Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-11-2021, 09:11 PM   #225
Monroe
Banned

Drives: Chevrolet
Cuz its Fake News.
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 09:13 PM   #226
Monroe
Banned

Cuz they can't afford one.😆
Old 06-11-2021, 09:14 PM   #227
Monroe
Banned

Cuz they can't drive a stick.😂
Old 06-11-2021, 09:33 PM   #228
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
So you wouldn't take an 1969 427 Stingray L88 versus a small block??
It depends. A big torquey big block is very satisfying. But its not necessarily going to be faster. Its going to put a lot more weight on the front end and cause understeer. The small block cars handled better. The big block is going to cost more and be valuable enough and irreplaceable enough that Id be worrying driving it in NJ.
Plus the Vettes from the 60s and 70s were pains in the ass. Electrical problems... vacuum operated headlight doors and wiper covers.
I had 3. a 65 vert. with a 327 with a cam and headers along with Hooker side pipes that burned your leg. It was a wild ride. Fast and brutal. No heat. Nor radio. Roof leaked... Froze your but in the cold. But I couldnt stop driving it.
I had a 70 T top that was made from 2 crashed cars and had a 2 bolt main 350. It was really a POS but... I drove it for 2 years as a DD and it never broke. Drove it in the snow without snow tires and everything.... Sold it for what I paid.
The 69 27 vert was a beautiful car. I only drove it about 1,000 miles in a year because I was as likely to come home on a flatbed as under its own power. Electrical gremlins. I sold it for more than I paid. Spent more time waxing it than driving it. And was relieved when it sold.
The first time I took it out I went east on Rt 78 to Newark airport. Smooth concrete roads then. 1976. I had the other 2 Vetts first and had an expectation of handling... I was wrong. I went way to fast in to a sweeping ramp and the car just went straight. I had the skill to downshift and nail it and throw the car sideways through the turn. But a normal person would have left 4 skid marks straight into the guard rail.
So my opinions are not based on the potential ownership experience of a 427 car over a small block.
Its more like how the cars treated me.
The 65 was by far the most fun.
The 70 was the best transportation but it was a garbage barge built out of crashed cars.
The 69 was probably the coolest car I ever owned. Certainly the most special. But it was a terrible vehicle. It was great posing for pictures.
If I could only buy 1 Vette.... It would be a 65 396. Coup or vert.
Old 06-11-2021, 09:59 PM   #229
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR's 2SS View Post
It depends. A big torquey big block is very satisfying. But its not necessarily going to be faster. Its going to put a lot more weight on the front end and cause understeer. The small block cars handled better. The big block is going to cost more and be valuable enough and irreplaceable enough that Id be worrying driving it in NJ.
Plus the Vettes from the 60s and 70s were pains in the ass. Electrical problems... vacuum operated headlight doors and wiper covers.
I had 3. a 65 vert. with a 327 with a cam and headers along with Hooker side pipes that burned your leg. It was a wild ride. Fast and brutal. No heat. Nor radio. Roof leaked... Froze your but in the cold. But I couldnt stop driving it.
I had a 70 T top that was made from 2 crashed cars and had a 2 bolt main 350. It was really a POS but... I drove it for 2 years as a DD and it never broke. Drove it in the snow without snow tires and everything.... Sold it for what I paid.
The 69 27 vert was a beautiful car. I only drove it about 1,000 miles in a year because I was as likely to come home on a flatbed as under its own power. Electrical gremlins. I sold it for more than I paid. Spent more time waxing it than driving it. And was relieved when it sold.
The first time I took it out I went east on Rt 78 to Newark airport. Smooth concrete roads then. 1976. I had the other 2 Vetts first and had an expectation of handling... I was wrong. I went way to fast in to a sweeping ramp and the car just went straight. I had the skill to downshift and nail it and throw the car sideways through the turn. But a normal person would have left 4 skid marks straight into the guard rail.
So my opinions are not based on the potential ownership experience of a 427 car over a small block.
Its more like how the cars treated me.
The 65 was by far the most fun.
The 70 was the best transportation but it was a garbage barge built out of crashed cars.
The 69 was probably the coolest car I ever owned. Certainly the most special. But it was a terrible vehicle. It was great posing for pictures.
If I could only buy 1 Vette.... It would be a 65 396. Coup or vert.

What did the ladies think of these Vettes and having to ride in them?
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 02:51 AM   #230
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Are the pages stuck together?
Hot Rod, NOT Hustler.
Old 06-12-2021, 08:49 AM   #231
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Well, you also have GM and their refreshed bumper to thank for that. A guy up the street has a white Charger that looks pretty similar to the 2019+ SS with its "sideflappy" front bumper. Its black crossbar between the grilles brings the look even closer to the (later revised) 2019 SS.
My buddy pulled up to the coffee shop in his brand new 2021 Lt1 in white with 10 speed and the RS package. As we were going in a guy coming out asked him if it was the new Mustang and how it looked good in white. He literally picked it up from the dealership an hour before....he was pissed and I was roaring.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 09:49 AM   #232
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
My buddy pulled up to the coffee shop in his brand new 2021 Lt1 in white with 10 speed and the RS package. As we were going in a guy coming out asked him if it was the new Mustang and how it looked good in white. He literally picked it up from the dealership an hour before....he was pissed and I was roaring.
Yeah, try owning an SS Sedan. What is that? Is that the new Malibu? SS What? LOL

I would bet you unbranded most Americans couldn't tell the difference between the two.
Old 06-13-2021, 09:33 PM   #233
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
Quote:
What did the ladies think of these Vettes and having to ride in them?
The ladies loved the Vettes. They were magnets. The 65 scared hell out of some though and without heat it wasnt a big hit when it was cold. But that was still my favorite to drive.
The 70 T top I had when I was 18. Younger women are more easily impressed... My best friend had a Malamute and I would take her with me. T tops off and the Malamute standing with her head out the top....You could get the girls 2 at a time with that setup. Fitting them and the dog in a 2 seater was a problem though. (That is a true story)
The 427 didnt get driven enough to find out and the ladies arent impressed with your car on a flatbed no matter how cool it is.
Women who are attracted by something as shallow as an automobile being cool... are less interesting than ones who at first wont even look at you because they think your an asshole with a big head or a weasel who needs the car as a phallic symbol....
Old 06-13-2021, 09:42 PM   #234
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
The ladies loved the Vettes. They were magnets. The 65 scared hell out of some though and without heat it wasnt a big hit when it was cold. But that was still my favorite to drive.
The 70 T top I had when I was 18. Younger women are more easily impressed... My best friend had a Malamute and I would take her with me. T tops off and the Malamute standing with her head out the top....You could get the girls 2 at a time with that setup. Fitting them and the dog in a 2 seater was a problem though. (That is a true story)
The 427 didnt get driven enough to find out and the ladies arent impressed with your car on a flatbed no matter how cool it is.
Women who are attracted by something as shallow as an automobile being cool... are less interesting than ones who at first wont even look at you because they think your an asshole with a big head or a weasel who needs the car as a phallic symbol....

So you don't think putting your pic of your Camaro SS on a dating profile is a good idea? Do you think Women even care about a Camaro SS or do they consider that cheap?
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 02:12 AM   #235
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Yeah, try owning an SS Sedan. What is that? Is that the new Malibu? SS What? LOL

I would bet you unbranded most Americans couldn't tell the difference between the two.
Haha I bet....he sold his 86 Buick Regal t type turbo car to buy the Camaro. Somebody called that car a Monte Carlo last year at a meet.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 05:35 AM   #236
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Truth. I’d prefer to show up on a first date dressed nicely and driving my beat up Sierra and see how she reacts. If she’s not interested because of what I drive, she can move on to the next sucker.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 06:06 AM   #237
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
I finally saw an LT1 in the wild the other day. Here in SWFL that's VERY rare. I see a few ZL1s and SSs though but not a lot of 6th gen.

You see a lot more 5th gens still on the road though. Mostly the V6 models though. Lots of people bought those.

I didn't buy a 5th gen SS because they were slower than a Mustang, horrible interior as well. But the 6th gen is a very nice car. Easily beats the Mustang in the quality department.

If they took a Camaro Chassis and slapped on some Mustang Pony logos on it people would buy it up.
Im curious as to where in SWFL you are.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:53 AM   #238
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
yeah,the 5th gen was a horrible car.but it sure sold better than the soon to be gone 6th gen.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote