Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 11-19-2017, 08:34 AM   #1
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Changing out the spoiler...

Anyone change out their spoiler on the vert? Where did you relocate the antenna? Thx.

Pics if you have any...
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:45 AM   #2
Cchief

Drives: 2017 Fifty 2SS Convertible
I have been asking this question for months with no response....i hated the spoiler so i bought an RK Sport flat spoiler thru IMPerformance, had it painted gloss black and installed it myself. If you go that route, i will tell you a little trick to align it correctly. send me an email address and i will forward you pics. I have trouble attaching pics on this forum. I disconnected the boosters behind the black rubber covers and it left me with no antenna. I only use Sirius. I have a radio shop that will add an antenna to the back of the trunk lid if i want to go that route. I saved the spoiler, let the next guy worry about it. Also swapped out the wheels and tires, car looks amazing.
Cchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:30 PM   #3
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cchief View Post
I have been asking this question for months with no response....i hated the spoiler so i bought an RK Sport flat spoiler thru IMPerformance, had it painted gloss black and installed it myself. If you go that route, i will tell you a little trick to align it correctly. send me an email address and i will forward you pics. I have trouble attaching pics on this forum. I disconnected the boosters behind the black rubber covers and it left me with no antenna. I only use Sirius. I have a radio shop that will add an antenna to the back of the trunk lid if i want to go that route. I saved the spoiler, let the next guy worry about it. Also swapped out the wheels and tires, car looks amazing.
If you figure out how to post pics, would absolutely love to see them!!

Mike
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:23 PM   #4
RSKUSTOMZ
RSKUSTOMZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro T-top RS
We have done 2 convertible spoiler mods now, we have relocated the antenna to the inner skin of the trunk lid itself just underneath the 3rd brake lights actual plug.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:57 PM   #5
Shart1971

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro Convertable 1LT
I have 2016 Camaro Convertible and just purchased a ZL1 spoiler wing. I am going to need to relocate the antenna also.

@ RSKUSTOMZ - lucky I live in Charlotte NC and I might need to drive to Winston Salem .lol
Shart1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:21 AM   #6
Biggdummy

Drives: 2016 camaro 2ss vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shart1971 View Post
I have 2016 Camaro Convertible and just purchased a ZL1 spoiler wing. I am going to need to relocate the antenna also.

@ RSKUSTOMZ - lucky I live in Charlotte NC and I might need to drive to Winston Salem .lol
I was interested in doing the same thing with a convertible zl1 wing,but when I searched for the wing it shows the part #84027611 as being discontinued.
Biggdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:10 PM   #7
brihorse
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 68 C10 Stepside,87 Grand Natl
The posts on the spoiler from a coupe will not cover the holes of the wider posts caused by the antenna from a convertible. You won't be able to use a coupe spoiler. The ZL1 convertible spoiler is not as wide as the ZL1 coupe spoiler. I think it is just a standard SS convertible spoiler. But ACS does make a ZL1 convertible spoiler according to their website.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:52 AM   #8
Biggdummy

Drives: 2016 camaro 2ss vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by brihorse View Post
The posts on the spoiler from a coupe will not cover the holes of the wider posts caused by the antenna from a convertible. You won't be able to use a coupe spoiler. The ZL1 convertible spoiler is not as wide as the ZL1 coupe spoiler. I think it is just a standard SS convertible spoiler. But ACS does make a ZL1 convertible spoiler according to their website.
I thought ACS sold the ZL1 type spoiler for a ss convertible too,but can't find it on the site.
Biggdummy is offline   Reply With Quote