Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 06-08-2021, 10:46 PM   #29
Gr3m27

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
Fastest FBO car has what sized headers?

Fastest H/C car has what sized headers?

Fastest SBE car has what sized headers?

No one has tried the victor jr heads yet, so ruling them out is moot.

You're right... the proof is in the pudding. Your pudding is
Haha hard to argue those "facts", clearly the winning constant is 2 in. headers. Guess I don't know what I'm doing or talking about.

BUT........ let me let me fling some more, um what was it....bs.

I never said to rule out the EB heads, just suggested looking at some other options. Based on the information on their site about the heads, I felt that the price wasn't worth the performance given that theoretical peak hp is around 765 (engine) if you can get the full lift of .700, but its not my money just my opinion. I've found (in this forum and talking to hands on techs) that a good porting on stock heads can produce pretty decent number but I'll give you that its not MAXIMUM EFFORT (insert Deadpool face here).

Oh and on the the header note, sure you can use the common logic that anything over 500hp should be 2 in headers but I've found, like many things in life, one size does not fit all. There is some actual math to all this that seems to stand the test of time, just like we know the three basics of air, fuel, and spark, we know that to find the right size headers we can use the Area of the Primary Tube (PPA) formula

Area of the Primary Tube (PPA) = (peak torque rpm ÷ 88,200) x (c.i.d. ÷ number of cylinders)

Sooo for instance, lets take my car as an example. I currently see peak torque around 5300 rpm, so lets do the math.

(5300/88200)*47 = 2.82 sq in and the square root of that is 1.68, which puts me just over a 1 7/8 header but not close enough to a 2 in. Plus I'm not a WOT all the time.

Like I said in my first post, what is the end goal. Mine is a daily GT car, not a strip car. I'm not looking for glory just a little extra fun.

But at the end of the day, its just one man's opinion and another fellow Camaro lover sharing his two cents. Sorry that they are not up to your standards or "facts" but my car seems to get me down the road and the track just fine.

Thanks all for reading this. In the future maybe we think twice before posting. I know I will.

2017 Chevy Camaro Hyper Blue 2SS A8 GPI Ported Heads, GPI SS1 CAM, Rotofab CAI, Katech Ported TB, GPI Ported IM, TSP 1.78 Long Tube Headers, Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can, Chevrolet Performance Strut Tower Brace, Factory Reproduction Style 28 Wheels, Michelin PS4S

2017 Chevy Camaro Krypton Green ZL1 Rotofab CAI, Borla Cat-Back, Michelin PS4S
Gr3m27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro 1lt, 6.2l, cam, headers