Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-14-2021, 05:27 PM   #1
Exia
Exia

Drives: '23 Corvette Z06/Z07 & '22 2SS 1LE
Getting back into the saddle! My new to me ZLE!

Well its been 3.5 years since I last owned a Camaro. That one was a 2016 Hyper Blue (the best colour) RS V6, my first jump into sporty cars, since then I've gone through a C7 Grand Sport (auto) a C7 Z06 (manual, I still own this car), a Stinger GT, a C8 Corvette and a Type R. Now I will getting back into a Camaro with a 2019 ZL1 1LE (manual).

I've always loved 6th gen Camaro's and I really love the ZL1, I think its the best performance per dollar car you can buy (yes, better then a C8). I just was bit by the Corvette bug early and moved on. However I recently sold my C8 for a nice profit and have been on the prowl for something cool, fun and in stick, a V8 doesn't hurt either.

I've previously browsed for ZL1 6 speeds, as well as Hellcats and other vehicles and the prices have always been crazy (the current shortages don't help) but the other day I decided to take another look and found this 2019 ZLE with 9k kilometers listed for the price of a regular ZL1. I jumped on it, carfax came back good and I didn't ask why it was priced 10k lower then any other ZLE I could find.

I've always had a soft spot for the ZLE for what it means, just a hardcore no compromise track weapon at a great price (and very rare in Canada).

I will be picking it up sometime next week. The car is black (I'd really like Red Hot but with this deal I can't be picky), tires are shot but dealer is putting new ones on, the car is ceramic coated and has PPF on the front, pillars, rear and wing. The car also has a Boral S type axle back exhaust. My friend lives near the dealer (I live about 6 hours away) and said it was basically mint, the only issues he found was two small blemishes in the PPF, one on the roof and one on the rear quarter panel. No swirls, the paint and the rest of the car is immaculate.

I'm very excited to bring it home and park it beside my Z06. I think I'll need to get a CT5-V Blackwing down the road to round out this LT4 Triple Threat garage.

I only have one good picture from the dealer as the car is now marked as sold so there ad has been taken down along with any pictures.

It will be good to get back into the Camaro family and I can't think of a better way to do it then with a ZL1 1LE 6 speed.
Attached Images

Exia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 05:58 PM   #2
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Nice... Congrats... And you are correct HBM is the best color. ... That is and will be one hell of a nice collection in your garage... I wish...!
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:57 PM   #3
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
[QUOTE=Exia;11070768]Well its been 3.5 years since I last owned a Camaro. That one was a 2016 Hyper Blue (the best colour) RS V6, my first jump into sporty cars, since then I've gone through a C7 Grand Sport (auto) a C7 Z06 (manual, I still own this car), a Stinger GT, a C8 Corvette and a Type R. Now I will getting back into a Camaro with a 2019 ZL1 1LE (manual).

I've always loved 6th gen Camaro's and I really love the ZL1, I think its the best performance per dollar car you can buy (yes, better then a C8). I just was bit by the Corvette bug early and moved on. However I recently sold my C8 for a nice profit and have been on the prowl for something cool, fun and in stick, a V8 doesn't hurt either.

I've previously browsed for ZL1 6 speeds, as well as Hellcats and other vehicles and the prices have always been crazy (the current shortages don't help) but the other day I decided to take another look and found this 2019 ZLE with 9k kilometers listed for the price of a regular ZL1. I jumped on it, carfax came back good and I didn't ask why it was priced 10k lower then any other ZLE I could find.

I've always had a soft spot for the ZLE for what it means, just a hardcore no compromise track weapon at a great price (and very rare in Canada).

I will be picking it up sometime next week. The car is black (I'd really like Red Hot but with this deal I can't be picky), tires are shot but dealer is putting new ones on, the car is ceramic coated and has PPF on the front, pillars, rear and wing. The car also has a Boral S type axle back exhaust. My friend lives near the dealer (I live about 6 hours away) and said it was basically mint, the only issues he found was two small blemishes in the PPF, one on the roof and one on the rear quarter panel. No swirls, the paint and the rest of the car is immaculate.

I'm very excited to bring it home and park it beside my Z06. I think I'll need to get a CT5-V Blackwing down the road to round out this LT4 Triple Threat garage.

I only have one good picture from the dealer as the car is now marked as sold so there ad has been taken down along with any pictures.

