Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 10-22-2018, 09:33 AM   #1
Try2paz

Drives: 1967 Nova
Auto X to Road Course Adjustments

I put the ZL1 1le on an Auto X this weekend i've had it out on the big track a couple times but yet to play with it on the Auto X.

What adjustments are you making from "Thunderhill, Sonoma" to auto X. This is American Iron Auto X so the track is bigger than most but found myself pushing the front end all over the place.

I'm running track spec up front with a little camber pulled out to -2.0 degrees and switched over to the Nitto NT01's when I burned through the goodyears.

I was playing with the tire pressure of the NT01's and still doing a bit of guess work on that as well. I started at 38's and kept dropping them every run. I've read mixed reviews some guys running them closer to 40 and others closer to 30?

Video upload shortly.

I was thinking about dropping the rear sway-bar one notch?
Try2paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:01 PM   #2
VIRBound

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Before changing your sway bar settings, I would iron out tire pressure settings, and reading your sidewalls. Ideally, you should be maintaining a tire pressure that allows you to use the entire tread width up to the indicators at the edge of the tread. For me, that has historically been in the 32ish range for most of my cars.

What were your results as you dropped pressure each run? Faster times? More/less understeer?

P.S. what driving mode were you in? I found that I liked running the car in track mode, but changing the steering setting to touring in the headunit settings. This made it easier for me to transition the car.
VIRBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:51 PM   #3
Try2paz

Drives: 1967 Nova
That's the thing that frustrates me with auto x..4 runs and you're done. I felt like as I kept dropping the front tire pressure grip was improving.

I was running with all modes off. I tried Race and ran my best time as it was settling the back end down.
Try2paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:01 AM   #4
Tim202

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Try2paz View Post
I'm running track spec up front with a little camber pulled out to -2.0 degrees
You should be getting at least -2.7 on ZLE. This should help the push a lot.
Tim202 is offline   Reply With Quote