Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 09-23-2019, 08:03 PM   #1
Ajs16400

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Convertible
Convertible lift pads

Was looking to add lift pads to my convertible. My question is who else has done it? Can you post pictures so i can see how they look. If not zl1 addons lift pad what pad did you use?
Ajs16400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:13 PM   #2
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
I use the ZL1 pad. You have to work around the mounts for the extra cross member under the car. I put the pad on the spot designated on the spot weld and a jack stand under the point where the cross member bolts to the frame. Works fine. My brother-in-law got the set of four pads that you attach to the car and leave them on. He has had no problems with that either. There are a lot of cheaper pads on Amazon and eBay but I got some and the slot wasn't cut deep enough to fit all the way over the pinch weld.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:49 PM   #3
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
I have the ZL1 set of lift pads and they work fine. I don’t keep them mounted on the car but here are a few pictures to show you how they look. You can see how far they extend below the side trim.
Attached Images

Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 10:24 AM   #4
Yasha

Drives: 2017 2SS
New to owning a Camaro - what is the purpose of these lift pads? Does this car not come with chassis jack points in the corners???
Yasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 11:34 AM   #5
HogmanZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasha View Post
New to owning a Camaro - what is the purpose of these lift pads? Does this car not come with chassis jack points in the corners???
NO! you must only lift your camaro by the pinch welds behind the front wheels and just in front of the rears. sorry i dont have a quick link to show you but plenty of threads you can search for. its best to use a lift pad with a slot that will surround both sides of the lift point.

Make sure when taking the car ANYWHERE, even the dealer as they also lift them improperly, that you point out the proper lift points to them or there is a good chance of damage.

I have the same red zl1 add-ons pads that i keep on car full time. Its easy for the car tech to see them when servicing.
HogmanZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:47 PM   #6
Nitefall17

Drives: Camaro 1SS A8 Vert
The ZL1 ones work
Nitefall17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:33 AM   #7
Yasha

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogmanZL1 View Post
NO! you must only lift your camaro by the pinch welds behind the front wheels and just in front of the rears. sorry i dont have a quick link to show you but plenty of threads you can search for. its best to use a lift pad with a slot that will surround both sides of the lift point.

Make sure when taking the car ANYWHERE, even the dealer as they also lift them improperly, that you point out the proper lift points to them or there is a good chance of damage.

I have the same red zl1 add-ons pads that i keep on car full time. Its easy for the car tech to see them when servicing.

Yikes, this is good to know. I'm definitely ordering some of these...
Yasha is offline   Reply With Quote