Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-03-2015, 10:54 AM   #43
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I don't remember Firebirds ever having 4 round tail lights. Can you post a picture of one?
I'm having a hell of a time finding it...perhaps it was just a very popular mod in my area for the 3rd gen firebirds?
Old 06-03-2015, 12:10 PM   #44
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
What have I done...
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:53 PM   #45
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
According to that logic, your ideal car would be a square box with wheels, because everything done to the exterior of the new camaro or to any car is to appeal to people's fascination and draw their attention, useless in other words.
LEDs are awesome, get over it.
Well you expanded on my comment to include everything and anything, which you are dead wrong about. While I accept the fact that people are infatuated by LEDs, and accept the fact that they sell cars because of that infatuation, I don't think there is anything to "get over" as I otherwise (besides the SS grille and LED tail lights) love the look of the 6th Gen.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:06 PM   #46
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Anything that will make people notice your brake or tail lights is an added safety measure..
Anyway you are the one that is getting your panties twisted over this not me. I think you are intelligent enough to voice your opinion without refering to people as "Chimps with wallets".
I'm just responding to a thread about the '16 tail lights and stating my opinion. Sorry it doesn't agree with yours but that doesn't bother me in the least. My reference to "chimps with wallets" was just to emphasize that the car companies these days are adding bling to their cars, in hopes of getting knee-jerk reactions from buyers who seem to be infatuated with anything shiny and glitzy... the way many animals are attracted to the same. It's working for them and so be it - doesn't mean I have to like it.

My disfavor with LED tail lights would not stop me from buying a Gen6 Camaro provided the main focus is on performance, reliability, and comfort - which I believe it is.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 06-03-2015, 02:19 PM   #47
NJScorpio

FYI, I prefer my halogen headlamps in my 2LS because they look more "organic", and thus more "alive"...and well as playing into the retro vibe of the pre-referesh.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:06 PM   #48
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I'm just responding to a thread about the '16 tail lights and stating my opinion. Sorry it doesn't agree with yours but that doesn't bother me in the least. My reference to "chimps with wallets" was just to emphasize that the car companies these days are adding bling to their cars, in hopes of getting knee-jerk reactions from buyers who seem to be infatuated with anything shiny and glitzy... the way many animals are attracted to the same. It's working for them and so be it - doesn't mean I have to like it.

My disfavor with LED tail lights would not stop me from buying a Gen6 Camaro provided the main focus is on performance, reliability, and comfort - which I believe it is.
My first new car didn't even have an AM radio in it. Shiny and Glitzy things or fancy electronic gizmos have never enticed me to buy anything. In fact just about every car I have bought has been one of the lowest equipped models available. Just as powerful cars appeal to some people and make them want to buy particular cars, sometimes it is the shiny glitzy stuff that appeals to them more. Neither of which is a bad thing, that's why we are given so many choices.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:03 PM   #49
V6CamaroRS

Drives: '14 V6 RS, DM Exhaust, Sunroof
Am I the only one who wants to cue "You know it's all about that bass, 'bout that bass..."

FWIW, LEDs are no longer about style. They have so many advantages over incandescent bulbs it isn't even funny*, plus they are rapidly trending toward cheaper than other "exotic" lighting technologies. The fact that car designers can perform cool styling tricks is just a bonus!

So take heart if you don't like them. They're not a useless styling cue but rather the inevitable march of progress!

* Most of the advantages have already been listed, but here we go just in case. LEDs are: power efficient, cool during operation, insanely bright, instant on/off, only "burn out" through mechanical damage, are typically installed in clusters that can handle the loss of individual diodes, and they're actually quite cheap on a per-unit basis. A lot of the expense is actually in the circuit board and light diffusers, both of which get cheaper in large quantities.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:09 PM   #50
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6CamaroRS View Post
Am I the only one who wants to cue "You know it's all about that bass, 'bout that bass..."

FWIW, LEDs are no longer about style. They have so many advantages over incandescent bulbs it isn't even funny*, plus they are rapidly trending toward cheaper than other "exotic" lighting technologies. The fact that car designers can perform cool styling tricks is just a bonus!

So take heart if you don't like them. They're not a useless styling cue but rather the inevitable march of progress!

* Most of the advantages have already been listed, but here we go just in case. LEDs are: power efficient, cool during operation, insanely bright, instant on/off, only "burn out" through mechanical damage, are typically installed in clusters that can handle the loss of individual diodes, and they're actually quite cheap on a per-unit basis. A lot of the expense is actually in the circuit board and light diffusers, both of which get cheaper in large quantities.
If it had not been for progress we would still be driving around with this as a headlight.
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2015, 06:11 PM   #51
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
FYI, I prefer my halogen headlamps in my 2LS because they look more "organic", and thus more "alive"...and well as playing into the retro vibe of the pre-referesh.
After owning HIDs, I can't go back to halogens. Having halogens is like not having head lights after having HID for extended use.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 05:47 AM   #52
PalmerGA

Quote:
FWIW, LEDs are no longer about style.
Really?

Name:  LEDs 3.jpg
Views: 1575
Size:  6.9 KB

Name:  LEDs 2.jpg
Views: 1552
Size:  8.8 KB

Name:  LEDs 1.jpg
Views: 1567
Size:  3.9 KB
Old 06-04-2015, 06:19 AM   #53
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Like they say: "When your in a hole, stop digging"
Old 06-04-2015, 08:00 AM   #54
NJScorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
After owning HIDs, I can't go back to halogens. Having halogens is like not having head lights after having HID for extended use.
True. I had several loaner cars in a row when getting repairs done to my Camaro...all had HIDs, and all were very impressive...then I got back into my Camaro and it felt like driving my candle light.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:20 AM   #55
Forte

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
The 14-15's were disgustingly awful. Completely ruined the look of the rear end for me.

These new lights will likely be my favorite, judging only by the picture. Need to see them in person but in photo's they are gorgeous.
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:59 PM   #56
V6CamaroRS

Drives: '14 V6 RS, DM Exhaust, Sunroof
Quote:
Quote:
The fact that car designers can perform cool styling tricks is just a bonus!
Really.