#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 10-08-2021, 11:31 PM   #43
serper3

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentV View Post
I live in Las Vegas as well and have a 2021 2ss 1le. No issues lighting up the tires in 125 degree heat. It does not matter what the temperature is. Nannies on nannies off...no problem. I can even be on the freeway doing 70mph and the car will go sideways when i romp on it.
What kind of tires? Auto or manual? you just cruise at 70... stab the gas.. and the car gets sideways?! or are you talking like a power shift when you are up shifting?
serper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 12:42 PM   #44
BrentV

Drives: 2021 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
My car has the 10 speed auto and I run the stock Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3s. So yes...i can cruise at 70 punch the gas to pass somebody and my car will spin the tires on the freeway. The car has about 50% tread left but it has been doing this since I purchased the car with 8 miles. It is vary hard to keep the car from spinning.
BrentV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 01:21 PM   #45
serper3

Quote:
My car has the 10 speed auto and I run the stock Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3s. So yes...i can cruise at 70 punch the gas to pass somebody and my car will spin the tires on the freeway. The car has about 50% tread left but it has been doing this since I purchased the car with 8 miles. It is vary hard to keep the car from spinning.
Hmmm. i wonder if this is the auto downshifting causing this or what. what if you downshift and then stab it while the rpm are high. your car is stock right? not going to lie i am pretty skeptical of your factory monster lol

my c6 ls3 z51 manual corvette with good tires would pretty much dead hook in 1st gear if I roll into it. every other gear would dead hook if I stab it. power shifting obviously it would break loose but I would never say the car was very hard to keep from spinning. it would pretty much never spin on accident. I would imagine given the weight difference these two are pretty close in straight line performance.
Old 10-11-2021, 02:21 PM   #46
BrentV

If I downshift, then I don't spin out. Thats the odd part. Maybe it is the auto downshifting that is causing the tires to spin out. Now I am going to have to go do some test runs.

It definitely will not grip taking off from a light. it will peel out 1st thru 3rd gear. Stabilitrak keeps me going straight luckily.
Old 10-11-2021, 04:57 PM   #47
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by serper3 View Post
What kind of tires? Auto or manual? you just cruise at 70... stab the gas.. and the car gets sideways?! or are you talking like a power shift when you are up shifting?
My car is a 2020 so they are all manual transmission until 2021. And I have the stock Goodyear tires from the factory. I think the auto will spin easier.
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 06:18 PM   #48
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
1LEs don't spin the stock Goodyears from a 70mph roll. That's just silly.
Old 10-12-2021, 03:13 PM   #49
serper3

Quote:
If I downshift, then I don't spin out. Thats the odd part. Maybe it is the auto downshifting that is causing the tires to spin out. Now I am going to have to go do some test runs.

It definitely will not grip taking off from a light. it will peel out 1st thru 3rd gear. Stabilitrak keeps me going straight luckily.
It is not odd. you are applying power while the car is downshifting, shocking the rear wheels. Its essentially a power shift or a neutral drop at speed.

If you are in the correct gear, or activate performance shift mode, you wont have this "issue". Again, I wouldn't say it is fair to say what you said earlier:
"It is vary hard to keep the car from spinning."

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004YZFR1 View Post
My car is a 2020 so they are all manual transmission until 2021. And I have the stock Goodyear tires from the factory. I think the auto will spin easier.
I think an auto is more likely to spin between shifts and a manual more likely to spin if you just stab the gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
1LEs don't spin the stock Goodyears from a 70mph roll. That's just silly.
yes. this was my thought exactly, unless you are purposefully trying to spin them. my zle hooks from 70.
Old 10-12-2021, 03:38 PM   #50
BrentV

well my 1LE cant keep the back end planted. Its not like I am going to make this crap up. It seems silly but it will not stay planted. I am getting new tires soon so hopefully it will help and maybe the goodyear tires i have suck.
Old 10-12-2021, 07:00 PM   #51
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
well my 1LE cant keep the back end planted. Its not like I am going to make this crap up. It seems silly but it will not stay planted. I am getting new tires soon so hopefully it will help and maybe the goodyear tires i have suck.
Supercar 3 is good when it's hot and dry out but they don't grip as well when the condition is not as ideal. If you don't track or have multiple sets of rims, then tires like PS4S or ExtremeContact Sport could be a better option for daily driving on the street when the conditions are less than ideal. SC3 is a good track tire you can street.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 10:54 PM   #52
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Supercar 3 is good when it's hot and dry out but they don't grip as well when the condition is not as ideal. If you don't track or have multiple sets of rims, then tires like PS4S or ExtremeContact Sport could be a better option for daily driving on the street when the conditions are less than ideal. SC3 is a good track tire you can street.
Having done some decent track work in the chilly and cold temps up here, there isn't a huge difference IME between these tires on a track. I'd give a little edge to the GY tires for the track, but the Michelins do better day-to-day for things like resistance to tram-lining and handling in the wet. But for the cold, no huge difference. You get the tires up to temp by driving and braking, especially hard braking, that transfers a lot of heat. In our experience, it's gotta be pretty damn cold for an AS tire to get better. We started with temps below freezing and finishing in the 50s at the last track event, but the tires get pretty warm pretty fast with driving and the sun on the pavement. Take the first lap easy (like normal), that gets some heat in the tires, and you can turn it up on the subsequent laps. If you started with AS tires, you might be faster at first, but your traction would drop off as the other tires start making more grip. Still, possibly not a bad idea for a day-to-day tire in the winter (a good AS).

Not being able to put the power down is either an alignment issue or a driving issue IMO. I can drive the car on a course in a way where I'm all over the place, it's not faster and I'm breaking lose all over the place trying to force the car to do things. The grip limits dictate what you can do. But if you apply the power at the right spot or in the right way, you can go to full power.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 01:30 AM   #53
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
Quote:
I can believe that, my last car was a 370Z with a V6. With a few light mods it probably only made about 350 at the crank and it’s a 7 speed auto. I could floor it at around 60 or so and it would shift down and spin the wheels enough to get a little wiggle out of the ass end. So the 1LE has another 100 Hp over that. And with your 10 speed auto I’m sure it will spin the wheels at freeway speeds a bit. How many miles do you have in those tires now?
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 10:11 AM   #54
BrentV

Yeah I don't track the car....yet! One of these days I will but for now it is my daily driver.

I have 9000 miles on these tires and plan on changing them in the next few thousand.
Old 10-13-2021, 04:05 PM   #55
5.M0NSTER

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Yeah I don't track the car....yet! One of these days I will but for now it is my daily driver.

I have 9000 miles on these tires and plan on changing them in the next few thousand.
I'm with others, something has to be up. Alignment or something. My 1LE is planted. I can spin the tires easily if they are under 80F. Doing a cold launch in 60F weather is kind of pointless, but at 80F+, or then the tires have heat in them, it sticks better than any other fun car I've owned (Mustang and BMW M2 in my case).

My tires have just under 9,500 miles, 3 track days, and are worn to the bars. And still grip fantastic when warmed up. My last track day, which was 2 weeks ago, I posted a lap time which beat my previous best in the Mustang by 4s on a 90s course. Crazy how capable the 1LE is. The Mustang was not stock.
5.M0NSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 07:41 PM   #56
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
With all due respect, it's definitely tires and/or alignment, you don't have enough power to go sideways from a 70 roll.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote