Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 06-19-2021, 04:51 PM   #85
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZuercher View Post
According to the TSB, I need to replace the window regulator as well as the upper quarter trim, since my regulator only has slots for 2 tabs and the improved version of the quarter trim has 3 tabs. The upper quarter trim should be very easy to replace--I took the old one of in about 2 minutes to see what version I have. But, the regulator doesn't look so simple.

Has anyone changed the window regulator (part 84476776)? Any ideas how it comes out, and how difficult that might be to replace?
Just had mine done. Dealership said each side was one solid piece they inserted & secured into place with the clips. I asked for all the broken parts back & they gave me the top panels, but i got no internal regulator pieces back. Makes me wonder if it is actually one unit that gets installed like they said.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 05:21 PM   #86
Dathomas94

Drives: Camaro 2021 ZL1 6 speed ragtop
Just happened to my 21 ZL1, at the dealer and looking at the parts screen and he can’t find the sliding cover. The arm slides the cover in but that breaks off the track then the top breaks the flap. I fought mine in time but still need a new plastic top and sliding part. The plastic slider brakes off the track, that how it begins
Dathomas94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 03:04 PM   #87
Ctrev21

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGSr View Post
Broke our panel as well. Dealer "fixed" it by replacing the panel and putting white grease on the door that slides.

Worked exactly once before we heard nasty noises again. Back to the dealer, couldn't figure out what was wrong. Looked around and noticed a large plastic clip inside broke as well (showing the good and broken sides). Emailed the pictures to the dealer so they can fix it right this time.
Know any of those part numbers?
Ctrev21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 03:19 PM   #88
Ctrev21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBLUES View Post
*raises hand*
Happened to me today.

Found this little beauty rolling around in the roof well.

Any idea what it is?
Yeah that's the rolling spring hinge for retracting the sliding door closed when top is down. My left one just took a shit.
Old 08-16-2021, 03:37 PM   #89
Ctrev21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsteiner View Post
I was able to fix mine on my own. It is really not too hard. cost me about $200 total for the parts for both sides and took about 15 minutes. Of course I only had to replace the arm that pushes the panel out of the way and the trim panels that have the sliding panel on them. The trim pieces were about $70 each. The arm was about $15 each.
Do you have a part number on that arm? Was it for the drivers or passengers side? Thanks,
Old 08-17-2021, 08:25 AM   #90
Warsteiner

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2LT RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrev21 View Post
Do you have a part number on that arm? Was it for the drivers or passengers side? Thanks,
This is the part for the arm: https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-pa...cover-84237014

That is drivers side.
Old 08-23-2021, 06:16 PM   #91
Capt Insaino

Drives: Fifty Anniversary Camaro
My 2017 has just over 4,300 miles on it and both broke at the same time just yesterday. Today I was quoted $1,100.00 for both sides, but the dealership is helping me out since the car is not under warranty by paying $300.00 of it. That includes replacing both window regulators since my car was build on 10/2016 and requires it. It's so insane that Chevrolet knows this is an issue, and it's not a cheap repair yet won't make it right by those who buy and trust that their vehicles won't break before their first oil change.
Capt Insaino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:19 PM   #92
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Insaino View Post
My 2017 has just over 4,300 miles on it and both broke at the same time just yesterday. Today I was quoted $1,100.00 for both sides, but the dealership is helping me out since the car is not under warranty by paying $300.00 of it. That includes replacing both window regulators since my car was build on 10/2016 and requires it. It's so insane that Chevrolet knows this is an issue, and it's not a cheap repair yet won't make it right by those who buy and trust that their vehicles won't break before their first oil change.
Mr Insaino… if it where my $, I’d spend ~ $200, buy the parts, snip off the extra leg and install myself in about 20 minutes.

You may have to replace the latest flappers with the newer style (again, regardless). Just my take.. and I 100% agree with you on Chevy not making right on this issue. The Vert owners give up other options (on the coupe) and pay a premium for a convertible. It’s a pretty piss poor design, but looks nice. Good luck.

Last edited by Chutzpah; 08-23-2021 at 07:54 PM.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 10:12 PM   #93
Nitefall17

Drives: Camaro 1SS A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Mr Insaino… if it where my $, I’d spend ~ $200, buy the parts, snip off the extra leg and install myself in about 20 minutes.

You may have to replace the latest flappers with the newer style (again, regardless). Just my take.. and I 100% agree with you on Chevy not making right on this issue. The Vert owners give up other options (on the coupe) and pay a premium for a convertible. It’s a pretty piss poor design, but looks nice. Good luck.
Did that, not even 20 minutes to do...
Nitefall17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 05:35 PM   #94
Capt Insaino

Drives: Fifty Anniversary Camaro
A friend of mine told me about Chevrolet's "policy tool" where the dealership can request that Chevrolet help on the cost of certain repairs. I called this morning and left a message asking if they utilized that for me. They called back and said yes they did, but did it again this morning and Chevrolet knocked off $400.00. So basically I'll get both of mine replaced with the new window regulators and a 2 year parts warranty for $408.00 I can handle that much easier than $800.00
Capt Insaino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 02:59 PM   #95
KLG

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
While cleaning my interior this morning I heard a plastic snapping/breaking sound while putting the top up. I put the top back down and found that the trim panel door (the one that opens and closes with the top actuation) was stuck in the open position.

I took off the quarter upper trim panel and found the arm that holds the spring that pulls the trim panel door open had broken.

I removed the broken arm and spring. Fortunately, that door can be moved manually so I can close it when the top is down.

Although my Camaro was built prior to February 14, 2017 (DOB is 03/16), for the repair, I am not replacing the regulator as the TSB recommends, I'm only replacing the upper trim panel. I don't believe I need the regulator based on what failed and I will remove the extra mounting tab from the replacement upper trim panel. At least that's my plan for now.

--KLG--
Attached Images

2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
KLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 10:09 AM   #96
argus

Drives: 18 GMC Sierra 3500HD SLT Duramax
Passenger side spring broke off on mine yesterday. May 2017 build date. Ordered replacement trim panel per the TSB referenced in this thread (latest part # for pass side is 84797933; hopefully this is more robust than the ones it superseded).

Easy trim panel to pop out and replace. As others stated--5 to 10 minutes. Note: When pulling out the trim panel, I did have to close the top just a hair from the fully open position, just enough to raise the painted package shelf a couple inches off the back seat trim so I could more easily pull out the broken trim panel.

Last edited by argus; 09-19-2021 at 10:29 AM.
argus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 11:46 AM   #97
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by argus View Post
Passenger side spring broke off on mine yesterday. May 2017 build date. Ordered replacement trim panel per the TSB referenced in this thread (latest part # for pass side is 84797933; hopefully this is more robust than the ones it superseded).

Easy trim panel to pop out and replace. As others stated--5 to 10 minutes. Note: When pulling out the trim panel, I did have to close the top just a hair from the fully open position, just enough to raise the painted package shelf a couple inches off the back seat trim so I could more easily pull out the broken trim panel.
In scrolling back a couple posts, there’s a 2021 that broke what I’m assuming is the most up to date part. When my 19 sits in the sun, on relatively warm day, both of mine creak and flex as the top goes up. I think it’s inevitable that they’ll both fail at some point. Not the end of the world, but disappointing. At least the parts don’t break the bank and are easy to replace.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 09:45 AM   #98
ojet

Drives: 2017 SS
How does the trim panel pull out? Is it an upward motion or sideways? thanks
ojet is offline   Reply With Quote