Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-15-2020, 06:40 AM   #1
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
2020 Camaro returns to Europe

The european Camaro was only produced until MY2018 since the Camaro would not be able to comply with new EU emission laws. Since then we only got pre-produced MY2018 cars that could only be registered as new cars until september 2019. Since then, there were no new official european Camaros anymore.

But this seems to change now. I just got the information that the MY2020 is now officially available for order from Chevrolet Europe. It's expected that Chevrolet will officially announce this within the next few weeks - nevertheless, a certain amount of caution should be exercised until the official confirmation is received. These Camaros are US imports that are fully warranted by Chevy Europe - which means they are not direct EU models as they were until MY2018.

However, the equipment of the Camaro is very limited. So the NPP exhaust system is not available, because it probably does not meet the European noise regulations. So if you want more sound, you have to go to the aftermarket.

In addition, every Camaro is always a 2SS model with the 10-speed automatic transmission, Magnetic Ride suspension and black interior.

For individualisation you can select the following:

All available US paint colors
Sunroof (only in Coupe)
Wind deflector (only in convertible)
Performance floor mats with Chevrolet logo (higher quality than normal)
Rim selection 20' 5-spokes in silver or black

If you decide on one of these Camaros, it should arrive at the dealer's in mid-June.

The official MY2020 Camaro in Germany will be priced around 54.900€ for the Coupe and 61.900€ for the Convertible.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:04 PM   #2
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Boris Johnson is saying screw all those dumbazz regulations that take away their freedom of choice.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:06 PM   #3
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Yeah, in my home country there’s an yearly tax of 2000 euros for those 6L engines...
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:28 AM   #4
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Samurai,
Is your Camaro rare in Germany? And what do you pay for gas per litre?
Just curious.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:43 AM   #5
samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
Samurai,
Is your Camaro rare in Germany? And what do you pay for gas per litre?
Just curious.
Chevys sells about 1,000 camaros per year in Germany, so it's not like an exotic car, but still pretty rare compared to most other sportscars. And in the region I live in, it's totally dominated by VAG vehicles, so in the town I live in (250k inhabitants) mine should be one of maybe 5 6th Gen Camaros overall.

Gas is 1.50€ per litre, which should be about $1.66 per litre / $6.30 per gallon. But I only give the Camaro Shell Vpower since they have a really good subscription model (you pay a yearly fee to fill up with Vpower for the price of regular gas).
Old 01-20-2020, 11:28 AM   #6
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
What about regular maintenance, oil change, service... where do you do them?
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:02 PM   #7
Gary H

Drives: Camaro ZL1
That subscription service sounds interesting, wish they's do that here!
Here, although you can buy an SS/convertible (without the badging) because of LHD it's never really sold so I think the total count for Gen 6's is less than 100 in the whole Country. And the only way to get a ZL1/LE is to import it yourself or have a 3rd party do it - I know of 5 in the Country including mine.
Fuel here is £1.40 a litre for Shell V-Power ( 99RON, the equivalent of 93-94 pump gas) so that works out to $6.40 a US gallon ( A US Gallon btw is 3.5 litres, it's 4.55 in Europe!) and as far as servicing, really easy. Parts are readily available from the U.S ( I have a mailing address in Florida) and plenty of experienced shops that have worked with LS Engines as well as high performance cars in general.
Previous to the ZL1, I had a Holden HSV Clubsport, similar to the Pontiac G8 GXP with a supercharged LS2 built by Walkinshaw Performance who although based in the UK have their main centre in Australia - and are in fact bringing in the SS and ZL1 to Australia and converting them to RHD, so i still use them for spanner work and a couple of other tuners remote tune with JRE and Pray.

Velossa intake, Rotofab, Mamo TB, Custom ported NX Lid & Jokerz Full tilt ported LT4 charger, 3 port CoolingMist Meth injection - ATI 15% lower pulley, E2X CC, TSP ceramic coated longtubes, de-cat and Borla 60608 to NPP box, JRE tune, BMR rear control & trailing arms, lock-out kit, lowering springs and front strut brace, Custom carbon trim interior, Xpel ultimate front PPF and Prestige window tint with Chameleon Windscreen tint...ever evolving...
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:32 PM   #8
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Boris Johnson is saying screw all those dumbazz regulations that take away their freedom of choice.

Yeh...maybe Germany is following their lead.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:21 AM   #9
samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
What about regular maintenance, oil change, service... where do you do them?
There are only about 10 Chevy dealers in Germany, so it's a ~130 mile drive for maintenance. So you can only hope that the car will be fine most of the time

@Gary H: Same here, if you want a ZL1 you have to find a 3rd party to import one. But those who can do it are taking serious markups
Old 01-21-2020, 04:13 AM   #10
Gary H

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Tell me about! I saved over £25000 doing it myself!!
I'm so glad I did though!
Attached Images

Velossa intake, Rotofab, Mamo TB, Custom ported NX Lid & Jokerz Full tilt ported LT4 charger, 3 port CoolingMist Meth injection - ATI 15% lower pulley, E2X CC, TSP ceramic coated longtubes, de-cat and Borla 60608 to NPP box, JRE tune, BMR rear control & trailing arms, lock-out kit, lowering springs and front strut brace, Custom carbon trim interior, Xpel ultimate front PPF and Prestige window tint with Chameleon Windscreen tint...ever evolving...
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote