives: 2020 LT1
It would be nice to see pics. I cant tell if the ones shown at vendors is for our car, or different application. It looks like the front bottom coil is much smaller, which is what im looking for to clear some wheels. Might have to pull the trigger and hope for the best.
Attached Images

Bomicino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 08:01 AM   #31
Bomicino

Drives: 2020 LT1
Wrong pic
Attached Images

Bomicino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 12:39 PM   #32
ZZP_Tyler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Yeah, I'm equally as curious to actually see a photo of these. I reached out to Bilstein US and got this answer when inquiring about use on a 2.0t

"There should be enough adjustment to satisfy most of our customers so that should not be a concern whether it was made for the SS and then installed on vehicle without the V8. Our product engineers and developers would not put an item on the catalog should it be incorrect for your specific vehicle."

I then inquired for a product photo and they said to look on their website, which just says "photo coming soon" :/
Old 08-17-2020, 12:45 PM   #33
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZP_Tyler View Post
Yeah, I'm equally as curious to actually see a photo of these. I reached out to Bilstein US and got this answer when inquiring about use on a 2.0t

"There should be enough adjustment to satisfy most of our customers so that should not be a concern whether it was made for the SS and then installed on vehicle without the V8. Our product engineers and developers would not put an item on the catalog should it be incorrect for your specific vehicle."

I then inquired for a product photo and they said to look on their website, which just says "photo coming soon" :/

is it actually coilovers or just shocks/springs like the powell package?
Old 08-17-2020, 01:05 PM   #34
ZZP_Tyler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
is it actually coilovers or just shocks/springs like the powell package?
Based on the photos of existing B14 kits they look to be height adjustable coils, however many of the models don't seem to have a ton of adjustment. Can't seem to find a photo of the dang things anywhere around the internet.
Old 08-17-2020, 01:11 PM   #35
kropscamaro16

i used to have a contact at bilstein but i lost his card...if sema was going on id stop by and chat with them since every year i asked about it and they said no!!
Old 03-07-2021, 07:36 AM   #36
juschwien

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS V8
Hello Folks,

anyone already installed the B14 (PSS) Suspension Kit on his Camaro and could say something about the Comfort or hardness of the suspension?
juschwien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 11:07 AM   #37
kropscamaro16

my buddy shop installed some on a car in socal he said the kit was decent but not really for track use and seemed to be pretty soft
Old 05-07-2021, 08:03 AM   #38
my maro

Drives: 2018 camaro 1SS
Send a message via ICQ to my maro Send a message via AIM to my maro Send a message via MSN to my maro Send a message via Yahoo to my maro
HOW MUCH LOWER CAN THE BILSTIN PS14 BE SET AT? THAN STOCK.
my maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 08:04 AM   #39
my maro

Drives: 2018 camaro 1SS
Send a message via ICQ to my maro Send a message via AIM to my maro Send a message via MSN to my maro Send a message via Yahoo to my maro
I MENT B14s
my maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 06:27 PM   #40
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I ended up picking up a set... went through a few rounds of ordering extra parts - MRC cars need rear upper shock mounts (I went with Vorshlag), and Vorshlag camber plate owners need a 5th-gen/Porsche front upper spring perch - but got them installed recently. I still need to dial in the ride height and drive it around more. Initial impressions are great, the damping and spring rates feel spot on for sporty street driving and height adjustment is in the range of what I was looking for - a lower drivable car that retains the roll center proportion front to rear, none of the springs I've tried retained a good ride (edit: there was always some frequency that didn't jive with the MRC calibration and things got bouncy for no reason... rear Powel YYZ and front Eibach combo worked best as those are the linear springs from each company) and had that silly looking rear squat (presumably because the MRC shocks are different and don't like progressive rate springs). They are stiffer than FE3 shocks in "track" with Eibach or Power YYZ springs.

I had to travel and only drove the car a few miles about a week ago... I'll need more time with it to really tell what's going on. My front wheels are 19x10ET23 with 275/35 Nitto NT05, and 19x11ET43 with 305/35 Nitto NT05R in the rear.

Also, the springs in the photos aren't adjusted to where the car is sitting in the last image... I think you can go about 1/2" lower than where my car is sitting in that last photo.

Last edited by crankaholic; 05-07-2021 at 06:45 PM.
crankaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 06:45 PM   #41
kropscamaro16

looks good but heard the ride quality is shit lol what you say?
Old 05-07-2021, 07:31 PM   #42
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
looks good but heard the ride quality is shit lol what you say?
I drove over some of the rougher roads and it wasn't bad - it's definitely stiffer than FE3 track mode, but the smaller road imperfections and seams aren't harsh. Once you hit some of the bigger humps and bumps it definitely translates into more vertical motion, but I think it's fitting for a sports car. The chassis didn't feel upset during mid-corner bumps and there aren't any secondary motions after bumps - so the damping seems decently dialed in.

I'll need to go on longer drives with more accelerating/cornering/braking over bumpy pavement in order to form a proper opinion - I'll post an update once I get a chance, probably in a week or so.