Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-04-2021, 11:06 AM   #29
BLACK21SS
Oldman w/a teenager brain

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Between the 2 the ZL1 is a no brainer. Picking the Z would literally be like choosing between twins except one has a doctorate, a killer set of boobs, can cook, a great personality (not that we care), but also keeps a switchblade in her jeans, a glock in her purse, has a stash somewhere, and is just as at home in jeans and a tank top at a dive bar watching a football game as she is in an elegant evening gown at a high end restaurant talking politics.
Quite the picture you painted. Now I want to trade the 2SS for a new wife.
BLACK21SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 12:47 AM   #30
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosedep3 View Post
The decision has been made, ZL1 for the win.
Pics! Or it never happened... ;-)
Old 05-05-2021, 08:19 AM   #31
boosedep3

Drives: 2018 SS1LE
ZL1 has been on order since February 9th. I came across a local SS1le on a lot and thought about taking that and canceling the ZL1.
boosedep3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:24 AM   #32
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosedep3 View Post
ZL1 has been on order since February 9th. I came across a local SS1le on a lot and thought about taking that and canceling the ZL1.
You never should downgrade. And that is not a disrespect to the SS. Like I said, it is a remarkable car. But between the two, if money is not the object, and you already have a ZL1 on order, then you do not go backwards. You're gonna come across plenty of SS Camaros in the wild. The only difference is, you'll be in a ZL1!! Keep your order and just be patient. You'll be happy for sure.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:10 PM   #33
Guava

Drives: Colorado ZR2
Good video here:

Guava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 03:17 PM   #34
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Personally, I am happy with my 2SS 1LE. I think ZL1 is way too overkill on the streets and you can't open it up at all, but the extra power will definitely come in handy on the track or a highway in the middle of nowhere.

Now that the weather is nice, I hang out with a buddy with a Hellcat Charger a lot. He says that he doesn't drive it very hard but I would have to really give my SS 1LE gas sometimes to keep up. With a ZL1, I would imagine I could easily keep up with him.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 03:49 PM   #35
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
You never should downgrade. And that is not a disrespect to the SS. Like I said, it is a remarkable car. But between the two, if money is not the object, and you already have a ZL1 on order, then you do not go backwards. You're gonna come across plenty of SS Camaros in the wild. The only difference is, you'll be in a ZL1!! Keep your order and just be patient. You'll be happy for sure.

I agree. If money is not the issue then you go with the Zl1! Probably could get a better deal on a ZL1 than an SS or LT1 right now.

of course with me money is a factor and it's an SS for me. Personally I don't care about top end speed once I get on the highway. The SS is just fine for the city streets and off the line. With the SS my car is already quicker than most cars on the road at any given time.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 07:57 PM   #36
boosedep3

Money is always a factor to me. My previous car was a Charger hellcat, so power wise I should just try to remain patient and wait for the ZL1. With the weather getting nice in MD I am ready for a fun car. Banging gears in a 3500 Cummins isn't as fun as a sports car. Yes, my Cummins is a manual haha
Old 05-06-2021, 08:13 PM   #37
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
If you are torn between both and can afford it always get what you really want otherwise you may regret it. Many folks wind up trading later for the ZL1 and pay even more than if you bought the ZL1 in the first place.

Now that said, it does take a lot of self-control the restrain the power of a ZL1 or a SS for that matter on the street. I actually have a Miata, which I find more fun to drive on the street since you can at least wind out a couple gears without risking jail time. There is a saying that it is more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow. However, driving a fast car fast is even more fun. :-)
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 08:54 PM   #38
boosedep3

My previous car was a Hellcat and for a brief period I owed a Bullitt Mustang at the same time, I know exactly where the statement is coming from.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:10 PM   #39
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
If you are torn between both and can afford it always get what you really want otherwise you may regret it. Many folks wind up trading later for the ZL1 and pay even more than if you bought the ZL1 in the first place.

Now that said, it does take a lot of self-control the restrain the power of a ZL1 or a SS for that matter on the street. I actually have a Miata, which I find more fun to drive on the street since you can at least wind out a couple gears without risking jail time. There is a saying that it is more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow. However, driving a fast car fast is even more fun. :-)

hard to do that in many areas of FL since there is so much traffic.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:29 PM   #40
raptor5244

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
hard to do that in many areas of FL since there is so much traffic.
Agreed. That is why I am driving what I am driving now. The Teslas instant torque around town is the easiest car to drive quick without creating a lot of drama. It is all about the quick shove back in the seat and regen braking brings you to a complete stop at the next light without even having to apply the brakes. True one pedal driving when dealing with traffic and if you are feeling lazy you can let the autopilot do the work.

The Miata has always been a riot to drive. 2300lbs, close ratio 6 speed manual and top down always puts a smile on my face. It is the opposite of the Tesla. Going back and forth between these two cars is hysterical as they drive so different and that is why I like them so much. I do miss the roar of the V8 Camaro from time to time but eventually I think I would like to get a C8. I drove one at the Ultimate driving experience event a few weeks ago and it was a blast. Still hard to believe there is no manual in the C8 but the DCT did shift pretty nice on track and held the gears well in the turns. Turn in and braking was obviously better in the C8 but the Tesla Model 3 Performance still feels stronger on acceleration up to about 80mph or so. The Tesla will make you lose you stomach on hard acceleration whereas the Corvette acceleration feels more linear. It just has to do with how electric motors deliver torque vs. a V8 with a transmission. Both fun in different ways.
2019 Tesla Model 3
Old 05-06-2021, 09:45 PM   #41
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Agreed. That is why I am driving what I am driving now. The Teslas instant torque around town is the easiest car to drive quick without creating a lot of drama. It is all about the quick shove back in the seat and regen braking brings you to a complete stop at the next light without even having to apply the brakes. True one pedal driving when dealing with traffic and if you are feeling lazy you can let the autopilot do the work.

The Miata has always been a riot to drive. 2300lbs, close ratio 6 speed manual and top down always puts a smile on my face. It is the opposite of the Tesla. Going back and forth between these two cars is hysterical as they drive so different and that is why I like them so much. I do miss the roar of the V8 Camaro from time to time but eventually I think I would like to get a C8. I drove one at the Ultimate driving experience event a few weeks ago and it was a blast. Still hard to believe there is no manual in the C8 but the DCT did shift pretty nice on track and held the gears well in the turns. Turn in and braking was obviously better in the C8 but the Tesla Model 3 Performance still feels stronger on acceleration up to about 80mph or so. The Tesla will make you lose you stomach on hard acceleration whereas the Corvette acceleration feels more linear. It just has to do with how electric motors deliver torque vs. a V8 with a transmission. Both fun in different ways.

Still worth it. I live in Punta Gorda so there are still a few roads I can let loose. By the airport there are a couple dead end roads where I can practice launching. The Sheriffs HQ is just down the street and last time I was doing it my radar detector started blaring lol. Dead end street so no evading them.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:56 PM   #42
raptor5244

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Still worth it. I live in Punta Gorda so there are still a few roads I can let loose. By the airport there are a couple dead end roads where I can practice launching. The Sheriffs HQ is just down the street and last time I was doing it my radar detector started blaring lol. Dead end street so no evading them.
I am pretty much stuck with I-75 highway on ramps down here in south Florida
2019 Tesla Model 3