What was MSRP?
MSRP was 65k
gearhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:43 AM   #30
mr.aqua

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
It’s not there anymore if it was. Maybe it’s the same hb manual at Courtesy w/19k mi for $49k. Not excited about that price/miles tbh.
I checked out the HB manual at Courtesy yesterday. 1st time driving a 6 gen and I came away super impressed. They aren't budging on the price of 49,750 ATM. 19k miles and it's CPO... worth it? MSRP I'm guessing was around 64-65k new.
mr.aqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:19 AM   #31
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
I’d only go A10 this time around. Just tired of shifting/clutching.
Bagging the Camaro idea for now. Don’t want to spend the $. I think I like the idea/fun of owning/searching for one more than anything. Plus I’ve bought/sold way too many cars lately. The amount of sales tax I’ve paid alone... Need to take a break.

Reality is I’d barely have circumstances to drive it much. I take my dogs places in my Golf. And I drive to places where often parallel parking on side streets. i also remember how much I didn’t enjoy parking my 1SS. Could never tell where the front end was and backing it in wasn’t much better.

Since my Mustang GT and SS, still liking my first ever smaller car/Golf diesel tank. No rocket ship obviously but it will still hit 90 with ease on an good uphill and the torque is fun around town. I’ll park it anywhere and not worry about it. Relief in many ways not having to worry about that stuff.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:37 AM   #32
mr.aqua

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Bagging the Camaro idea for now. Don’t want to spend the $. I think I like the idea/fun of owning/searching for one more than anything. Plus I’ve bought/sold way too many cars lately. The amount of sales tax I’ve paid alone... Need to take a break.

Reality is I’d barely have circumstances to drive it much. I take my dogs places in my Golf. And I drive to places where often parallel parking on side streets. i also remember how much I didn’t enjoy parking my 1SS. Could never tell where the front end was and backing it in wasn’t much better.

Since my Mustang GT and SS, still liking my first ever smaller car/Golf diesel tank. No rocket ship obviously but it will still hit 90 with ease on an good uphill and the torque is fun around town. I’ll park it anywhere and not worry about it. Relief in many ways not having to worry about that stuff.
You sound like me! I get a lot of joy from the "search" but when I commit to the buy the joy declines.. along with having a payment lol.

Sales tax is a killer for sure. That's the main issue I have with buying and selling. Depreciation is one thing but the taxes you never get back.
mr.aqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:58 PM   #33
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.aqua View Post
You sound like me! I get a lot of joy from the "search" but when I commit to the buy the joy declines.. along with having a payment lol.

Sales tax is a killer for sure. That's the main issue I have with buying and selling. Depreciation is one thing but the taxes you never get back.
Right b/c serial car buyers/shoppers like myself gets most of the buzz from the hunt. Once you have the car, the hunt is over. Buzz gone. Must get buzz from only the car. That doesn't last long since buzz is based on novelty/chase and while a ZL1 A10 will stay fun for awhile, it will lose its novelty to a degree inevitably. Hence the need for new buzz and searching for another car. Hell, I used to get a great buzz when dumping an expensive car I barely used and searching for a much cheaper sensible car. Internet of course enhances the buzz as you can go into fantasy mode much faster and easier with so much stimuli. But if I could afford the ZL1 comfortably (pay cash like I do for all my cars) and it was practical for what I use it for, I'd go for one anyway.

Last edited by cbr1100xx; 10-14-2018 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:59 AM   #34
wlsmoku

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
I would keep searching, it took me a couple months, but this last march I bought a used 2018 (1373 miles) black, a10 with PDR, no sunroof ZL1 for 53k.
wlsmoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:40 AM   #35
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
After coming from a GT350, I would pick a ZL1 over an SS 1LE. It is just that much better. Buying the SS 1LE and adding mods would not increase the value much. The ZL1 is what someone would be aspiring to, so why not just get it.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:15 AM   #36
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlsmoku View Post
I would keep searching, it took me a couple months, but this last march I bought a used 2018 (1373 miles) black, a10 with PDR, no sunroof ZL1 for 53k.
That's a great deal. I'd jump on something like that. Closer to $50 for an A10 is my budget. Although black looks awesome (and I think best) and a lot of ZL1s seem to be black, it's almost a deal breaker color for me as it looks dirty so quickly.....drives me nuts.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:35 AM   #37
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:

You made a smart move. Chevrolet will be making these cars for a least several more years. By next year you will be in much better shape, more money in the bank, and dealers will be offering deals to unload the "old" 2019s. Also, buying what the factory offers stock, vs. mods is always better.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:48 PM   #38
BlueSteel07

Drives: Nothing
Quote:
I guess I’m also spooked on the price of a ZL1. Yes it’s practically a (liveable) supercar bargain. But 53% of salary and 10% of net worth (not including equity in my condo) on a 2nd car that won’t be a DD, and I work from home, seems like a bit of a stretch. And yes I need to keep my other car for various reasons.
No need to humble brag on your Net worth, Salary and how fiscally responsible you are; you can easily afford one if you wanted. I do agree though that sometimes the thrill of the chase is more fun than the actual car.
BlueSteel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:44 PM   #39
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteel07 View Post
No need to humble brag on your Net worth, Salary and how fiscally responsible you are; you can easily afford one if you wanted. I do agree though that sometimes the thrill of the chase is more fun than the actual car.
Humble brag? I bring it up for the opposite reason. I think it's most likely too LOW to be spending $60K on a car. Yes, I could afford it and make it work. But I've always believed you should pay cash for cars (never made payments) and it should be something you can write a check for and not make a dent. $60K is just not an easy check to swallow. I'd love to find a used ZL1 A10 for around $50K w/low miles. No luck so far.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:04 PM   #40
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Humble brag? I bring it up for the opposite reason. I think it's most likely too LOW to be spending $60K on a car. Yes, I could afford it and make it work. But I've always believed you should pay cash for cars (never made payments) and it should be something you can write a check for and not make a dent. $60K is just not an easy check to swallow. I'd love to find a used ZL1 A10 for around $50K w/low miles. No luck so far.
What VW do you drive?

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:52 PM   #41
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 View Post
What VW do you drive?
'15 Golf TDI dsg. Also have a '14 Jetta SE 1.8. The Jetta gets lent to my senior parents 4.5 months out of the year when they stay 7hrs north of me, so they don't have to rent a car.

If I got the ZL1, I'd probably sell the Jetta and lend my parents the TDI....although they always return my car with some nice new marks/scratches on the car.

TDI is my first diesel ever. Never thought I'd like a diesel but I love this little thing. And zero rattles at 16K miles. My Focus ST rattled from day one. My '15 Mustang GT had intermittant rattles on rear passenger side but wasn't that bad. My '09 Vette targa top rattled more than most toddler toys.

Last edited by cbr1100xx; 10-15-2018 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:20 PM   #42
BlueSteel07

Drives: Nothing
Quote:
'15 Golf TDI dsg. Also have a '14 Jetta SE 1.8. The Jetta gets lent to my senior parents 4.5 months out of the year when they stay 7hrs north of me, so they don't have to rent a car.

If I got the ZL1, I'd probably sell the Jetta and lend my parents the TDI....although they always return my car with some nice new marks/scratches on the car.

TDI is my first diesel ever. Never thought I'd like a diesel but I love this little thing. And zero rattles at 16K miles. My Focus ST rattled from day one. My '15 Mustang GT had intermittant rattles on rear passenger side but wasn't that bad. My '09 Vette targa top rattled more than most toddler toys.
You should be able to find a used Automatic ZL1 for low 50's if you choose to go that route. My Focus ST does rattle some too and it has such a high Clutch engagement point; hopefully the clutch isn't going out with under 40k miles on it. Do you go by Nomadic on the Mustang Forum by chance? It's a random question but I was curious.
BlueSteel07 is offline   Reply With Quote