It will be good to get back into the Camaro family and I can't think of a better way to do it then with a ZL1 1LE 6 speed.[/QUOTE

LITERALLY Just got mine yesterday but a 2021 Zle and FREAKING LOVE IT°. Not really why so many people complain about the stiffness or the ride. Rides great to me lol. CONGRATS

Last edited by KILLA BEE; 09-14-2021 at 07:16 PM.
KILLA BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:59 PM   #4
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Another great colour choice. Awesome and congrats
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 07:39 PM   #5
knighti2

Drives: 2SS M6 Hot Wheels #515

Im not one for black but that car is nice looking for sure.
knighti2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 10:52 PM   #6
Sorange

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Hyper Blue is definitely the best color! But black looks badass too! Congrats on the new to you ZLE! you're gonna love it!
Sorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 07:22 AM   #7
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
beautiful
imho the gen6 zl1 camaro is about one of the most beautiful cars ever created.
pure sex on wheels.
shame like me you'll be just looking at for 6 months. unless you are gonna drive it in winter?
Old 09-16-2021, 07:51 AM   #8
nates89

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE
Hey this is my old car!!! I traded it in against a 2021 ZLE that finally arrived. I was at the dealer yesterday and took this picture, you can see your car in the background haha. I told them they could get way more for it, but the guys at this dealer are amazing. I buy all of my cars here from Scott Shepherd because he is the most honest and trust worthy car salesman I have ever met.

Congrats on the purchase, if you have any questions about the car let me know. I have a bunch of pictures too if you want them.

Car has been babied. Never tracked, hasn't even seen rain before. I don't know if the wipers have ever been turned on. If there are any swirls in the paint its because the dealer washed it after I gave it to them lol. Always washed with the 2 bucket method and a CarPro wool wash mitt. I don't even use a towel to dry it, I use air.

Also just a slight clarification, the exhaust is an ATAK not type S. So in track mode it has some serious bark (video below as well with the exhaust in track mode). The car also has the ZL1 Addons Rock Guards on the front and back.

Attached Images

Last edited by nates89; 09-16-2021 at 08:05 AM.
nates89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:59 AM   #9
Exia
Exia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nates89 View Post
Hey this is my old car!!! I traded it in against a 2021 ZLE that finally arrived. I was at the dealer yesterday and took this picture, you can see your car in the background haha. I told them they could get way more for it, but the guys at this dealer are amazing. I buy all of my cars here from Scott Shepherd because he is the most honest and trust worthy car salesman I have ever met.

Congrats on the purchase, if you have any questions about the car let me know. I have a bunch of pictures too if you want them.

Car has been babied. Never tracked, hasn't even seen rain before. I don't know if the wipers have ever been turned on. If there are any swirls in the paint its because the dealer washed it after I gave it to them lol. Always washed with the 2 bucket method and a CarPro wool wash mitt. I don't even use a towel to dry it, I use air.

Also just a slight clarification, the exhaust is an ATAK not type S. So in track mode it has some serious bark (video below as well with the exhaust in track mode). The car also has the ZL1 Addons Rock Guards on the front and back.

Hah small world! Thanks for the correction on the exhaust. Was the roof wrapped satin to match the hood and a center stripe also added after? I only ask because I didn't think a satin roof was an option from the factory and at least for the 2021 configurator I can't add a center stripe with the 1LE package. They are nice additions to the vehicle though, very nice cosmetic mods.
Old 09-16-2021, 11:03 AM   #10
nates89

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exia View Post
Hah small world! Thanks for the correction on the exhaust. Was the roof wrapped satin to match the hood and a center stripe also added after? I only ask because I didn't think a satin roof was an option from the factory and at least for the 2021 configurator I can't add a center stripe with the 1LE package. They are nice additions to the vehicle though, very nice cosmetic mods.
Yeah added after. Instead of just doing PPF on the roof it was added to match the hood. The carbon fiber hood insert is also wrapped in PPF.
nates89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 01:44 PM   #11
Exia
Exia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nates89 View Post
Yeah added after. Instead of just doing PPF on the roof it was added to match the hood. The carbon fiber hood insert is also wrapped in PPF.
Awesome, it looks great. Definitely very nice additional contrasting to match the hood while still being subtle. You got good taste!

I look forward to picking it up and road tripping it 6 hours home.
Old 09-17-2021, 01:20 PM   #12
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exia View Post
Awesome, it looks great. Definitely very nice additional contrasting to match the hood while still being subtle. You got good taste!

I look forward to picking it up and road tripping it 6 hours home.
Ur gone love it!!
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2021, 05:28 PM   #13
Vaska

Drives: On Hiatus
Looks awesome!

Until that front plate goes on.
Vaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 11:12 PM   #14
Turul

Drives: Tacoma
Good looking ride