Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 05-13-2016, 10:27 PM   #1
Aelrah

Drives: 2SS
30 miles on odometer already

So I was supposed to take delivery of my camaro today but everything has halted because I'm pretty upset with the dealer.

From the beginning, we had placed our order and printed off the inspection checklist and gave it to the dealer, so they knew that we wanted to see the car before anything was done to it. I didn't get a phone call or email from my dealer on the status of the order. When I would call them I had to leave a message for them to call me back which they never did. Thankfully Becky is here and I was able to find out what week it was going to be built.
Fast forward to today. When we got there they had washed the car which would be ok for the most part but there are swirl marks all over the car now. They put the dealer sticker on and did the pdm which we asked them to not do until I got there. When we did the test drive I checked the mileage and it had 30 miles already. When I asked about the mileage they said it arrived with 17 and they did 10 for the pdm. I was expecting the car to arrive with 15 or less if the car was basically made for me.

With all that, am I being too critical? I mean I asked them a month ago to not wash it, no dealer emblem, and not to drive the car and I gave them the checklist from camaro 6. Should I worry about it having 30 miles already?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Aelrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:40 PM   #2
Wheel Team 6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelrah View Post
So I was supposed to take delivery of my camaro today but everything has halted because I'm pretty upset with the dealer.

From the beginning, we had placed our order and printed off the inspection checklist and gave it to the dealer, so they knew that we wanted to see the car before anything was done to it. I didn't get a phone call or email from my dealer on the status of the order. When I would call them I had to leave a message for them to call me back which they never did. Thankfully Becky is here and I was able to find out what week it was going to be built.
Fast forward to today. When we got there they had washed the car which would be ok for the most part but there are swirl marks all over the car now. They put the dealer sticker on and did the pdm which we asked them to not do until I got there. When we did the test drive I checked the mileage and it had 30 miles already. When I asked about the mileage they said it arrived with 17 and they did 10 for the pdm. I was expecting the car to arrive with 15 or less if the car was basically made for me.

With all that, am I being too critical? I mean I asked them a month ago to not wash it, no dealer emblem, and not to drive the car and I gave them the checklist from camaro 6. Should I worry about it having 30 miles already?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I don't think so. My reasoning was similar. Had a dealer lie to me car had 20 to over 100 miles on it from the time I put a deposit on it then came back 2 weeks later then got my deposit back. I don't like being lied to. Was told no test drive joy rides on a new 50+ k car as they had a demo to find out they toss a dealer tag on and drive home at night.

Went elsewhere ordered the car and checked it out before PDI today and here is the odometer.
Attached Images

Wheel Team 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:45 PM   #3
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
You got me beat, 4 miles on mine!
OP, it seems like you ordered your car, I'd be disappointed in it having 30 miles already, along with not listening to all your other instructions.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 04:09 AM   #4
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
Mine was at the plant 11+ weeks and it arrived with 6 miles on it. 8 after the fuel up. The detail lady took it up for gas. No issues with her.

In short my pre delivery inspection netted 0.1 miles. Went from service bay (PDI) to body shop bay (LPO install) to detail bay.

Your choice but obviously it was driven.
Old 05-14-2016, 04:25 AM   #5
G6CamJK

Drives: 16 2SS Convertible, 08 JKU
Mine came with 6 miles and a full tank.

I did not mention miles specifically with my sales person. I think he picked up on my expectations when as I was waiting for my custom ordered car a 2SS, A8 Coupe came onto the lot. He offered me a test drive in it but I declined telling him since he & I both know I have zero interest in buying the Coupe why put miles on it?
Old 05-14-2016, 07:34 AM   #6
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Don't buy it, because of this! Joy Ride
Attached Images

MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 07:45 AM   #7
therza

Drives: 2014 shelby
For me, that would be a deal breaker. 30 miles is ridiculous on an ordered car. Somebody drove that car and you don't know how they drove it.

It would bug me. And its a lot of money. You should get what you want and what you specified.

I am dealing with my own "issues at delivery". My car only has 4 miles on it. It is had 30, there would be no issues as there would be no delivery!
therza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 07:59 AM   #8
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelrah View Post
With all that, am I being too critical?
Should I worry about it having 30 miles already?
Yup
Nope

Some cars get miles put on them for QC at the plant. Corvettes are regularly delivered with 20-25 miles from the factory if they've been selected for QC and those buyers are as Paranoid/OCD/Entitled as any.
I'd much rather leave the dealer in a car I knew had run a few miles....There have been stories here of guys who haven't gotten far before problems surfaced. There was far more stress put on the car during it's run in check on the plant Dynos than anyone is likely to do on a test drive.
I've bought new cars with anywhere from 4 to 350 miles. My Camaro had 48. Big deal....I put another 100 on it on the way home. It's not meant to be a museum queen..

