Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-04-2016, 12:38 PM   #1
joehouse

Drives: 1986 Trans Am
Is the dealer lying to me?

Hi guys I just pulled the gun on a 2ss that I custom built, I'm trading in my 86 trans am. The dealer said they might have to take the car first because people don't want a trans am in the fall, which I'm not giving up until I get the othe car in my hands, I was hoping becky could help discern if the dealer actually ordered the car and if it's really 42k like they told me it would be. This is my first new car purchase and I'm not sure whats going on. here is the build sheet they sent me. P.s I didn't put down a deposit or anything. They said not to until I get the car. They also said I don't get a vin number until the car is built is this true>?
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2016, 02:08 PM   #2
PbanySS3

Drives: 07 C6, G8, S3
Most NYC dealers will try to rip you off unless you are close with the owner/general sales manager.

I would not give them the trade until delivery time. Once they have your trade they kinda have you by the balls.
PbanySS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:29 PM   #3
joehouse

Thanks I wont give them the trade until I get the car!
Old 07-04-2016, 02:51 PM   #4
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
The key is the code on the sheet that says retail stock. That means he's ordering it for his inventory, not your car , not for you, specifically. You may buy this car, but there's nothing here to say it's yours. they want you to wait on pricing so they can change the pricing if they want. Whatever you do , do not give up your car. You lose a Ton of leverage when you do that.

You want to ask for a GM workbench report., Which you can print, and look for the production code of 2000. That means they're building a car for you. Lots of threads on this in the pricing section ,read up on a few of them and you know the drill

This is a really good one
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438736

Last edited by Glen e; 07-04-2016 at 03:09 PM. Reason: You want to ask for a GM workbench report., Which you can friend, and look for the production code of 2000. That means they'r
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:07 PM   #5
KyBoy

Drives: '17 2SS H50
I almost made the fatal mistake of giving up my trade in, 16 grand worth. They said to wait so I could get trade in taxes knocked off (whatever that means). I kept the car, haven't even driven it for a month (I'm an honest person) so they wouldn't be getting a trade in with lots more miles then they bargained for.

I did give them 1K deposit which I will be retrieving tomorrow. Over a month later, still parked at 1100. So I called and said cancel it, I'll pick up the deposit Tuesday, they simply said "ok".

Now take a glance at my sig.

Heath
Contacted Becky - 7/1
2000 - 7/5
3000 - 7/6
3000 - 7/11 TPW 8/1
3100 - 7/18 TPW 8/1
3300 - 7/20
3400 - 7/21
Built - 8/2 - PS 1,182/1 of 699US
4300 - 8/3
5000 - 8/5
6000 - 8/13
KyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 06:02 PM   #6
joehouse

These are correct, I had a feeling they are trying to douupe me, I'm reading the link you commented now. They have the car at 42 k and said that's the price it would be fully loaded (which I highly doubt) I'm going to get the print out when these fools come back. Do you think they will really try to rip me off badly with the trade in?