Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 10-21-2021, 10:18 AM   #15
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
I just sold my 19 ZL1 to VROOM for $62K. The process is slow and at times VROOM goes dark, so to speak. But at the end of the day, everything worked out.
If you do go with them, be sure to send VROOM the Bill of Lading that you will get from the pickup driver. VROOM didn't tell, nor the driver, but this document triggers the funds transfer. When I didn't receive my funds after the 2-3 "as advertised", I called and discovered they were waiting on BOL. Once they received that, it was 5 working days, when I got my money.
I have to admit it was a little scary because it is completely different experience then trading it in.
But I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Just be patient!!
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 10:48 AM   #16
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
They take the car before giving up the money?!?!? Wow!!
No way I would deal with them if I wasn’t getting this feedback from you guys saying that it’s legit.
That’s a hell of a business model, I would hate to have to convince an investor to fund my company with that business model hahaha.

Thank you all for the feedback !! I’m getting the car washed first thing tomorrow and Then Im taking it to three or four local dealers.

I love the recommendation to bring the car keys and the title with me. That should be a great way to show that I am serious.

I’ll keep you guys posted.

Kind of starting to feel the sellers remorse (and I haven’t even sold it yet)……. But, my goal has always been to own a classic Bel Air, impala or Chevelle. If Im gonna get one I need to sale on of mine.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 10:50 AM   #17
Flytetymex

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1
I definitely felt sellers remorse but the 12K profit I was getting for it helped a lot. Plus, I'm sure another ZL1 or Blackwing will be in my future at some point. Best of luck to you.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Flytetymex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 10:52 AM   #18
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
They take the car before giving up the money?!?!? Wow!!
No way I would deal with them if I wasn’t getting this feedback from you guys saying that it’s legit.
That’s a hell of a business model, I would hate to have to convince an investor to fund my company with that business model hahaha.

Thank you all for the feedback !! I’m getting the car washed first thing tomorrow and Then Im taking it to three or four local dealers.

I love the recommendation to bring the car keys and the title with me. That should be a great way to show that I am serious.

I’ll keep you guys posted.

Kind of starting to feel the sellers remorse (and I haven’t even sold it yet)……. But, my goal has always been to own a classic Bel Air, impala or Chevelle. If Im gonna get one I need to sale on of mine.
Its no different than selling a car to a dealership which I've done on several occasions. You give them the car and the check comes a few weeks later. I'd sell the Hellcat before the ZL1.
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 10:54 AM   #19
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flytetymex View Post
I definitely felt sellers remorse but the 12K profit I was getting for it helped a lot. Plus, I'm sure another ZL1 or Blackwing will be in my future at some point. Best of luck to you.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Im definitely not making a profit on mine. After it was all said and done I paid around 64K for mine.

I just hope I get an offer from one of the dealerships somewhere above 60K. I’d rather deal with them than with Vroom.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Old 10-21-2021, 10:57 AM   #20
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Its no different than selling a car to a dealership which I've done on several occasions. You give them the car and the check comes a few weeks later. I'd sell the Hellcat before the ZL1.
Curious to hear your reasoning for selling the Hellcat instead of the Z. (Im not attacking ya in any way). Im genuinely curious.

I personally have more fun in the Hellcat on public roads.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 10-21-2021, 11:21 AM   #21
j o n

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #0058
Just sold a car to Carvana 10/6. Had contract with Vroom prior to that.

As other's said... Vroom takes your car. No money exchanged. You're responsible for any liability during 3rd party transport. They can edit the sale price upon inspection after 3rd party transport. Check/deposit comes after inspection, no guarantee on duration of days. Similar process for paying off lien on car. Transferring title too.

Carvana was 3 day process. Beginning to end. Paid upon pick-up of car. Still netted money on sale. Vroom would have netted me $2k more. Not worth the risk though.

