Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-04-2019, 09:49 AM   #43
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Did some more work on the front; rounding corners and softening edges. Revised the back again... kind of a hybrid between a Gen 1 and Gen 3 influence.

Name:  Pony Car Concept R4 2019-3.png
Views: 426
Size:  383.0 KB
Name:  Pony Car Concept R4 2019-4.png
Views: 449
Size:  275.4 KB
Name:  Pony Car Concept R4 2019-5.png
Views: 424
Size:  289.6 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:57 AM   #44
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Had a little bit of pixel fun with your creation
  • Wider front and rear tires
  • Tall/Lowered front fascia
  • Side indicator on mirrors
  • Taller/Larger grill
  • Taller / wider headlights w DRL
  • Taller fog / lower intakes
  • Taller splitter
Attached Images

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:43 PM   #45
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Had a little bit of pixel fun with your creation
  • Wider front and rear tires
  • Tall/Lowered front fascia
  • Side indicator on mirrors
  • Taller/Larger grill
  • Taller / wider headlights w DRL
  • Taller fog / lower intakes
  • Taller splitter
Here are the changes based on what you suggested; most of them anyways lol. Keep in mind this is intended to be a pony car for the consumer base; the 98% who are not enthusiasts/fan boys and don't go to the track. The wider tires would not be for this market. I did lower the front grill, made the fog intakes taller and lowered them slightly, made the front splitter taller and lowered it slightly. The turn indicators on the side mirrors was a good idea; put that in there. The design already had DRL's I just didn't have them lit up before. They're lit up now.

Good feedback! Thanks.

Name:  Pony Car Concept R4.1 2019-0.png
Views: 457
Size:  278.3 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 02-04-2019, 03:13 PM   #46
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
I like the overall proportions, low belt line, and I LOVE the tail end. I like that you are echoing the 80's 3rd gen. The front needs some work to match up to the rest. Keep the front simple and as far away from the '19 refresh as you can. I think it needs more flowing lines all around. Be careful not to make it look like an older Acura.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 05:50 PM   #47
Fredtp

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10 Black Mosaic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Here are the changes based on what you suggested; most of them anyways lol. Keep in mind this is intended to be a pony car for the consumer base; the 98% who are not enthusiasts/fan boys and don't go to the track. The wider tires would not be for this market. I did lower the front grill, made the fog intakes taller and lowered them slightly, made the front splitter taller and lowered it slightly. The turn indicators on the side mirrors was a good idea; put that in there. The design already had DRL's I just didn't have them lit up before. They're lit up now.

Good feedback! Thanks.

Attachment 973891
Looks to much like a MOPAR from the side in my opinion.
Fredtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:52 PM   #48
cignul9

Drives: 50th 2SS MRC A8 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredtp View Post
Looks to much like a MOPAR from the side in my opinion.
Yeah, the side profile looks very Challenger.
50th 2SS, MRC, NPP, 8A, #991
Join the Club F1FTY Registry!
Add yourself to the registry here.
Read the registry here.
cignul9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:35 PM   #49
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Yeah I'm not seeing anything in this design ,especially in the year 2021 . I want to see more Ferrari and less 1980s . I will say you came up with a better design then the 3rd gen Camaro . The next Camaro has to look new and up to date , there are many subtle hints they can pull from other years to keep it a Camaro without copying like the 5th gen.
which,to be fair,sold much better than the 6th gen.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:15 AM   #50
cignul9

Drives: 50th 2SS MRC A8 NPP
Quote:

Good feedback! Thanks.

Attachment 973891
I think the rear looks too "flat". The Camaro has "hips". I think adding that in would go a long way towards making it look more "Camaro".
50th 2SS, MRC, NPP, 8A, #991
Join the Club F1FTY Registry!
Add yourself to the registry here.
Read the registry here.
cignul9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:25 AM   #51
JohnsonJ

Drives: BLACK
Well, I find it elegantly nice.
JohnsonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:51 AM   #52
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
which,to be fair,sold much better than the 6th gen.
Who cares about sales , if sales mattered I would have been driving a Chrysler K car . 1982 Camaro year is the worst ever by far .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:59 PM   #53
JAM32

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le Red Hot
I just found, by accident, your threead with your ideas about the 6th gen.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...319114&page=10

WOW. That was a great looking car, and some awesome ideas. What heppened man? Theres some nice subtle curves, and great proportions on the 6th gen ideas. And the front end looks nice, but conservative. Why did you abandon all that? And please dont repeat yourself about appealing to average buyer and all that mess. Youve exhausted yourself on those points.

From the old post, to this one, im like honestly surprised youre the same person.
JAM32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:26 PM   #54
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Yeah I'm not seeing anything in this design ,especially in the year 2021 . I want to see more Ferrari and less 1980s . I will say you came up with a better design then the 3rd gen Camaro . The next Camaro has to look new and up to date , there are many subtle hints they can pull from other years to keep it a Camaro without copying like the 5th gen.

I'm all for more Ferrari-esque. Since Chevy has pushed the price up on the Camaro, they need to make it look like what it costs. The people that can drop $70k on a car are used to names like Porsche, Ferrari, McLaren, Jaguar, etc. so they are also buying status symbols. If they're going to spend $70k on a car, they want it to look like it costs that much. Unfortunately the Camaro as it is right now, while it appeals to the dedicated enthusiasts, looks too much like a Hot Wheels toy. It needs to "mature" in its styling to make it compete looks-wise to the other cars that segment of the market is used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM32 View Post
I just found, by accident, your threead with your ideas about the 6th gen.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...319114&page=10

WOW. That was a great looking car, and some awesome ideas. What heppened man? Theres some nice subtle curves, and great proportions on the 6th gen ideas. And the front end looks nice, but conservative. Why did you abandon all that? And please dont repeat yourself about appealing to average buyer and all that mess. Youve exhausted yourself on those points.

