Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > International Regions > Europe (Continental)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-23-2021, 02:23 AM   #1
Corbu

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Driving my Camaro SS 6.2L in the EU for a few years. Possible?

Hello everyone,

It is very likely that I will be in the EU on business for a few years and I would love to be able to drive my own car while I am there. I am driving a 2017 SS 6.2L. I know the polution tax is quite high and I was looking around to see how I can possibly register the car first, then have an idea how much I would be looking to pay / year. But most websites I have visited want me to input the Euro polution thing this car has. Is it Euro 4, 5, 6? I have no clue. I Googled and the only relevant info I can find is for the 2021 SS and this one is Euro 6 compliant. I am not sure if a 2017 SS is also Euro 6 compliant.... My 2017 was built for Canada and the dash instruments are all metric (KM), however, the polution compliance standards for Canada are the same for the USA for this car.

I have not explored any insurance options yet, I wanted to first see how I can register the car first and how much would it cost / year in whatever CO2 / polution taxes.

I intend to return to Canada after my work is done there and obviously I would like to take the car back with me.

Also, I would like to also explore the option to drive the car with Canadian registration plates if there is a way, the car will only be used in the EU "temporarily" and I have no intention to sell it in the EU, it will return to Canada.

Thank you.
Old 09-30-2021, 10:14 AM   #2
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
hi.
my 2017 is euro 6 compliant.
driving here in sweden is ok for only 6 months. more than that u need to register it here.
Old 09-30-2021, 04:29 PM   #3
Corbu

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Thank you. Euro 6 is great news, it means lower taxes.

Out of curiosity, how much are the yearly taxes that you have to pay in Sweden to drive a car like this? You can PM me if you don't want to post it publicly. I know some EU countries have their own version of CO2 / Polution tax and it varies quite a bit from country to country. I picked one that I found a calculator online and it was roughly 3000 EU / year . Also, I am not sure if I have the freedom to register the car in EU country with lower taxes and drive it in another, or I have to register in in the country I will be spending most of the time in.
Old 10-01-2021, 09:58 AM   #4
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
Hi.
it's not too much in road tax.same as my hyundai tucson diesel.
340 euros a year.
but all new luxery cars pay 3000 euros a year road tax for the first 3 years now.
all depends which country you're moving to i think