Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 10-15-2018, 08:54 AM   #1
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Launching 1LE at the Strip

So I bought the car mainly for autocross and road coarse events, however I will be going to the strip on occasion.

Last Saturday was my first trip, and I really struggled launching the car.

First off trying to get a decent burnout (was in Comp Driving / Race) and I still couldn't get more than about three turns from the tires without the ABS holding the tires.

Secondly, tried multiple launch techniques. Went with the full blown launch mode (comp driving, 1st gear, mash to the floor and the car holds 3100rpm), regardless of how slow I let the clutch out I still had a ton of wheel spin.

It was cold (50 degrees daytime temp, was upper 30s the night before), and I was down to 19lbs of air in the GoodYears. I was able to get enough grip on the last pass to at least get wheel hop, but in the end I was a best 60' of 2.3s.

Any advice?
DorkMissile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:05 AM   #2
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
so launching these cars (M6) are extremely hard, i have yet been successful with finding the best mode to do it. I've ran a better time when just tapping traction control once when launching the car, as far as a burnout, a stand still burnout just isnt' happening with me. If i want to sit there and burnout i'll be needing a line lock on the car. So instead i full turn off Traction control by holding it down until both indicators light up on the dash and have that in any "mode" and just drop the clutch.
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:13 AM   #3
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Drives: 2017 1LE
okay i thought it was just mean.. but i cant do standstill burnout also.. it just wants to fall on it face and shut off.. tried it in 2nd gear also.. nothing. this is with traction control off.
Twoblindsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:27 PM   #4
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
On the street I've used launch control to great success, took a few runs to get it down and figure how just how to release the clutch but once you figure it out it's repeatable. Have had a few almost-no-wheel spin runs that got me a few 4.3 and 4.5 0 to 60 runs, however the one run I had at the strip was awful. It was my first time and I blew it, wheel spin, and bogg, on top of a terrible reaction time lol. No lowered tire pressure or burnout either. On top of that it had a possibly compromised diff, being that it blew a few hours later, and still managed a 2.5. I'm sure it has a 2.0 maybe even a 1.9 just dropping the clutch at 2500 instead of using LC. You can probably bring that 2.3 down with some more practice or slipping the clutch on your own.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 06:08 PM   #5
Tim M

I recently purchased a 2018 1LE LT1. I was under the impression that this model does *not* have launch control.

Am I correct?

Thanks.
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:28 PM   #6
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
I recently purchased a 2018 1LE LT1. I was under the impression that this model does *not* have launch control.

Am I correct?

Thanks.
It does, put it in competative drive mode. Then hold the clutch and mash the gas 100%. The revs will climb to almost 6k but then come down and hold around 3.5k, at the point launch control has been activated. Smoothly but not slowly let off the clutch and the torque management systems help you out a lot. I usually use it in sport mode, and tap tc twice for competative driving mode but if you use your track mode ptm modes, I've heard using launch control with the ptm mode 5 is best for a prepped surface while the others are more for street and unprepped surfaces.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 07:06 AM   #7
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
All 6th gen Camaro's SS and higher have launch control.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:57 PM   #8
Tim M

I did not know this. So hit TC twice and clutch in / accel WOT and the rpms should hold at 3500.

May have to try this out at the next drag visit.

Thanks!
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:29 AM   #9
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
yes, you have to either be in "Sport" mode or "Track" mode for it to work. In Sport mode press the T/C button twice, you will get the notification on the dash of "Competition mode". Then as long as the car is warmed up and the steering wheel is pointed straight with the car in 1st gear push the clutch in and floor the throttle. The rpm's will climb to the 3500 area and hold, then when ready release the clutch in a quick but fluid motion.

From there you can keep the throttle pinned and on the 1-2 shift just push the clutch in and shift from 1st to 2nd and then let the clutch out. RPM's have to be over 5k to use the No Lift Shift feature. You can do this for the remaining shifts and not have to lift the throttle at all.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:48 AM   #10
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
I will be purchasing a Line lock kit for my 1LE, so once i get it installed i'll post a video on it. maybe that will do the trick for a stand still. now if that doesnt work that will truly SUCK!
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 03:42 AM   #11
JonD

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Just hit the track for the first time and it’s very easy to do a burnout in the box with the 1LE. Drop the hammer and left toe the brake very lightly while letting them tires spin. Left off the brake and roll out.

Now launching is a whole different story as even at 3k I was blowing the tires off trying to launch. Best I could muster here in AZ was a 12.8 @ 112 bone stock with a weaker launch and bogging a bit as anything harder spun bad

Last edited by JonD; 10-27-2018 at 01:32 PM.
JonD is offline   Reply With Quote