Fun fact, last night I got a call from the Vroom 3rd party transport company, wanted to pick up my car today 10/21 (no communication to them I cancelled contract). That's how long it was going to take just to pick up my car. Initially started the process with Vroom in Sept. They are extremely slow. Friends have had similar experience too.
- '15 Z/28 #0058 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
- '22 Ridgeline RTL | White | Ebony, '22 CR-V EX-L Hybrid | White | Ebony
Sold:
- '15 Z/28 #0048 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
https://www.instagram.com/__jon__athan__/
j o n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 11:24 AM   #22
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Curious to hear your reasoning for selling the Hellcat instead of the Z. (Im not attacking ya in any way). Im genuinely curious.

I personally have more fun in the Hellcat on public roads.
What about the Hellcat is more fun on public roads? More playful? Less traction? Comfort/Visibility?

I was going back and forth between a Hellcat and Camaro ZL1, in the end I preferred the complete package of the Camaro for the price as well as less weight, crisper handling, amazing 10-speed transmission, etc. I also felt if I was going to get a Hellcat it needed to be the wide-body and the cost delta increased quite a bit to about $7-8k once you add the Alcantara and 8 speed auto transmission.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 11:25 AM   #23
Alain

Im responsible for the safety of the car during transport ????

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 10-21-2021, 11:31 AM   #24
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
What about the Hellcat is more fun on public roads? More playful? Less traction? Comfort/Visibility?

I was going back and forth between a Hellcat and Camaro ZL1, in the end I preferred the complete package of the Camaro for the price as well as less weight, crisper handling, amazing 10-speed transmission, etc. I also felt if I was going to get a Hellcat it needed to be the wide-body and the cost delta increased quite a bit to about $7-8k once you add the Alcantara and 8 speed auto transmission.
Hellcat is much more “playful”, that is a great way to put it.

I’m also big on sound, the camaro is too quiet in stock form. I have a Roto Fab on the Camaro and it’s still too quiet for my taste. I hate that I have to spend the money on an exhaust to get the sound I want out of it.

Comfort is another one.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 10-21-2021, 11:46 AM   #25
Zl1+911

Drives: 997 GTS, ZL1 A10, ZLEM6, ZLEA10
Quote:
Originally Posted by j o n View Post
Just sold a car to Carvana 10/6. Had contract with Vroom prior to that.

As other's said... Vroom takes your car. No money exchanged. You're responsible for any liability during 3rd party transport. They can edit the sale price upon inspection after 3rd party transport. Check/deposit comes after inspection, no guarantee on duration of days. Similar process for paying off lien on car. Transferring title too.

Carvana was 3 day process. Beginning to end. Paid upon pick-up of car. Still netted money on sale. Vroom would have netted me $2k more. Not worth the risk though.

Fun fact, last night I got a call from the Vroom 3rd party transport company, wanted to pick up my car today 10/21 (no communication to them I cancelled contract). That's how long it was going to take just to pick up my car. Initially started the process with Vroom in Sept. They are extremely slow. Friends have had similar experience too.

I disagree - having sold two cars on V, the money is processed once the car is picked up - it’s not based on inspection …I am sure both V and C have legal language in their contract that gives them the right to come after you if misrepresentation has been made….
Zl1+911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 11:56 AM   #26
10mm
Account Suspended

Drives: My wife nuts...
Vroom is a good place to sell, not buy.

I just sold a vehicle through them and they gave me a great price.
I had a check on my doorstep 6 days after I started the deal.
(they 2 day fedex the funds)
Was skeptical at first but I'm a believer.

Drive your Z over to a CarMax and see what they offer also.
10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 12:26 PM   #27
raptor5244

Quote:
Hellcat is much more “playful”, that is a great way to put it.

I’m also big on sound, the camaro is too quiet in stock form. I have a Roto Fab on the Camaro and it’s still too quiet for my taste. I hate that I have to spend the money on an exhaust to get the sound I want out of it.

Comfort is another one.
Yeah, I think the Camaro closes the exhaust valves at low speeds as well, which keeps it quiet. Could pull the fuse. For me the ZL1 is loud because I just traded a Tesla Model 3 Performance for it.
2019 Tesla Model 3
Old 10-21-2021, 12:28 PM   #28
raptor5244

As mentioned, check Carmax as well. Carvana and Carmax were within $500 for me and Vroom was the highest but they also waited 2-3 days to pay you vs. an immediate check.
2019 Tesla Model 3