Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-06-2021, 06:30 AM   #15
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
People still drive around blind looking at dealers lots?

Could have sworn Al Gore invented an interwebs so you don’t have to do that any more.

Seriously, good luck OP. Guys have been traveling near cross country to get what they want. That was before the most recent shutdown even.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 07:00 AM   #16
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
grampi, do a search on Cars.com 250 miles from your zip code to see what’s available or any of the other car selling websites. I doubt you will find much but you never know until you do some web searches. Good luck!
Old 05-06-2021, 07:21 AM   #17
grampi

Drives: Mazda CX-9
I'm running into the same problem with this car that I had with C5 Corvettes. I was looking to buy one of those for years, but I either couldn't find one equipped the way I wanted it, or the asking price way too high. Looks like I'm right back in the same boat with this car...

Last edited by grampi; 05-06-2021 at 03:05 PM.
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:09 AM   #18
hudohio

Drives: 2017 2SS Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
That's a brutal way to do it for sure! I used cars.com to search the country. Always call ahead also to make sure the car is actually there. The car I bought stayed on the dealer website and cars.com for 3 days after I bought it.
hudohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:24 AM   #19
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
...and came up with nothing. I was looking for any 6.2 liter 6 speed. I went to 3 fairly large Chevy dealers in my area, and the only Camaros they had were 4 and 6 cylinders, new or used. One had an SS that was sold, and another had a modified SS, and they wouldn't allow test drives with it. They all said they sell every V-8 Camaro they get. Tell me again why GM is going to pull the plug on this car? Meanwhile, Mustangs are a dime a dozen...
I just do not get GM sometimes. I get its a chip shortage this time. Let's hop in the time machine. Let's go back to 2000. Prior to the Camaro and FIREBIRD/tRANS AM lineup getting ready to be axed in 2002

GM Exec: What is going to replace the Pontiac Fbody.

Design Team: We got a great idea. The future is here. All Fbody owners are
going to flock to our new design. The Pontiac Aztek.

GM Exec: Huh. That ugly thing over there.

Design Team: It's revolutionary. The exhaust is off center and you can attach
a tent to the cargo area. We will sell a 100 thousand a year. It
will help save Pontiac

GM Exec: Yes. I agree. Start production immediately.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:26 AM   #20
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post
I just do not get GM sometimes. I get its a chip shortage this time. Let's hop in the time machine. Let's go back to 2000. Prior to the Camaro and FIREBIRD/tRANS AM lineup getting ready to be axed in 2002

will help save Pontiac

They did give us the GTO in 2004 - 2006, badass car.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:34 AM   #21
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudohio View Post
That's a brutal way to do it for sure! I used cars.com to search the country. Always call ahead also to make sure the car is actually there. The car I bought stayed on the dealer website and cars.com for 3 days after I bought it.
Also try Cargurus.com they seem to search dealer inventories.
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:39 AM   #22
JitteryJoe

Drives: 21' LTI, '18 Traverse, '15 Mazda 6
I'll sell you my Base LT1 for $40K
JitteryJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:57 AM   #23
grampi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post

Could have sworn Al Gore invented an interwebs so you don’t have to do that any more.

Seriously, good luck OP. Guys have been traveling near cross country to get what they want. That was before the most recent shutdown even.
Normally I wouldn't, but I needed an excuse to go for a ride on my motorcycle yesterday, and what a better thing to do than looking for/at, or driving a Camaro? I'm retired and have a lot of free time on my hands. If was looking to buy right now, I'd use the many online search sites to find what I was looking for, or I'd just order a new one...
Old 05-06-2021, 09:57 AM   #24
grampi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitteryJoe View Post
I'll sell you my Base LT1 for $40K
I bet you would...
Old 05-06-2021, 12:01 PM   #25
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
After getting rid of my 98 Z28, I went a few years without a sports car of any kind. Missed owning one, so in 2007 I found an 06 GTO still sitting brand new at a Pontiac dealer. It was one of the best cars I ever owned. Looks were a bit dated by the time I got in it, but it was a very quick car, that only some knew about. People would come up to me, when I parked it anywhere, just to ask more about it. It was the most comfortable interior of any GM car I’ve owned as well. I traded it in, in 2010 on a Camaro SS with the 6 speed. The only reason I let it go, was that it was an automatic, and I missed the manual transmission too much. Miss that car.
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:14 PM   #26
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
It was. I had a 05 with the new 6.0. It was a badass car. And I also had a 16 and 17 Chevy SS sedan. The first time I went for an oil change in my 17 SS (when they were included by GM), the service advisor said "So your here for an oil change for the red Malibu. Ugh. I should have left. I know were off topic but when GM does something right, 1994-96 Impala SS, 2004-06 GTO, and the 2014-17 SS Sedan (even the G8 GT which i had 2 of and G8 GXP) they axe them. Looks like rain today so if you can excuse me I must go remove the tent from the Aztek so it does not get ruined. Then I'm off to look at Chevy Sonics in pastel colors.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:17 PM   #27
MR2Aaron

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS, 2012 Scion iQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post

will help save Pontiac

That actually would have been around the time that they brought over the Monaro (as the Pontiac GTO), which was a vastly better car that the 4th gen F-Body, but they had a hard time getting anyone to buy them, I think because it was really expensive at the time.
MR2Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 03:09 PM   #28
grampi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR2Aaron View Post
That actually would have been around the time that they brought over the Monaro (as the Pontiac GTO), which was a vastly better car that the 4th gen F-Body, but they had a hard time getting anyone to buy them, I think because it was really expensive at the time.
That's another thing GM is good at, overpricing their vehicles. They finally create a package for the Camaro that is affordable (LT1), and now even it is priced too high because of short supply and high demand...