Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-16-2020, 09:46 AM   #673
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Apocalypse View Post
Just ordered mine, interested to feel the difference compared to the Mamo PTB I'm currently using.
Nah bro, you should have got the mamo v2 thats jus released. It so much of. Difference Im scared to punch it now!!!! Read the thread a couple ways up
Old 02-16-2020, 11:06 AM   #674
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Nah bro, you should have got the mamo v2 thats jus released. It so much of. Difference Im scared to punch it now!!!! Read the thread a couple ways up
That question has been answered countless times by folks who have actually tried other brands and ours.

Below is the specific customer answer in this case (Call it our V0 or intial release if you will), also in this thread, which by the way we'd like to keep its focus on Soler Performance LLC and not as a platform for advertising competitors products, each vendor has its own threads, please post there.

Since then we have included improvements as they become feasible and after being tested. We just did not call them V2, V3, TB-X, etc. With us, you'll simply get the latest and greatest available at the moment, and we never stop thinking about ways to improve them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Apocalypse View Post
Hey all, wanted to leave my review so far of Mike’s PTB. I had a TM ported TB on my car for about 1000 miles before trying the Soler TB. Because of this Mike recommended trying his LT4 TB to see if any CELs would pop up as ported LT4 TBs can do this as they are ported more aggressively. I only have approx. 200 miles (she’s my DD so stop and go, highway and the occasional full boogie rip) on the Soler TB but so far there are no CELs. Cold starts had a bit of surging initially with RPM going from 1100 or so down to 700, back to 1100 then back to normal. This is gone now as the ECM continues to learn, per Mike I didn’t unplug the battery when installing, he suggested starting/shutting off the engine a few times then driving normally. Since I already had a ported TB installed, he felt an ECM re-learn wasn’t necessary. Engine braking is reduced, which isn’t a surprise, not a big deal but it is noticeable. What is noticeable is the difference accelerating from a stop, the car just feels lighter, more willing to get out of it’s own way and not stumble on its face. Now, there was a big difference going from stock to the TM TB so I didn’t think there would be much of a change with Soler TB but after reading reviews from the Vette guys I wanted to give it a shot. Glad I did, the car is so much more fun to drive now. I’ve had to adjust my driving style a bit as I will sometimes rev higher than where I want to be since I’m anticipating the hesitation/bog I had before. I’m not saying it was bad with the Mamo TB but it was there, it is still there with the Soler TB but has been reduced even more. A tune/PTB would get rid of it completely I’m sure but I can always swap my stock TB back if I need warranty work, I don’t want to risk a tune right now. All in all, even if you already have a ported TB I say give Soler a shot, I can’t imagine you’ll be disappointed. Mike has been great to work with, quickly responds to any questions before and after the sale. I’ll continue to monitor drivability and report back if there are any changes, so far I couldn’t be happier. The only gripe I have is I wish Mike had come out with his TBs before I bought my TM. lol

Last edited by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC; 02-16-2020 at 11:14 AM. Reason: typo
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 12:58 PM   #675
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Some people just don't have class, smdh.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:45 PM   #676
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Not to change the subject, but to change the subject... I have the Soler TB and TC...love them both.
Now this is where the TC has come in handy!
It's been raining here in Austin TX for the past week or so, some days heavy and others light. Never the less, traction is almost null with the Nittos 555.
However, I tried turning down the TC to OEM and comp mode to Wet, I gained so much more traction...not Subaru traction, but still traction.

The back end only got loose once...and not too much either when I accelerated in second.
So, I decided to do all my starts in 2nd gear, OEM on the TC and Wet on the comp mode. That seems to work best with the Nittos.

Now prior to the TC I had my SS tuned for better acceleration, but no matter how much I tried to modulate the throttle, the car would still loose traction.

So the Soler TC is not only for better acceleration on dry roads, it's also great on wet roads in the right mode.

I did try EC mode, but I thought I was going to have to push the car...

For those who did not get the Soler TC, you need to at minimum try it...you'll be like Mikey, and like it...hmmm I think I just aged myself!
Old 02-24-2020, 03:03 PM   #677
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
That ^^^^. Thanks, overkill. The advantage of customizing the throttle feel at your fingertips. Somewhat doing what the driving mode selector doesn't, in terms of throttle response.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:58 AM   #678
HyperBlue2017

Drives: 2018 Camaro Hyper Blue 2SS
Ordered mine, be here next week..can't wait to get it on and try it.
HyperBlue2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 08:26 PM   #679
Ajs16400

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Convertible
Just ordered a throttle body and controller can wait to see the difference it will make. Very excited for the parts to show up.
Ajs16400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:50 PM   #680
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Happy camper here.

I installed the Soler LT5 throttle body with the included adapter earlier today. The product shows great workmanship and esthetics as to its custom parts and modifications. No issues whatsoever, no CEL or any unexpected weirdness; for the record, the car had already been tuned for the standard LT5 TB.

After the full reset (battery disconnect overnight) and idle+throttle position learning procedure described in the instructions, there was an immediate, but not very pronounced difference during the first mile. Then as I proceeded further and further into the test drive, it got progressively better, after 30-40 miles the initial dead spot is apparently gone, yet—and best of all—the car isn't "lurchy" or undriveable.

Still haven't finished the learning process, but partial throttle response already feels the way I would've expected from day one

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 07:30 PM   #681
LinPark

Drives: 2017 2SS Vert Hyper Blue A8
After following this thread for what seems like forever, I finally placed my order for the LT1 TB just now - excited to try it out.
LinPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 11:02 AM   #682
LinPark

Attempting to do the install later today along with upgrading to a Roto-Fab CAI from stock. Assume it is ok to do both at the same time and then the relearn will take both into consideration. Is that the best way to go?
Old 06-23-2020, 11:40 AM   #683
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinPark View Post
Attempting to do the install later today along with upgrading to a Roto-Fab CAI from stock. Assume it is ok to do both at the same time and then the relearn will take both into consideration. Is that the best way to go?
From what I've read it should be fine, but I'd wait for Soler to chime in on this. Please keep us posted on all this goes when you get it installed. I just bought one of their ported throttle bodies, and it will be paired with my Airaid setup. I'm gonna post on here and give my impressions as well
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 01:23 PM   #684
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
I'd do that too. Definitely do the full relearn though, disconnect the battery for at least 8 hrs.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 02:44 PM   #685
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
That's what i did, except i went with Mamo and rotofab. I didn't do the relearn, just swapped it and took it easy for 30-40 miles varying RPM so the computer can adjust. I noticed a huge difference right after i put her on. The rotofab sounds fantastic too.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 05:46 PM   #686
LinPark

Operation is complete - waiting to bring everything back online - found this when removing the old throttle body:

Car only has about 8k miles on it - would a catch can prevent this?