I'd be PO'd about the poor prep though. The miles should be the least of your concerns..

Last edited by Modshack; 05-14-2016 at 09:45 AM.
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 09:53 AM   #9
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
You got in it with 30 they said it came with 17 plus 10 they put on, where did the 3 other miles go...catching lies in their excuses they're making it too easy. Also they failed on the no wash, test drive, emblems, getting further displeased...and they gave the the shaft not returning your calls and not picking up when you call? Playing mind games with you from the start, this dealer treating you sub par. But what can you do, is it already in your driveway? Did they wrong you enough to say "up yours!", or have they done good things for you in the past and you can let this slide?

Some people go through 69 different cars in their life so getting a new car with almost 100km on it might not be a big deal for them, but for us guys who like to keep a car for a long time don't settle with a brand new 50km car...
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 10:06 AM   #10
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker128 View Post

Some people go through 69 different cars in their life so getting a new car with almost 100km on it might not be a big deal for them, but for us guys who like to keep a car for a long time don't settle with a brand new 50km car...
Well...One thing I've learned after all those cars is that it really doesn't matter much at all.....Certainly Not in the age of 5 year powertrain warranties.

If the OP is that upset, walk away. It's that simple. Order another car, possibly at a higher price, and wait another 8-10 weeks. That'll show em...Yup!

Personally, I'd take it home, give it a good Polish and sealant application, and start enjoying it today...within a week it'll have quadruple+ the miles on it anyway.

(16 year old virgins are hard to find too....)
Old 05-14-2016, 10:52 AM   #11
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Drives: 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I wouldn't worry about the miles. My ordered 13 GT came in with 52 miles due to being pulled for random QC from Ford. Your warranty starts at milage at delivery. I would be worried since they didn't follow your checklist and poorly washing it and slapping a sticker on the back.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:15 AM   #12
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
Don't sweat the miles, it happens. Like another poster mentioned some cars get pulled for QC and arrive with more miles. I don't know why the dealer would put another 10 on it though unless someone took it for a ride. They take it around the block for a PDI.

I definitely would have them buff out all the swirls before taking delivery though, that is pretty careless.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:10 PM   #13
catzgomew

Drives: 2016 V6 A8 2LT Silver Ice Coupe ZN2
Some of these car dealers are total liars. I'd be pissed over it. As a matter of fact, I plan on going to my dealer tuesday and talking to them about my expectations for delivery. And after everything else I went through at the first dealer, lying to me about avail allocation, they damn well better not screw up my paint and run up a bunch of miles on it.

So where is this check list you all speak of?
catzgomew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 11:02 PM   #14
TransAmx2

Drives: '98 Pontiac Trans Am
I can't speak for all dealerships, but when i was in community college (20 years ago) i worked at a Chevy dealer in upstate NY we would see new cars delivered with all sorts of different milage.

The "lot boys " who were in charge of taking delivery of the new cars and filing out delivery paperwork weren't even aloud dealer plates to take a car off the lot unless it needed to be driven for gas across the street or something, sure if it was a new model or special they would spend extra time in it playing with the new bells and whistles but they weren't racking up extra miles.

The techs who would do the pdi would drive it to make sure everything worked but in reality there were much fewer "joy rides"than you would think.

To put it simply these techs get paid flat rate (.5 hours or so to complete a camaro pdi). And it would typically take that long to complete, now they could spend the next 30 minutes going for a cruise but in reality they would all rather get to the next pdi and make another .5 hours of pay.

We (techs) would take it on a 5 minute drive to make sure it didn't have vibrations at speed and cruise control worked but that typically only added up to 5 or so miles. Again i can't speak for what is typical across all dealerships just what i experienced.

Also in my experience at my old dealership those keys never made it to the sales department key machine if they were a customer order. I have known salesmen to take new cars for joy rides if they have the ability.

I do remember customer prep requests and if requested no dealership stickers, license plate frames or prep cleaning would be done on customer ordered cars. I know the big one at the time was drilling the front license plate bracket into the nose of a 4th gen camaro, it got to the point where we wouldn't put any of them on and let the owner decide.
TransAmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote