Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 09-16-2021, 06:40 AM   #15
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Stop lights is why I like round abouts. They are putting more and more of them in around here, and they are so much better then stop lights.
Here there is a interstate expansion project going on that use a turbine interchange where 3 freeways join. Basically a roundabout that will cover about 500 acres in order to do at speed entrances and exits. My house is about 1 mile south of where this will be. With the way people here drive I'm looking forward to sitting out on my deck and listening to the loud booms from all the accidents.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 07:56 AM   #16
JKSully

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS, 20 Subaru Crosstrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Here there is a interstate expansion project going on that use a turbine interchange where 3 freeways join. Basically a roundabout that will cover about 500 acres in order to do at speed entrances and exits. My house is about 1 mile south of where this will be. With the way people here drive I'm looking forward to sitting out on my deck and listening to the loud booms from all the accidents.
At least you're far enough away that you won't have to worry about street racers landing on your house when they overdo it on a ramp...

2022 | 2SS | M6 | NPP | Summit White | Carbon Flash Wheels | Black Lugs | Red Calipers | Adrenaline Red | Red Knee Pads | Nav |
- 1100 - 8/16/21
- 3000 - 9/21/21 - TPW 10/18/21
- 3400 - 10/1/21
- 3800 - 10/20/21 - built 10/19/21
- 5000 - 11/12/21
- 6000 - 11/13/21
JKSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:04 AM   #17
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Get a dash cam. Gen5DIY can make you a wiring harness that taps into the onstar/mirror for power and avoids you having to tap into it yourself or run 10 feet of wire. It was the easiest dash cam install I ever did.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=583468
Old 09-16-2021, 08:25 AM   #18
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
So I was waiting behind a vehicle at a stop light at a T-intersection. Could only turn left or right. There was one vehicle ahead of me waiting at the intersection. We got a green light and the vehicle infront of me proceeded to turn left. I typically look both ways before I enter any intersection regardless if it’s green. Sure enough to my right here comes a car plowing toward their red stop light and toward the car that was infront of me. I saw it coming and didn’t go when the light changed but I honked at the car infront of me to try to warn them… … it didn’t do any good. Just as they cleared the intersection they were rear ended and side swiped by the car that ran the stop light.

Because I know a lot of people out here drive with no insurance, I pulled over and gave the car that was infront of me my cell phone number and told them I would be a witness. The person who ran the light even saw me do this. They seemed like an ‘okay’ bunch and I had to get to work so I didn’t stick around.

Well in a few days the offenders insurance company calls me to get my side of the story. Lo and Behold I come to find that they lied on the police report and said their light was yellow and the car infront of me ran their stop light. Now I wish I had stayed behind or atleast recorded it. We definitely had a green light. Atleast they have insurance, still though, why can’t anyone just be honest.
You're a disinterested third-party witness. Should be no reason the insurance companies, department of insurance, police, and courts would do anything but believe you 100%.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:35 AM   #19

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
You're a disinterested third-party witness. Should be no reason the insurance companies, department of insurance, police, and courts would do anything but believe you 100%.
I wish that were the case. I witnessed an accident and volunteered to the innocent party that I would back them up if needed. What a mistake. The other side fought everything all the way...I wrote up a report, then they wanted a phone interview, then a taped statement at my home, then a deposition was scheduled at an attorney's office, then their would have been a trial.

I was treated as if I were the liar at every stage. Well sorry to say, they wore me out. I threw in the towel when they wanted a deposition at an attorney's office. Every time I told them my story was the same, and every time they said this would be the last thing I needed to do anything, there was always something else.

I tried to do the right thing, but it was never enough.

The system for so-called justice stinks. My advice, if no one is hurt, is don't get involved. It's not worth the hassle.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:42 AM   #20
CHerna

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Its a crazy world.

Two weeks ago I was caught in the middle of a Police chase that resulted in a crash to my left. The guy jumped out waving a rifle, the Police fired and he ducked onto my lane and carjacked a vehicle behind me.

Someone on the other side of the intersection caught it on video. You can see my Camaro at the 0:25 time mark.

https://www.fox6now.com/video/974325

The guy crashed the second car and was ultimately shot to death.
Holy shit. That was you? The Camaro was my take away from that video. Noticed it was a 1LE right away.

Previous: Challenger Scat Pack Widebody
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:00 AM   #21
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
I can say, I've never seen a round about built like that yet. Interesting.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:27 AM   #22
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHerna View Post
Holy shit. That was you? The Camaro was my take away from that video. Noticed it was a 1LE right away.
Yep. It was me.

I had off that day and was heading to the gym so I wasn’t carrying. Two police cruisers were right in front of me with guns drawn so I wasn’t in danger. The cars behind me were because they waited too long.

That is a really nice area where things like that never happen. I took this picture as the last squad was resuming the chase.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 09-16-2021 at 10:01 AM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:29 AM   #23
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Ideal would be a system that used the PDR and 19+ rear view mirror camera (fin) and recorded both

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:00 AM   #24
Vaska

Drives: On Hiatus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
This is WHY you should always carry. If that were me he wanted to carjack he would have been finished right away!
Got to love 'Merica!
Vaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:03 AM   #25
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
Dash cam was one of the first things I installed on my car. I just don't trust anyone around me.. while I'm in the car or out!! Lol. Thankfully it's pretty easy to install a nice setup!

Here's a quick run down of the Thinkware u1000 2 channel w/battery pack that I put in my car. Has been flawless so far (knock on wood!!):

willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:12 AM   #26
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
I have a dash cam. Woman tries to run me off the road by swerving at me like 5 or 6 times. I drive off in the ditch to avoid her. Finally get away from her. She proceeds to brake check me. Got it all on the dash cam. Call 911, they tell me that unless she actually hit my car, nothing they can do. I tell them I have it all on video, and have her plate...they dont care. So apparently you need to let the mentally unbalanced run into your ride, and cause thousands in damage, or shoot at you before they care.
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:19 AM   #27
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sengli View Post
I have a dash cam. Woman tries to run me off the road by swerving at me like 5 or 6 times. I drive off in the ditch to avoid her. Finally get away from her. She proceeds to brake check me. Got it all on the dash cam. Call 911, they tell me that unless she actually hit my car, nothing they can do. I tell them I have it all on video, and have her plate...they dont care. So apparently you need to let the mentally unbalanced run into your ride, and cause thousands in damage, or shoot at you before they care.
Sheesh. Not surprised, sadly :-/ I guess it would still help you with your insurance company perhaps to at least show you were not at fault if when you did dodge off the road you sustained any damage.
willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:46 AM   #28
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by sengli View Post
Its even worse where I live. If she had hit you and drove off, they would still do NOTHING about it even if you have it on video unless there was someone in your party that was injured due to the accident. If it were just property damage, tough cookies.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote