Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-21-2018, 11:47 PM   #43
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchevy View Post
Don't feel bad my 18 2SS vert msrp was 55000 paid 45000 and now with 6 months and 7k on it KBB says trade in is 28200,
You serious? That is nuts. You’d probably get more than that private party.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:53 AM   #44
Jim50thSS

Drives: 50th SS Convertible
All vehicles have bloated prices, that's the main reason the depreciate so fast.
Jim50thSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:09 AM   #45
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchevy View Post
Don't feel bad my 18 2SS vert msrp was 55000 paid 45000 and now with 6 months and 7k on it KBB says trade in is 28200,
But you are comparing a RETAIL (what you paid) to a WHOLESALE (what a dealer will offer on trade) which is not apples to apples. If you are going to look at kbb, what do they say for the retail price?

The dealer is going to offer you a low price so that they can mark it up and make some $. In return, you do not have to deal with the hassle of selling it yourself. To each his own, but I would rather sell it myself and get a better price.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:50 AM   #46
WCKD 1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
How are yall paying 40K for a LT v6 when a 1LE LT1 is only 41ish?
WCKD 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:22 AM   #47
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCKD 1LE View Post
Options
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:34 AM   #48
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
You should always check Carvana and get an online appraisal from them before trading or selling. In most cases they pay over KBB good condition trade value and they will buy your car outright and come pick it up. It appears they are currently at or above KBB good condition trade value on STI’s.....
STI and EVOs hold their value very well. Its just hard to compare American muscle to those AWD. Plus now dealer are havinv new Gen camaro, ofcourse price is going to drop on 6th Gen
Old 10-22-2018, 09:40 AM   #49
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
You have to shop around on any trade in. Sometimes dealers have buyers in the queue for certain vehicles and will give you more, and/or they are more eager to sell the car you are purchasing. I have had dealers that simply don't want my trade in, others so eager to get it, they keep calling me back giving me more.

My 2017 Camaro 2LT RS, most dealers did not have a high interest for it as a trade in. The sticker was 39K, I paid 34.5K for it. I end up trading 9t and my 1985 C4 Corvette for my 2018 Mustang GT. I got 24K for the Camaro, which most dealers wanted to give me 22 and 4K for the C4, which most dealers did not want at all and one offered me 1K.

Camaros with V6's are not big sellers- the dealer that took it in trade still has it after 3 months, it was first advertised at 29K and is now 27K.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:59 AM   #50
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCKD 1LE View Post
Some people value the luxury bits, or a convertible, over the really high performance stuff. If you're using it as a daily driver and not taking it to the track often/at all, a no-options 2SS or loaded LT makes a lot more sense - and is still plenty fun & more capability than someone can use even semi-legally on public roads without getting into truly overkill-territory.

Since it's a thing now, a 2SS 1LE is nearly $50k if you want the best of both worlds (naturally aspirated, anyway), so the premium for a well equipped V6 is reasonable given the prices among the rest of the lineup.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:47 PM   #51
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
But you are comparing a RETAIL (what you paid) to a WHOLESALE (what a dealer will offer on trade) which is not apples to apples. If you are going to look at kbb, what do they say for the retail price?

The dealer is going to offer you a low price so that they can mark it up and make some $. In return, you do not have to deal with the hassle of selling it yourself. To each his own, but I would rather sell it myself and get a better price.
In most states you will lose the sales tax benefit of the value of your trade by selling privately, if you are fortunate enough to find a buyer for your car. These days it is very difficult to compete against a dealer on a vehicle priced $20K plus as they can easily arrange financing for even the worst of bad credit buyers, not to mention the risk involved with all the professional scammers out there.....
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:18 PM   #52
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
aside from buying a v6 muscle car

who would spend 40k, on a v6 muscle car??? LOL

of course the value is going to be miserable.....

I had gotten my 2ss with every option for 34,600 out the door and am looking at a 19 1LE for 35,400 (39K without employee discount).

if you expect any kind of performance car that isn't the highest model to have a decent resale then you are far off.

the zl1 is about the only thing that will hold value somewhat.
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:42 PM   #53
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kise View Post
if you expect any kind of performance car that isn't the highest model to have a decent resale then you are far off.

When I first looked into the car I looked into buying a '19 1LE turbo and E85ing it with a larger turbo, but I could get an '18 SS 1LE for not that much more and it will have warranty and be worth a ton more over time, overall a much better car for the money even with it being a lot more upfront.

It looks to me like SS models depreciate less vs RS and ZL1 may be good long term but low mileage examples are taking big hits like any car would. SS 1LE is likely going to be the sweet spot for resale, as well as performance per dollar, imo...
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:52 PM   #54
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
OP you are doing great for a Camaro! My ZL1 that MSRPed @ almost $70K has a trade in price in the upper middle $40sK. I plan to use it as my coffin to beat the system. So I don't worry about the true value of my car. All Camaros are toys almost like Corvettes. But for some reason people don't want used ones. Many are low mileage and babied. But some like mine are not. Sucks for us. Still there is no other car I would rather have at any price.

My wife's 2 year old Honda Accord Touring is worth almost what I paid for it. But we are going to keep it until the wheels fall off. I almost stole that Accord as a new demo car with $2K on it. I worked the deal for about a month during the slow sales season. Buying used is the smartest plan as been said before.
Old 10-22-2018, 03:07 PM   #55
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
It's a couple of simple rules:

1-Buy used preferably from a mature driver who babies his car in the garage and has a bad back...etc and rarely drives it. That should save you hopefully $10K off new. Then if you sell down the road, you wont lose.....say $25K if bought new.

2-Or if you buy new, buy something you can afford and want to KEEP and not upgrade. You keep it, you don't worry about depreciation. That's why I'm looking at ZL1s.

You buy a new ZL1 and then want to sell/upgrade? Well......you'll never be happy.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:36 PM   #56
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kise View Post
aside from buying a v6 muscle car

who would spend 40k, on a v6 muscle car??? LOL

of course the value is going to be miserable.....

I had gotten my 2ss with every option for 34,600 out the door and am looking at a 19 1LE for 35,400 (39K without employee discount).

Nothing wrong with a V6 muscle car man at least not if it's the LGX. Zero to 60 and 5.1 seconds for 10 grand less than an SS.

I don't know what to say man except the 80s called they want you back
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote