Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-29-2021, 09:13 AM   #15
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
Don't get too anxious. The Lansing plant also builds the Cadillac CT4 and CT5, and who knows which of the three vehicles will get priority? Also, restarting an assembly line isn't just flip a switch and hit full production immediately. It could be a few weeks before the lines get to maximum output, if GM has even decided that's what it wants to do.
I received word that while LGR will indeed be up and running next week, it will be running at limited volume in May and June so that GM can meet the promised launch date of the CT4/CT5 Blackwing models.

This was only sent to Cadillac dealers and does not say that only CT4 and CT5 will be limited volume. My guess is that Camaro will be limited volume as well during these next 2 months.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:13 AM   #16
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
he's spot on about the semi conductors and GM! Like how he points out how car companies spend all this money on fancy advertising and commercials.
I've watched several of his videos and while he has some good information, he is a big Toyota fanboy so, not surprised he is bashing GM. All the car manufacturers are hurting from the chip shortage. Ford has very few autos on their new car lots around here.

I can't even update my PC graphics card right now because of the chip shortage. Good luck finding an EVGA 3060ti card
Old 04-29-2021, 09:36 AM   #17
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
I've watched several of his videos and while he has some good information, he is a big Toyota fanboy so, not surprised he is bashing GM. All the car manufacturers are hurting from the chip shortage. Ford has very few autos on their new car lots around here.

I can't even update my PC graphics card right now because of the chip shortage. Good luck finding an EVGA 3060ti card
yep .
my son wants to upgrade his gaming computer. no 3080 cards available at all
Old 04-29-2021, 09:42 AM   #18
pzoom

Drives: 2021 SS 1LE SHOCK
Used to work for GM (Delco) years ago. They had a chip fab in Kokomo but they shut it down.
pzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:28 AM   #19
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
the lack of high end graphics and cpus and console chips has to do with all of them being produced at TSMC and they only have so much manufacturing capacity. they can't make chips fast enough to handle the current peak demand..

That combined with bot using scalpers buying up all of the stock and selling it for 4x retail on ebay.

That's the deal when there's only really one company successfully able to mass produce complex chips at 7 and 5nm
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:49 PM   #20
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Drives: i want a camaro
Quote:
he's spot on about the semi conductors and GM! Like how he points out how car companies spend all this money on fancy advertising and commercials.

"well what would i know i own a 1994 Toyota Celica"
- Scotty Kilmer
D.O.M.D1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:58 PM   #21
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
According to Automotive News, GM will restart production of Camaro and Cadillac CT4/CT5 sedans at Lansing Grand River Assembly next week. Production at the plant has been canceled since March 15 as a result of the global microchip shortage.
thank god, i asked mr. joeP and he does not know when the 2022 pricing is going to come out as of yet, because of the current situation, hell even corvette information is not even out yet, but probably well into production
Old 05-03-2021, 11:09 AM   #22
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
According to The Detroit News production will stop again next week and not resume until the beginning of July:

Additionally, GM's Lansing Grand River Assembly, where the Chevrolet Camaro and Cadillac CT4 and CT5 are built, will take downtime beginning the week of May 10 and through the week of June 28. The plant will still have pre-production volume of the 2022 model year Cadillac Black Wing in June.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...ly/4891819001/
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 11:53 PM   #23
ddivinia

Drives: 19 ZR1 20 350R Wife -> 24 ZL1 Vert
Wow - what a mess. Sure thankful we got our Zl1 this week.

D.
ddivinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 10:44 PM   #24
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
With 2021 Camaro production shut down until June 28 and 2022 Camaro production still scheduled for July 19, I’m going to guess it’s bye-bye time for any more 2021 Camaros to come out of Lansing (unless they’re sitting on the line half-finished). GM will certainly use whatever days of production it can scrape together to launch the all-new Cadillac CT4 and CT5.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 11:55 PM   #25
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
With 2021 Camaro production shut down until June 28 and 2022 Camaro production still scheduled for July 19, I’m going to guess it’s bye-bye time for any more 2021 Camaros to come out of Lansing (unless they’re sitting on the line half-finished). GM will certainly use whatever days of production it can scrape together to launch the all-new Cadillac CT4 and CT5.
yeah your right, that's what matt everett(a.k.a. lethal garage) has concluded, according to his insider within GM lets hope that all this(the production) will last until December/January (mid model year) with out hiccups or disruptions also production at Lansing grand river was good for 1 week only, but for Cadillac, also there is a video floating around of a bunch of F-series trucks fully built and ready to ship in around fords Kentucky Truck Assembly and Kentucky speedway

Last edited by D.O.M.D1; 05-13-2021 at 12:06 AM.
Old 05-13-2021, 12:12 AM   #26
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.M.D1 View Post
yeah your right, that's what matt everett(a.k.a. lethal garage) has concluded, according to his insider within GM lets hope that all this(the production) will last until December/January (mid model year) with out hiccups or disruptions also production at Lansing grand river was good for 1 week only, but for Cadillac

Why Caddy?

I gotta say, I live in Southwest Florida, my area is really old and tbh I don't see a ton of newer Cadillacs on the road like you would imagine for a retirement area. In fact, kinda rare except for their SUV line I see more of those. Hell, at times a newer Cadillac coupe or sedan is more rare to see than a Camaro and I'm serious about this too.

Everyone says how Mustang is so popular. I said it before if GM actually cared and had a proper supply of the Camaro LT1, SS and built a bare bones LT1 that dealers would actually carry that can compete with the base model Mustang GT that has a low price point then I think Camaro would be a popular car.

The problem I see is the dealers rarely carry a stripper LT1. When they do carry an LT1 it's always around 43k, starting to push closer to 2ss territory or they carry loaded up 2ss rag tops pushing 55 grand.

A premium price tag for the Camaro is driving down sales. get more lower model LT1s on the lots and sales volume will increase.

LT1 alone is VERY rare to see at dealers. Again, Chevy needs to push the base model bare bones LT1 more.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 12:31 AM   #27
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
Why Caddy?

I gotta say, I live in Southwest Florida, my area is really old and tbh I don't see a ton of newer Cadillacs on the road like you would imagine for a retirement area. In fact, kinda rare except for their SUV line I see more of those. Hell, at times a newer Cadillac coupe or sedan is more rare to see than a Camaro and I'm serious about this too.

Everyone says how Mustang is so popular. I said it before if GM actually cared and had a proper supply of the Camaro LT1, SS and built a bare bones LT1 that dealers would actually carry that can compete with the base model Mustang GT that has a low price point then I think Camaro would be a popular car.

The problem I see is the dealers rarely carry a stripper LT1. When they do carry an LT1 it's always around 43k, starting to push closer to 2ss territory or they carry loaded up 2ss rag tops pushing 55 grand.

A premium price tag for the Camaro is driving down sales. get more lower model LT1s on the lots and sales volume will increase.

LT1 alone is VERY rare to see at dealers. Again, Chevy needs to push the base model bare bones LT1 more.
i get it, there is an article piece by musclecarsandtrucks.com explaining on why Lansing grand river opened for 1 week only
Old 05-13-2021, 09:09 AM   #28
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Why no stripper LT1s on dealer lots? Simple - they don’t sell.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote