#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-04-2020, 05:57 PM   #15
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
Solid advice Norm.

Some groups like SCCA Track Night in America give full credit (not refund) if you cancel before 4:00 PM EST the day before the event. You can apply the credit to another event. I will sign up for more events than my schedule permits and just keep a credit bank with them.
Old 02-05-2020, 10:26 AM   #16
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
If there's a single attitude you should take to your track day - any track day, any weather conditions, at any level of experience - it's to stay within your comfort zone. Point any faster drivers past at the first safe opportunity for your run group and enjoy the drive at your pace rather than force your pace up to match somebody else's.

Norm
Thank you, I completely agree with that. Although I think I'll get up to speed fairly quickly I'm really in no rush. I think at this time I'm going to sign up for the HOD Mega Course Pocono event and take my chances, then I'll probably stick with HOD events this year since I'll have had to pay for the yearly membership.
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:27 AM   #17
Kmeleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmojo View Post
Solid advice Norm.

Some groups like SCCA Track Night in America give full credit (not refund) if you cancel before 4:00 PM EST the day before the event. You can apply the credit to another event. I will sign up for more events than my schedule permits and just keep a credit bank with them.
Good to know on the TNIA events. That's a really nice policy.
Old 07-06-2020, 08:52 AM   #18
Kmeleon

So I'm signed up for tomorrow at Pocono. Just waiting to see the updated forecast before I make my final decision. Expensive decision ($160 for the HDPE + $200 for insurance). I'll probably go and take my chances but the first time I get burned I'll probably be a bit more reserved about cancelling.