From the old post, to this one, im like honestly surprised youre the same person.
Well that was in 2013 when we were coming off the big success of the 5th gen. I don't think anyone back then expected we'd be in the situation we're in now with the sales numbers. I had put in a lot of time and money making my car a track car, and I was wanting something more track-oriented which is what you saw in those concepts.

The market has changed quite a bit in the last 6 years. Dedicated track cars aren't going to sell in large quantities. What I'm doing now is trying to come up with something that will regain some sales to help keep the Camaro alive. However, maybe there can be something in the middle. Based on the request for more of a Ferrari feel, here's the direction I'm going in at the moment. Depending on engine choices and option packages, it could work as both a 98% consumer car, and a 2% enthusiast track car.

I'm still working out what I want to do with the front, but here are a couple of angle shots.

Name:  Pony Car Concept R5 2019-0.png
Views: 711
Size:  343.4 KB
Name:  Pony Car Concept R5 2019-1.png
Views: 780
Size:  330.7 KB

The idea here is something that has the look and feel of a Chevrolet, but a bit more upscale in styling; still somewhat conservative but not dull and boring. I don't want it to look like what everybody else is doing, so I need to come up with a good design for the front.

As you can see, the front sweeps down which will make this a great driver's car on the track; forward visibility is going to be superb. No, it's not going to look like a Corvette. It has to have the look and feel of a Camaro; even if it's different from any Camaro in the past.

I remember when I first got my 5th gen, people would come up to me and say "Is that the new Camaro!?" Nobody came up and asked "What is it?" They knew. I would love to be able to come up with a front that creates the look and feel that says "Camaro", but that's a lot easier said than done. I'm working on it though.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 02-08-2019, 03:19 PM   #55
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Here's the current idea I'm playing around with for a front end. Still need to do something with the hood though; the large volume of air that the front is going to bring into the engine bay needs to vent out somewhere.

I thought about the traditional Camaro reverse-intake hood scoop, but it just doesn't work on this design.

I've also thought about rounding over the upper body edge from the front of the door all the way to the back, but that might make it too Ferrari-ish.

At any rate, it's coming along. And please, no wailing and moaning about how it looks like a Corvette. It doesn't. It's pulling inspiration from the 1993+ Camaro but with just a bit more attitude.

Name:  Pony Car Concept R5 2019-2.png
Views: 676
Size:  334.9 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 02-09-2019, 06:44 AM   #56
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
I'm all for more Ferrari-esque. Since Chevy has pushed the price up on the Camaro, they need to make it look like what it costs. The people that can drop $70k on a car are used to names like Porsche, Ferrari, McLaren, Jaguar, etc. so they are also buying status symbols. If they're going to spend $70k on a car, they want it to look like it costs that much. Unfortunately the Camaro as it is right now, while it appeals to the dedicated enthusiasts, looks too much like a Hot Wheels toy. It needs to "mature" in its styling to make it compete looks-wise to the other cars that segment of the market is used to.

Well that was in 2013 when we were coming off the big success of the 5th gen. I don't think anyone back then expected we'd be in the situation we're in now with the sales numbers. I had put in a lot of time and money making my car a track car, and I was wanting something more track-oriented which is what you saw in those concepts.

The market has changed quite a bit in the last 6 years. Dedicated track cars aren't going to sell in large quantities. What I'm doing now is trying to come up with something that will regain some sales to help keep the Camaro alive. However, maybe there can be something in the middle. Based on the request for more of a Ferrari feel, here's the direction I'm going in at the moment. Depending on engine choices and option packages, it could work as both a 98% consumer car, and a 2% enthusiast track car.

I'm still working out what I want to do with the front, but here are a couple of angle shots.

Attachment 974253
Attachment 974254

The idea here is something that has the look and feel of a Chevrolet, but a bit more upscale in styling; still somewhat conservative but not dull and boring. I don't want it to look like what everybody else is doing, so I need to come up with a good design for the front.

As you can see, the front sweeps down which will make this a great driver's car on the track; forward visibility is going to be superb. No, it's not going to look like a Corvette. It has to have the look and feel of a Camaro; even if it's different from any Camaro in the past.

I remember when I first got my 5th gen, people would come up to me and say "Is that the new Camaro!?" Nobody came up and asked "What is it?" They knew. I would love to be able to come up with a front that creates the look and feel that says "Camaro", but that's a lot easier said than done. I'm working on it though.
People have seen the 5th gen design for the last 50 years now, the whole world knows what they look like . The 5th gen brought a ton of new first time Camaro owners (around 60%) which was great but they bought more into the novelty then the Legend . If the 6th gen followed up with a retro 2nd gen split bumper it may be doing better , i for one thank god they didn't . The funny thing is when the new designed 2nd gen came out very few good things were said about it ,especially the split bumper . I believe the retro look will be looked backed on as an embarrassment more then how well they sold . Bottom line is there has never been a better Camaro then the 6th gen and they are following in the foot steps of legends .
If you Google Ferrari 250 GT Lusso you will see the inspiration of the front end of the 2nd gen Camaro. The split bumper RS Camaros are some of the most sought after and most faked cars today , at the time they were made they didn't sell as well. Some things just take time for people to catch on to.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote