Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-15-2021, 10:16 AM   #15
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
Since you bought car used I suggest that you have the alignment checked to make sure there isn’t an underlying problem with the suspension that is causing the vague driving feel. I would also check the air pressure in the tires just to make sure it’s correct. Mixing Michelin and Continental tires front and rear probably isn’t terrible but it could be a contributing factor. I don’t think I would change it now but you might have been happier with matching PS4S 305/30/20s on the rear.
Recommended PSI? Mine usually sit at about 36-38 when warm.
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 11:11 AM   #16
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorforschool@gmail.com View Post
I may just get another Conti Extreme Sport when I get the new 20x9 front I just want to make sure I get the right tire for that front wheel moving forward. To be clear I think I like the PS4S better overall, just trying to save a dollar.
I would try the Michelins on the new 9" wheels before I would spend more money on new Continentals. I'm running PS4S tires on my Camaro and have been very happy with them.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 11:20 AM   #17
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorforschool@gmail.com View Post
Recommended PSI? Mine usually sit at about 36-38 when warm.
You should measure tire pressure on cold tires with a quality tire pressure gauge (TPMS isn't the most accurate). The factory spec is printed on a sticker in the driver's door frame. I would start there and see how it feels.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 11:31 AM   #18
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Yeah my tpms wasn’t switched over to new wheels, so I’m using old school gauges to check tire and inflate. Door says 35. Tpms still in the Michelin’s up front that were out back, but not in the new conti 305s out back. I keep gauges with me, and inflation on travel. I will see how the 265/35/20 PS4S feels on the 9” rim before I buy another tire. Just saw a few others who appeared to believe I may still not feel 100% on just a 9” with the PS4S. We will see how it all turns out. I’ll keep y’all posted when the wheels finally come in.
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote