Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-13-2018, 08:18 PM   #57
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
[QUOTE=KLG;10076078]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekirk2 View Post
Does your partition stay up when pressure is put on it? If so, when did you have it done?[/QUOTE

The replacement partition does not stay secured to the mounting posts anywhere near as well as the original partition. It easily drops off the mounting posts with just light pressure. I complained to the dealership and was told it is normal.

So far, it has not dropped while driving. I am giving it a little time and see what happens.

Still thinking about a fix if the dealership is unable to address the issue, which, I suspect will be the case.

--KLG--
I made them give me my original back (they did it without telling me during an oil change). Showed the manager and he said that it was not right and that he would notify GM. The replacements are crap but they dont look any different than the originals (we compared them).

It wont drop while driving but it will if there is anything in the trunk leaning against it. Even a duffel bag.

Until folks raise some hell with their dealers about it GM will do nothing. Dont let the dealer tell you its normal - its not.
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:45 PM   #58
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
I took the car in and the mechanic pulled the cover off...they ordered the parts to replace it under warranty.
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 03:48 PM   #59
antny

Drives: 2017 1SS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
I took the car in and the mechanic pulled the cover off...they ordered the parts to replace it under warranty.
Same here. Waiting on parts to show up
antny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:31 PM   #60
blpadge2

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
Frustrating issue, I suppose this is the gamble we take with buying a new gen vehicle early in it's lifespan. I hope you don't have anymore issues, that sounds super frustrating!
Bumping this thread back to the top. The retractable, plastic B-pillar cover on the tonneau that started this thread--broken again after about 18 months.

Went to put the top up at work going in this morning and heard a pop I hadn't heard since the piece was replaced. When I got it home tonight, sure enough the same piece had broken in the same spot as last time.

Problem is the dealership that I bought the car from and that repaired it last time has changed ownership. Doubt there is anyone still there who knows what it took to get it right last time.

Going to have to schedule an appointment, and I'm going to let them go ahead and triple flush the tranny as I think it is starting to shake.

Tags
plastic, replace, retract, stuck, tonneau